• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
after reading the dutch aar i have to change my votes

1) ottoman aar
2) papal states aar
3 dutch aar

but your right , they are all so good its hard to vote for any three of them hehe.

I guess it's not a hard choice for me, I've read every AAR I could get my hands on. Maybe it gives a little more perspective on what is great and what is just good.

Some AAR's are really good. But difficult to read through, or don't tell anything about battles at all. Only 6 more weeks till US release :).

------------------
'We must do more than defeat their armies, we must destroy them.' General Thomas J. (Stonewall) Jackson

Fossa,

Heh glad you liked the VA Corte extracts :D

Strom,

As for how to tally the votes, I wasn't going to but I will now, might prove quite interesting. How about this:

Each person's vote for Place 1 (5 points)

Place 2, (3 points)

Place 3, (1 point)

I'll close the topic say .. in 2 weeks time. That should be enough time for most people to put their votes in. I could make it more complex, but this isn't a U.S Presidential election (haw haw..) so we'll keep it simple.

Sapura

Hail Sapura,

I guess the only thing I can do while I am on the outside looking in is to vote.
Here are my choices....

#1) Oranjes' Dutch AAR---he is the one that made me drool for this game!

#2) Kekkomens' Ottoman Empire AAR--very deep , turned a strategy game into a RPG...good job

#3)Sapuras' Swedish AAR--just pain awesome

...and yes no presidetial recounts --that was just plain embarrasing

------------------
For I have dined on honeydew , And drunk the milk of paradise
-RUSH-A Farwell to Kings-Xanadu

Oh ya and for honorable mention that has got to go to Warspite. His AAR on the treacherous mall people , and perdicament with his fiance when trying to find an english version was pretty damn funny!

kudos Warspite!!

Xanadu

------------------
For I have dined on honeydew , And drunk the milk of paradise
-RUSH-A Farwell to Kings-Xanadu

Originally posted by Sapura:
snip
My choice:
1) Marcus M's Turkish AAr, the first I ever read. I creamed my pants while reading it and fell in love with the game. Until, that is I heard that Poland wasn't playable, and had a little chat with Johan ;)

During that time I had no idea how the game was structured or even how it looked overall, it was even before the international beta test.
Sapura
snip
.]
How about a 2nd and 3rd choice (you can vote on your own work ;) )

1/ Oranje's Dutch AAR. No comment. Simply the best
2/ JP's French AAR : you learn how to play and website very well designed
3/ Sapura's Bohemian AAR : the only report that shows a defeat.

Dunhere

1. Kek's 'When Ottoman's ruled...': It shows obvious growth and written in a colorful style.

2. Oranje's Dutch: shows remarkable success and defeat, snatching victory from almost certain defeat.

3. 'Scotland the Brave': Hey I can't wait for the N. American version so I can play the Scots too. It showed that not all games would be 'World Conquering', but he went out in style.

------------------
'What's a battle?' - Ralph Wiggins

My picks for the top three...

1)'Oranje's Dutch AAR' by Oranje http://www.europa-universalis.com/forums/Forum6/HTML/000180.html

A very well written and intriguing AAR. Kept me coming back everyday wanting to read more about the Dutch struggle. Just plain good.

2)'The Knights of St. John' by sisyphus http://www.europa-universalis.com/forums/Forum6/HTML/000197.html

A really neat story about a small Island Nation that battles to become something a little bigger. Made me think of Pirates or Vikings. Well written.

3)'The Hybrid AAR' by Devin http://www.europa-universalis.com/forums/Forum6/HTML/000167.html

Very neat perspective as he went from one country to the next making them a little better each time. Kinda like many AAR's in one.

Honorable mention goes to 'impatiant american AAR' by warspit http://www.europa-universalis.com/forums/Forum6/HTML/000204.html

very funny and definitely echoes the troubles all us Americans are gonna face with loved ones, once we get are grubby little bugger hooks on EU. :D
Not to say you poor souls over seas aren't already in trouble.

I think it may be close between Greven's papal states and Oranjes.

Originally Greven was going to be in my vote, the first one I read I liked a lot, but it's only over a small period of time. And it seems so 'official'.

------------------
'We must do more than defeat their armies, we must destroy them.' General Thomas J. (Stonewall) Jackson

1. Kekkonens Ottoman AAR
2. Sapuras EU Timeline AAR gets a nod
just because of all the chaos on the
British Isles (Nice job on your web site
by the way...)
3. Grevens Papal States AAR... this is the
first thing I read on the website back in
October and I was hooked.

Cheers
David Racher

I like Ottomans, but it is a little too religious for my taste, Kekkomen are you muslim? You seem to know a lot about it, and it drives a religious message. No Pictures :(

------------------

1. Kekkonen's Ottoman AAR
-Great writing style, interesting colonizations. Just great all around. Cant wait for the next

2. Greven's Papal AAR
-What can i say, its a classic and it hooked me on this game, Damn you Greven i am still waiting for february!!!

3. Oranje's Dutch AAR
-Wonderful detail, still waiting for the next installment!!!

Originally posted by Stromprophet:
I like Ottomans, but it is a little too religious for my taste, Kekkomen are you muslim? You seem to know a lot about it, and it drives a religious message. No Pictures :(

:D No, I'm not muslim; in fact, I'm totally non-religious. And I wouldn't say that I know much about Islam, I just tried to imagine how Saddam Hussein (a very bad example of a devout Sunni, I believe) would have expressed some things during the Gulf War.

Actually, since Saddam is now celebrating his 'victory' over the US-led alliance, I probably have to give screenshots, or you'll think all those Ottoman 'victories' made the Empire a one-province nation... :cool:

Sapura, is your timeline and Sweden game one in the same or two different AARS?

------------------

I just finished tallying up the scores. I won't tell results you can count for yourselves if you wish to spend you time as I did.

One thing though Sap, a few mention AAR and classics they like, but give no numbers or order to how they are voting. One can tell if they mention 3 in a row, then you know order.

In particular Hartmann, yndenwal I have trouble figuring where to rank your posts. Although it is not life and death the race is close between 3 individuals and maybe some clearity would help.

Sap, you would be in the race too if you didn't have so many good AARs. Maybe we should accumulate your total votes. Right now things are as I thought they might be although I believe it may have been folly for me to post strategies denmark, but the real winners are coming to the top.

I still want to see pictures from kekkomen. That's why his isn't #1 to me. I have to visualize and it's kind of hard with no game and no map.

------------------

The Time Line and the Swedish Battle for the Baltics AAR are 2 different AAR's. There's still under 2 weeks left to continue the voting so its by no means over.

'Sap, you would be in the race too if you didn't have so many good AARs'

?? I don't get it, I'm not in the race because I write too many good AARs, or is it a miss print, i.e. I DONT write any good AARs :)

Sapura

1- sap's swedish battle for the baltics: the first one i read, made me realize the game of my dreams existed

2- i aint got the time too look fer it, but i think there was an aar wrote by yndenwal i liked a lot. anyways it doesnt look like its gonna win as only the newest aars are being voted(+ those on the aar page).. if i have the time ill correct this part of the message

3- that portuguese diary Sap wrote a long(sic) time ago

Status
Not open for further replies.