• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enewald said:
If possible, get Adana-Aleppo-Lebanon?

Those are my goals.:cool:

Herbert West said:
Adana- Shivas. Cut the Ottomans in half.

It took me sometime to realize that the Ottomans for all intents were already cut in half. Their North African provinces are proving to be an anchor around their neck. All I have to do is knock their allies out of the war and they are at a serious disadvantage.

TheExecuter said:
Nice work by Austria...time will tell whether they can hold on to the Romanian/Bulgarian coast...but this should be interesting.

I, too, wait for the revelation of your master plan. Venetian imperialism RISE!

I’ve given up trying to figure out what Austria is going to do. But at least this time they took provinces instead of money from the Ottomans. And I do plan on expanding Venice!:)

Chief Ragusa said:
Which part of land some men in Georgia and nip into Shirvan, wasn't your commander in Samaria understanding. Walking to Shirvan into their armies coming south, I don't know. Too much inbreeding in the Venetian nobility.

In my defense ( I always have a defense) I would point out that my decision to march north was influence by events on the ground and a famous person in history. Also there was one other who knew me well enough to predict the over estimation of my ability to accomplish this task.

My victories against Shirvan in Samaria gave me a false sense of security that my armies were obvious superiority and could just have a stroll in the park to their capital. Oops to that idea.

As for the person who influenced my decision I would point to Thomas Jefferson who during the War of 1812 famously said that capturing Canada was merely a matter of marching north. Hmm, wait a minute, ah, that didn’t turn out so well did it?

The person who could have predicted my decision was my grandmother on my mother’s side of the family, Myrtle Jefferson. Every Thanksgiving the entire family would gather around the dinner table for the ultimate chow down. Adults would stand around drinking beer talking about things of absolutely no interest to us kids while we would run around playing games that only made sense at an age when the brain hasn’t the ability to look ahead and see the consequences of your actions, which strangely enough usually ended up in the raised voices of several adults pointing out that very thing.

When it came time for eating the adults had control of the main table resplendently loaded down with Turkey, ham, a beef roast and whatever other kind of meat could be found. Mounds of veggies from corn to peas to yams, the list goes on. Surround all this were the cakes and pies and all cooked by my grandmother Myrtle. The only problem was that she was the world’s worst cook. All meat was well done, I mean WELL DONE. Veggies were cooked until they were a soggy mess with every nutritional valve boiled out of them. Luckily for us kids we hadn’t grown any taste buds yet so we though it tasted great. So I’d get in line and load up my plate until it was over flowing and hurry back to the “kids” table because I knew my cousin Robert would try to take what was suppose to be my seat. Finally everyone ( grandmother would be the last to sit down) would be sitting down and the eating would start. I’d get half way through my meal and be so stuffed that I couldn’t take another bite and my grandmother would come by ( she was the first up after the meal to start cleaning up) and look at my half eaten plate and then at me and say “Looks like your eyes were bigger than your stomach". I’d nod my head because what the heck is a kid suppose to do when faced with the truth?

Anyway as this story shows I’ve always bitten off more than I can chew which causes me to in many cases to ignore the easy way and take the long hard road full of pot holes, lights that take forever to turn green and cul-de-sacs. I hope that explains why I didn’t just sail to Georgia and nip to Shirvan.:D

On a momentary serious note I would point out that I had to stay and defend Samaria from repeated attacks from Shirvan so I thought it prudent to clean up the last of the Shirvan’ armies before attacking their capital. What better way than march out and intercept them in Syria? I seriously underestimated how much this would sap my strength. :(

aldriq said:
secure the Levantine coast if you can.

I agree, consider it done.

Toio said:
Is it risky, yes............but what have you got left to do?

Italy is a must as this and only area that will increase your manpower and monies quickly.

If the ottomans leave me alone I plan on looking at Italy but as you know my alliance with Austria is going to present a problem in the near future. I haven’t decided if I’m going to stay allied with them or not. If I get caught up in their ambitions and then the Ottomans decide to take advantage of the situation is could get ugly. I at least have reached a point where I don’t need Austria. I hope.

coz1 said:
I saw that Austrian gambit as it happened. And in truth, that's probably the best thing for you.

