• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SAS

20+ Years on the Forum
204 Badges
Jan 13, 2002
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Paradox Order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • March of the Eagles
I love the idea of expansions for this game. I am very interested to see how this game comes out. Takes me back to my Axis and Allies board game of my youth.

As someone who played A&A as a kid and now enjoys playing Europe Enuglfed and Hearts of Iron, I'm very excited for this, too.

Best part is, they can make proper models and those who want cardboard counters can just easily make them themselves :p
Better yet, Free League can make a few extra bucks making proper counters and selling them as "physical DLC" ;) .

I have a few board games that are also 1 player capable, would be nice if this was an option also.

I have a few board games that are also 1 player capable, would be nice if this was an option also.
It might... i think i saw that at least the Crusader Kings on had that option.

hmmm I'm still wondering if you'll only be able to play as major powers like A&A or if you can play as minor ones too like mexico or the commie chinese in shaaxi
If I had to guess, the game will involve historical scenario-based gameplay involving the major powers and a few minor powers (benelux, romania, bulgaria, etc) that played a role in those scenarios. I don't think it will be as open-ended as HOI4 except maybe some diplomatic alignment options as is seen in other strategic wargames.

That being said, should an Americas map be released I can see it including a truly global HOI experience as long as they get the American war entry rules right.

Hoi4 is too complicated to be released on Xbox unless if they require some type of special Xbox keyboard. I think they'll still be able to make different versions of hoi4 based in different theatres like Asia+the Americas, the Middle East+Africa+the Mediterranean