• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, it is not bad, not at all:D

This is a damn good story. You should get somebody to publish it and sell it.

Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen
WAAR of the Worlds

Lincoln, June 1689

HAVE YOU RESOLVED THE POLITICAL CRISIS, INSPECTOR-GENERAL SNARQUE?

Yes, indeed, Supreme Fieldmarshal! It turns out that the dastardly traitors were led by one Deaghaidh, an early convert to the Demonic cause and the rites of Satan, and the leaders of the pagan rituals in England. After the Demons were humbled and England conquered, he withdrew embittered into the great forest, from which he raided the countryside with his God-forsaken band of murderers, cutthroats, bards, scarlet dandys, unfrocked friars, and whores and other camp followers, engaging in acts of such utter lewdness that only the protection of Lucifer himself can explain his continued existence.

...Deaghaidh himself, waving a tattered Zorthon battle standard, rallied the surviving battlespawn (except for those that had converted), and charged the eighty thousand strong mobile defense army of middle England.

NOT A SMART CAREER MOVE FROM THIS SPAWN OF HELL, WAS IT SNARQUE?
[/I]

In all good Irish families, there is a war hero, a saint, a patriot and a common criminal.

In the very best of Irish families, they are all the same man :D

A valiant effort. Doomed perhaps, but it sure was fun while it lasted :D

"Erin shall outlive you yet!"
---Last words of Deaghaidh

Don't go ending this AAR. There are still 10 provinces left! anything can happen :D

The ending is rather weird to me.. I've always thought of the Lord of Bones just as (funnily) evil as the aliens. :)

Originally posted by Sorcerer

Although I found that diplo-annexing the demons was a bit too easy. Clever, but too easy...
The alternatives were
  1. Turbo-annex the Zorthons
  2. Burn all the Zorthon TPs and take the remaining ~30 provinces within 30-40 years that were boring as hell
  3. Pull a surprising plot-twist and convert the Zorthons
  4. Hand back the Zorthons to Prufrock451. Their 14 manpower was about the same as that of the tech 60 Indian neighbours, but somewhat behind that of Austria (>500), and income was rather lower as well. Additionally, it would take the Zorthons' decades to build a substantial fleet again, whereas the bright empire - with 124 shipyards - could easily replenish any losses. The rebels were land 40 (they too, were decades ahead of the technology curve). The real question is whether the 6,000,000 men under arms in the Bright Empire could keep revolts down. I guess it might just be possible, unless they were struck by civil war.
While I'll admit that 4) had a certain charm, I thought 3) would be more surprising.

Originally posted by Serene_Revival
The ending is rather weird to me.. I've always thought of the Lord of Bones just as (funnily) evil as the aliens. :)
Forget simplistic labels of good and evil, and focus on intentions. And from just about any examination of intentions, the Lord of Bones is an admirable character, yes ;)

Anyway, Prufrock gets to write the ending... So watch out!

While I'll admit that 4) had a certain charm, I thought 3) would be more surprising.

You're right, of course. But I succeeded in teasing you... :D

Anyway, Prufrock gets to write the ending... So watch out!

Oh. And here me thought you'd make a scenario for HOI with one state covering the known world and w/o tech and one state covering EU2 PTI with all the techs. ;):p

WAAR of the Worlds

Mysterious Wall of the Sahara, August 21th, 1703

THAT WAS VERY QUICK, YKNIB MY STALLION OF IRON.

...to be continued....
Now, I am very curious.

How could you continue after that ???

(Well there is one full century to go OTOH).

Cat

the "shahara wall" is terra incognita; right?

I really like Peter protagonists; especially the chief scientist and the TRANSCENDANT ONE; any hope too get a cameo in your AAR?? *Maniacal laugh....*
maybe you could pick some tiny country in middle of nowhere wich is ruled by the superb triumvidate....

but lets face it; there is no country wich can provide a challenge to Mr Ebbesen... thinks about it.... Orleans? nah, to easy; he can become france... the knights? naah, te got good tech and good leaders; maybe some african nation; good; i already see it:

Shaman M'bwanga bongo calls the gods for aid to help his nation to obtain glory... after sacrificing two sheeps, a white elephant, six rabits and shaman's mother-in-law...

*spoof*

and there are the gods in person; The TRANSCENDANT ONE, LORD OF BONES, CHIEF SCIENTIST, and McDonalds clown... wich will guide The shamans country in the path to glory

Last edited:
Originally posted by Blackmamuth
the "shahara wall" is terra incognita; right?
Right. Reread the early parts of the AAR to see what happens when Battlespawn and the wall interact.