It'll take some time, but the Turk is in for one serious hurt.

I agree. Austria really hurt the Turk and I’m doing the cleaning up. :)

Lordban said:
Austrian Azerbaijan? How original

Yea and how long do you think they will be able to hold on to it? :D

Stuyvesant said:
Looking very good. Austria taking away three Ottoman provinces is nice, but I doubt they'll be able to hang on to them for very long..

Well Azerbaijan is a sure thing to break away but so far the Austrians have at least tried to hold on to what they’ve gained in the Balkans. Problem is if they get distracted in the West… well that can’t happen can it?:eek:

blsteen said:
How much BB do you have to use? I'd say to take Lebanon, Syria and either Adana or Aleppo depending on the WS.

And Toio is right that a Venice too focused on the footstools leaves the balance of Europe untended. But its not called Venice Against the Ottoman's for nothing

If I remember correctly my BB is around 18.5 out of 41. I’m getting to the point where I don’t think I have to worry about it for right now.

I’m worried about being sucked into Europe because of coming events. I haven’t reached that point yet. I’ve played up to 1698 when the war ends with the Ottomans.

Post coming up. Anyone know if smoke coming out of a PC is good or bad? I’m surprised that it’s still running.

Joe

February 1693 and the Ottomans offer me 5 ducats for peace. I don’t think so. By March I finally drive the Ottomans off of Cyprus and head for Napoli.

I continue to have success with my sieges as Adana falls to Venice.
1696AprilAdana-1.jpg

And Bosnia and Mantua, busy as usual, are in Nuyssaybin and Kirkuk waiting for more men to arrive. These guys are proving to be the vanguard of my army in every war we fight.

In April I land in Napoli and defeat the 3,000 men that the Ottomans managed to land there. Finally all of my provinces are free of the enemy.

This was a pleasant surprise.
1696Aprilevent-1.jpg

Even though I detest taking loans this was too good to pass up. Getting back to +3 stability is worth every ducat.

In early May I start sailing my army from Napoli toward Smyrna with the aim of consolidating my forces for the next big push and at the same time I march to Aleppo where I help out Mantua in their siege of the fort.
1696MayAleppo-1.jpg

The Ottomans decide that now is a good time to attack my weakened forces in Anatolia. The battle was in doubt until my reserve army from Napoli, that I landed in Smyrna, reached the battle field to support the defense of the province.
1696JulyAnatolia-1.jpg

Only a few thousand Turks survived the battle.

But they refuse to give up.
1696SeptemberAnatolia-1.jpg

But after losing almost 8.000 men they were forced to retreat.

December 1696 and Aleppo falls to Mantua.

I can never have enough leaders.
1697Navalleader-1.jpg

The Ottomans throw another 17,000 men at my defensives in Anatolia in January. I stop them at the rivers edge. I also capture Thrace and besiege Lebanon in the same month.

June 1697 and I sink the last of the two ship Ottoman navy off the coast of Napoli.

The Ottomans are starting to get desperate. In August they offer 133 ducats and Adana for peace. I refuse.

November 1697 and Syria falls to Mantua. A few days later Lebanon falls to Venice.

Even as I pause Mantua continues to press the fight as they finally get enough men to Kirkuk to start a siege.
1698JanuaryMantua-1.jpg

I decide it’s time to offer peace to the Ottomans.
1698Januarypeace-1.jpg

They accept , as if they had a choice.

This would normally be where I ended this AAR since I think it’s safe to say that the Ottomans don’t have a chance against me from here on out. With no navy their North African forces are isolated and even without the Austrians I can defeat anything they can come up with in the Middle East.
1698Marchworldview-1.jpg

But I’ve decided to play on for just a few more years. I’m curious what’s going to happen with Austria in a few years and how it plays out.

Sounds like time for a new computer, Joe. :( Good to see it is at least allowing you to get updates to us. :)

Now how about a full Med empire, eh? ;) That sounds like a perfectly fine goal.

