• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
TheFlemishDuck said:
I can probably find some more. :)

Note a limitation though ,by 1850 the BeiC had most of India under control ,and so obviously it's hard to find leaders for Indian minor's after that date ,unless youre going to count in Indians in Brittish service ,of wich there were quite a lot and often they were good leaders to.

Btw the above resource is a great one for Punjab's history in the 19th century ,best i could find ,it has whole sections on the times of trouble's in Punjab. (notably after the Time of Ranjit Singh where many Punjabis began to fight eachother for a bid on rulership ,wich was partly origin to punjabs demise)

Might be interresting to include a set of events for that ,afterall withought these makes playing Punjab much easier than it historicly was.

i'm willing to write these events myself and submitting them to the VIP team for moderation if needed ,because of my AAR i have read a lot on Punjab's history in that time.
Yep sounds good. I am busy building flags for VIP but I will switch over to leaders in a bit once that is done.

P.S.

My goal is to have every single country have all alternate flags ;)

Kaiser Franz said:
I bring leader pictures which i have done...i hope you like them...
Zach Taylor (USA):
Taylor.jpg

Scott (USA):
Scott.jpg

Nakhimov (Russia):
Nakhimov.jpg

Manteuffel (Prussia/GER):
Manteuffel.jpg

Admiral Cochrane (ENG):
Cochrane.jpg

Jozef Bem (Hungary):
Bem.jpg

von Haynau (Austria):
Haynau.jpg

Jelacic (Austria):
Jelacic.jpg

Sir Evelyn Wood (ENG):
SirWood.jpg

I hope these look good to you! hope they are of assistance.
Could you give a little more identifying information in those leaders?

Even just a First and Last Name would be helpful and a timeline would be awesome...trits would be unbelievable ;)

P.S.

This goes for any other leaders you submitted :D

Kaiser Franz said:
most of those leaders are already included within the leader files...
Hmm, ok I'll take a look.

Can you just tell me which are new leaders?

This is more wishful thinking then anything else, but if CSA exists by WWI and the world is set up in Turtledove-fashion, could USA get Irving Morrel as a leader? :D

i was thinking, a lot of the Confederate Generals had careers in the US army before the Civil war, so if it hadn't of happened, then of course they would have stayed inside the Union Army, so i was thinking, wouldn't some of the generals from the CSA file, like Lee, Jackson and Beuregarde (unsure of spelling) be gfeatured in the Union army before and maybe after the dates of 1861....so if the war doesn't happen, they would be featured in the USA leader file, but if the war does happen the USA gets an event for these leaders were leaders like Lee are gotten rid of for ever in the US file, like the Pirantini event for Bento Goncalves, he gets captured so he disapears.. heres a basic outline for the event:

The Civil war - Leadership
Many generals and officers within the crumbling Union army had split loyalties, some fought for their state others fought for the union, in this, many officers, such as Stonewall Jackson and Robert E Lee left the Union army and joined their State armies in the newly formed Confedreate States of America.
A. Who need 'em anyway!!
prestige -5, lose, Lee, Jackson etc for ever, -10 leadership

obviously, the current CSA leader pics might have to be tweaked so they have Union Blue uniforms, instead of Grey...but any ideas on this??

Kaiser Franz said:
i was thinking, a lot of the Confederate Generals had careers in the US army before the Civil war, so if it hadn't of happened, then of course they would have stayed inside the Union Army, so i was thinking, wouldn't some of the generals from the CSA file, like Lee, Jackson and Beuregarde (unsure of spelling) be gfeatured in the Union army before and maybe after the dates of 1861....so if the war doesn't happen, they would be featured in the USA leader file, but if the war does happen the USA gets an event for these leaders were leaders like Lee are gotten rid of for ever in the US file, like the Pirantini event for Bento Goncalves, he gets captured so he disapears.. heres a basic outline for the event:

The Civil war - Leadership
Many generals and officers within the crumbling Union army had split loyalties, some fought for their state others fought for the union, in this, many officers, such as Stonewall Jackson and Robert E Lee left the Union army and joined their State armies in the newly formed Confedreate States of America.
A. Who need 'em anyway!!
prestige -5, lose, Lee, Jackson etc for ever, -10 leadership

obviously, the current CSA leader pics might have to be tweaked so they have Union Blue uniforms, instead of Grey...but any ideas on this??
Sounds interesting! :D

Do a few tests to see how easy this is to do, I would but I got a lot of stuff on my plate already ;)

Kaiser Franz said:
what do you mean by test shots? I actualy had a look at the leader pics of Lee and Jackosn, and strangely they have blue uniforms....
No worries, just meant I like the idea and try to get a beta version working ASAP :)

brilliant....hope it helped!! i was just thinking, coz i saw Gods and Generals several months ago, and it started off with Colonel Robert E Lee, Union army...so i thought, "if the Civil war didn't happen, Lee and the other generaks would have been odrinary Union generals etc!" so i thought i'd put the idea up here...but it was my pleasure! :D

Here are the leaders for the Beijing and Nanjing (KMT) Chinese factions...