I really like Peter protagonists; especially the chief scientist and the TRANSCENDANT ONE; any hope too get a cameo in your AAR?? *Maniacal laugh....*
Some people are gluttons for punishment... :p

(My favourite remains Chief Scientist)

WAAR of the Worlds- The Dramatic Conclusion

In the Sahara, August 1703

Peter Eppesen, Lord of Bones, walked on. Yknib had collapsed from heat and thirst, but the Lord of Bones felt neither. He felt only a consuming rage, a thirst for vengeance. It drove him on, when the Tuareg guides fled in terror, when the mules dropped and the supplies were ruined in a sandstorm. Now it was just him, his armor glinting in the cruel sun. He was going to the Wall of the Sahara. He was going to crush the skulls of the demons with his own scaly feet.

Somewhere during the eighth day, he saw a Carpathian wlak trotting along the top of a ridge. By the time he approached, it was gone, and there were no prints.

HM. MIRAGE. *aaaaaah* WHERE IS THE WALL? I SHOULD HAVE REACHED IT BY NOW-

A rasp of metal under his feet stopped him. He brushed aside the sand, and saw a single silver line, running under the sand. He walked down the line, shoving the sand away. The line extended for hundreds of feet before he stopped. This was the wall.

It was turned off.

He stepped across and a blinding light flashed through his mind, a searing pain that left him staggering and senseless. He fell to his hands and knees and panted against the soft moss, moaning. As the pain subsided, he got to his feet and staggered to a nearby chestnut tree, gasping for breath.

Wait a minute.

Eppesen looked around again. He was in a forest, pines and chestnuts, oaks and firs. The smell of blueberries wafted from a nearby bush. It was familiar- but it was impossible-

"I'm in Gander. I'm back in Gander." Eppesen staggered around, and stumbled onto the trail that led back to the trading post. He jogged down it, swatting at the gnats and mosquitoes that heralded every summer in Canada, until he could hear the surf. He turned a corner, expecting to see the shacks of the Danish Vinland Company.

Instead, he saw Veenok and Zeebon, sitting beneath a bizarre-looking tree with huge green fruits... twitching... from its branches. A wlak grazed behind them, near a tall building that appeared to be made entirely of pearl. And next to them... a creature that made the Zorthons look positively heartwarming.

"Peter Eppesen," it rumbled, "a pleasure to finally see you in the flesh after all these years."

It wasn't until then, as his bowels clenched in fear, that Eppesen noticed he had a body.

(My favourite remains Chief Scientist)

I agree. You'll have to go a long way to better the Chief Scientist. ;)

Congratulations guys on a strange and wonderful AAR. :cool:

Joe

Well guys what can I say, I've followed it all the way and thoroughly enjoyed it, but Prufrock, that was a rather cruel ending :D.

Originally posted by Wyvern
Well guys what can I say, I've followed it all the way and thoroughly enjoyed it, but Prufrock, that was a rather cruel ending :D.

Alas, I'm afraid (or hoping) that there will be a continuation of the end and that this was merely the first installment of two commemorating the deeds of Lord Lackflesh and his sugary f(r)iends. ;)

A superb story, and one which could run and run if we can only persuade Paradox to release the map editing tools.

I've just had a quick look back, and I think Prufrock knew Peter would complete it in time just as soon as the aliens gave up Flandern for peace in 1532. This gave him 3 three and a half months to think up a suitably surreal ending, and he did it in style.

What else?

Just Wow!

Impressive guys. A great AAR again and told in a magnificent way. :)

I was just wondering Peter, do you still have any fun playing the game, isn’t it to boring to do all these maths and have millions troups built?

As long as he is not bored writing AARs, all is fine for his readers ;)

Cat

Originally posted by Sam Vimes
Impressive guys. A great AAR again and told in a magnificent way. :)

I was just wondering Peter, do you still have any fun playing the game, isn?t it to boring to do all these maths and have millions troups built?
I seldom get tired of matematics. :)

I often get tired of rebels.

I *really* got tired of taking tech 60 maximum fortresses and sending in wave after wave of reinforcements for five or six sieges efter single blasted month. It was a true pleasure near the end of the game (in one of the moments that didn't make it into the AAR) to give Prince Eugene 100K infantry and then let him assault his way through the medium and large fortresses of Manchuria. Sure, only 20K remained at the end, but I finally got a chance to use the assault button for something else than suicide.

When you raise the armies in stacks of 20K-40K in your core provinces (depending on whether you are wartaxing or not), it doesn't take too long to recruit another half-million men to make up for attrition losses :D

Originally written by Cat Lord

As long as he is not bored writing AARs, all is fine for his readers

I'll see if I can wrap up ICFtM next week. It is long overdue a suitable ending.