And I know what you mean about the cathedral event. Sometimes, high stab is worth some interest for a while.

NO! The Ottomans must be dismembered and never allowed a...Yeah ok whatever.:D
The sheer slog of taking relatively useless provinces in North Africa from a dying empire would not be the highlight of this AAR that has already given us so much.
And smoking computer is not a good sign. An omen, a portent, a sign...that the smoke detector wil be going off soon.

The only thing stopping the HAB from dowing you is the POL are big, if they loose some provinces, I feel you could be in trouble

In my defense ( I always have a defense) I would point out that my decision to march north was influence by events on the ground and a famous person in history. Also there was one other who knew me well enough to predict the over estimation of my ability to accomplish this task.

My victories against Shirvan in Samaria gave me a false sense of security that my armies were obvious superiority and could just have a stroll in the park to their capital. Oops to that idea.

As for the person who influenced my decision I would point to Thomas Jefferson who during the War of 1812 famously said that capturing Canada was merely a matter of marching north. Hmm, wait a minute, ah, that didn’t turn out so well did it?

The person who could have predicted my decision was my grandmother on my mother’s side of the family, Myrtle Jefferson. Every Thanksgiving the entire family would gather around the dinner table for the ultimate chow down. Adults would stand around drinking beer talking about things of absolutely no interest to us kids while we would run around playing games that only made sense at an age when the brain hasn’t the ability to look ahead and see the consequences of your actions, which strangely enough usually ended up in the raised voices of several adults pointing out that very thing.

When it came time for eating the adults had control of the main table resplendently loaded down with Turkey, ham, a beef roast and whatever other kind of meat could be found. Mounds of veggies from corn to peas to yams, the list goes on. Surround all this were the cakes and pies and all cooked by my grandmother Myrtle. The only problem was that she was the world’s worst cook. All meat was well done, I mean WELL DONE. Veggies were cooked until they were a soggy mess with every nutritional valve boiled out of them. Luckily for us kids we hadn’t grown any taste buds yet so we though it tasted great. So I’d get in line and load up my plate until it was over flowing and hurry back to the “kids” table because I knew my cousin Robert would try to take what was suppose to be my seat. Finally everyone ( grandmother would be the last to sit down) would be sitting down and the eating would start. I’d get half way through my meal and be so stuffed that I couldn’t take another bite and my grandmother would come by ( she was the first up after the meal to start cleaning up) and look at my half eaten plate and then at me and say “Looks like your eyes were bigger than your stomach". I’d nod my head because what the heck is a kid suppose to do when faced with the truth?

Anyway as this story shows I’ve always bitten off more than I can chew which causes me to in many cases to ignore the easy way and take the long hard road full of pot holes, lights that take forever to turn green and cul-de-sacs. I hope that explains why I didn’t just sail to Georgia and nip to Shirvan.:D

Sometimes the stories you make up in your comments are even better than the ones you tell in your AARs :D

Sometimes the stories you make up in your comments are even better than the ones you tell in your AARs :D
Hear, hear! :D

By the way, great to see you poking your head in around here nalivayko. You are missed. :)

Aw bless, a nice Thanksgiving story and it's not even Summer yet! :p

By the way, I've had a few 'eyes-bigger-than-stomach' comments in my own youth, so it's clearly a intercultural thing. :)

Hooray for continuing the AAR a little bit longer. I hope your computer's imminent death will not interrupt it. Taking my cue from blsteen, I'll suggest you check the batteries in your smoke detectors. Oh, and if you're one of those people who like to keep their PC running all hours of the day and night, you might want to put that on hold for a while. At the very least, turn it off at night...

coz1 said:
Sounds like time for a new computer, Joe.

And I know what you mean about the cathedral event. Sometimes, high stab is worth some interest for a while.

Yes it’s time for a new computer but the behemoth I’m looking at is going to set me back a grand or more.:(

I think that’s the only event I’ve ever run into that will get me to take a loan.

blsteen said:
And smoking computer is not a good sign.