Beijing:
Yan Xi Shan: Corrupt,cautious (1885-1960)
Yu Long Xiang: diplomat, resourceful (1911-1940)
Zang Jing Yao: armchair general, imperious (1910-1933)
Duan Qi Rui: Old school, glory hound (1905-1925)
Wu Pei'fu: eccentric_genius, brilliant (1910-1939)
Feng Guo Zhang: politician, calm (1910-1925)
Cao Kun: school_of_offense, mediocre (1912-1928)
Feng Yu-Hsiang: Deeply_religious, imperious (1911-1945)
Sun Chuang-Fang: armchair_general, meticulous (1905-1925)
Zhao Ti: generals_aide, cautious (1910-1929)
Tsao-ao: war_college, keen (1910-1916)
Li Yuanhong: Politician, vainglorious (1910-1925)

Manchuria (Fengtien)
Chang Tso-Lin: Adventurer, au_fait (1910-1928)
Chang Huseh-Liang: war_college, romantic (1919-2001)
Chang Tso Hsiang: Drillmaster, expert (1910-1925)
Tang Yu Lin: Adventurer, choleric (1905-1920)
Han Chin Lun: Brutish, school_of_the bayonet (1916-1930)
Wan Fu Lin: Arrogant, school_of_offense (1910-1922)
Chang Yin Huai: toady, audacious (1913-1929)
Ma Zhan Shan: expert_raider, gallant (1916-1930)

Nanjing/KMT/and southern factions:
Tang Ji Yao: aggressive, sucker (1910-1928)
Lu Rong Tin: cursed_luck, keen (1900-1927)
Chiang Kai Shek: War_college, unflinching (1905-1950)
Sun Yuan Liang: generals_aide, daring (1904-1923)
Bai Chong Xi: eccentric_genius, hellbent (1917-1945)
Li Zong Ren: school_of_defense, calm (1911-1937)
Liao Yao Xiang: professor, implacable (1914-1939)
Huang Qi Xiang: spiled, audacious (1916-1948)
Liu Bo Cheng: school_of_offense, disciplined (1890-1924)

If you check out the 1919-1933 leader thread, we have leader pics for the following chaps:
Li Yuanhong, Wu Pei'fu, Feng Yu Hsiang, Yan Xi Shan (known as Hsi-Shan)

Alos, you can add the following gentlemen to your Mexican leader list:
Carranza, Angeles, Alvarado, Zappata and Obregon for leader pictures!!

I mean, we are more than happy to use the pictures, just contact Rey to see if he is fine for you to use them!!

Thank you very much. I'll get these into the appropriate files shortly.

Now, you wouldn't happen to have anything for the the period 1860-1900 for Manchuria would you?

unfortunaely, none for the 1860 to 1900 period, sorry.....but is VIP adding the Beijing, KMT and Manchurian factions in a new version? or is this just something you are doing? I'd love to see VIP have these...would be cool...

Kaiser Franz said:
unfortunaely, none for the 1860 to 1900 period, sorry.....but is VIP adding the Beijing, KMT and Manchurian factions in a new version? or is this just something you are doing? I'd love to see VIP have these...would be cool...
China is getting more revolters :D

Kaiser Franz said:

Well, it all begins with the Taiping Rebellion. If somehow the Taiping win, Mongolia, and Manchuria will get released, thus the need for Manchurian leaders between 1860-1900. And once the Republican revolution happens, we'll have the split between Yuan Shikai and Sun Yat Sen, and a semi-indpependent Manchuria (most likley under Russian influence), with Mongolia kicking around as well.

I spend time on searching 4 japanese leaders before (and after) the meji reforms
here they are:

Code:
leader = {
	id = {
		type = 6
		id = 12611
		}
	category = general
	name = "Tokugawa Nariaki"
	date = { year = 1836 }
	deathdate = { year = 1860 }
	personality = disciplined
	background = old_school
		}

leader = {
	id = {
		type = 6
		id = 12612
		}
	category = general
	name = "Tokugawa Yoshinobu"
	date = { year = 1857 }
	deathdate = { year = 1869 } # He was placed under house arrest
	personality = keen
	background = natural_born_leader
		}

leader = {
	id = {
		type = 6
		id = 12613
		}
	category = general
	name = "Yoshida Shoin"
	date = { year = 1848 }
	deathdate = { year = 1859 }
	personality = intelligent
	background = professor
		}

leader = {
	id = {
		type = 6
		id = 12614
		}
	category = general
	name = "Okubo Toshimichi"
	date = { year = 1860 }
	deathdate = { year = 1878 }
	personality = diplomatic
	background = drillmaster
		}

leader = {
	id = {
		type = 6
		id = 12615
		}
	category = general
	name = "Katsura Taro"
	date = { year = 1866 }
	deathdate = { year = 1913 }
	personality = persistant
	background = drillmaster
		}

I know not everyone of them are directly generals.. but they where leaders of a Daynamo and/or have military knowlege

was doing a bit of research and found a few Bavarian generals, a Baden general, and did pictures for them, and some Prussians etc etc...

Bavarian generals:

Ludwig von der Tann (1845-1885, war_college, keen)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/Epp/vondertann_Bay.jpg

Eduard von Hartmann (1840-1880 artillerist, skilled)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/Epp/Hartmann_Bay.jpg

Prinz Karl von Bayern (1835-1875 aristocrat, brilliant)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/Epp/Prinz_Karl_Bay.jpg

Prussian leader pictures...
von Blumenthal:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/Epp/Blumethal_von.jpg

Koenig/Kaiser Wilhelm:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/Epp/Kaiser_Wilhelm.jpg

Vogel von Falckenstein:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/Epp/Vogel.jpg

Prinz Friedrich Karl:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/Epp/Friedrich_Karl.jpg

von Steinmetz:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/Epp/Steinmetz.jpg

von Mantueffel:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/Epp/Manteuffel_von.jpg

Baden General:
von Obernitz (1866-1880, war_college, smart)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/Epp/Obernitz_Bad.jpg