I think it was the dust burning. I should clean it out more often.;)

Toio said:
The only thing stopping the HAB from dowing you is the POL are big, if they loose some provinces, I feel you could be in trouble.

Oh I’m in enough trouble as it is as you’ll soon see. The HAB is the least of my worries.

aldriq said:
we don't want to miss the massive Spanish-Austro-French war coming (and your role on it)

At least I don’t ‘have’ to have a role in it.

nalivayko said:
Sometimes the stories you make up in your comments are even better than the ones you tell in your AARs

I blame Chief Ragusa. He made me come up with a verbose excuse in the hopes that by the time everyone read it they would have forgotten my dunderhead move in the game.

Chief Ragusa said:
The temptation to abandon Austria may be just too strong. On the other, trying to gain something from Spain might be possible.

Speak of the devil. :D

You sir are an optimist. Check out the tech levels in my next post on the game and you’ll see what I mean.

Stuyvesant said:
By the way, I've had a few 'eyes-bigger-than-stomach' comments in my own youth, so it's clearly a intercultural thing.

That’s good to hear. :)

My computer is better used for toasting bread than running FTG. I don’t run it for more than 2-3 hours at a time. It reminds me of my first car, which showed similar symptoms just before it gave up the ghost, at least the smoke part and running only 2-3 hours at a time. It was a 1961 VW beetle. The heater/defroster didn’t work. It had a crack running along the front window that looked like someone drew an outline of the Colorado Rockies. Somewhere along the way I’d had to hot wire it and never got around to putting it back together. It was kind of cool watching that spark flash between wires as the car kicked into life. During one rambunctious Halloween party someone dropped a raw egg on the top of the hood and I left it there. (I forget why) Did you know if you leave a raw egg on long enough so that is gets real hard and dry that is will take the paint off your car? Bet you just learned something. One good thing is you could drive that sucker places where a four wheel drive couldn’t go. They don’t make them like that anymore.

Enewald said:
Don't finish before you have a Venice-Constantinople-Jerusalem-Alexandria connection!

Which reminds me, someone was wondering if the AI would move it’s capital if it was surrounded and isolated. So far that hasn’t happened so I’m not sure of the Venice-Constantinople part of your equation is going to be doable.;)

Joe

Much fun is had after the war as I do the usual building and recruiting while tapping my toes. In other words there’s not a lot to write about until we get to the early 1700s. Well that and I lost my notes (as in I put the wrong folder in the trash and emptied it, sigh) for the first four years of the 1700s. But not to fear what I’ve forgotten I can more than make up and it will likely be better than what really happened!

Okay I just remembered. The Ottomans around 1701-02 DOW Tunisia and I had a series of snap-shots of the horrors of pumping in 61,000 men into a siege in North Africa. They are in the folder I flushed. The Ottomans win the siege after 6 months and around 30,000 men eat sand. They annex Tunisia.

Sometime let’s say oh about 1704 Spain cancels her current alliances and becomes the vassal of France. Okay I can live with that. Then Hapsburg Spain pops into existence and declare their independence. Okay I can live with that. Now the next part is rather murky since I don’t recall the exact sequence but France declares war on Hapsburg Spain and their vassal Spain joins them in the war. Hapsburg Spain are surprise, surprise in my alliance so Austria and Bosnia join them in the war. Mantua buggers out leaving me the choice of leaving and going on with just Mantua by my side or joining the war.

If it was just Austria that I would lose by bowing out of the alliance I’d wave goodbye but I don’t want to lose Bosnia, dear Bosnia was there ever a name so sweet as Bosnia? So what the hell, damned if I do and damned if I don’t. I join the war. I ask Mantua back into the alliance and they agree.

So what am I up against? Let’s look at the major players.
Leaderboard-1.jpg

Naval tech isn’t a problem but I’m way behind in land tech to the point that I don’t want to fight any land battles. Well any serious land battles. I have no problem picking off the occasional squad of soldiers separated from any large support force. So if I can get sneaky and a little lucky maybe just maybe I can do something to help my side.

I take a look around and find Southern Italy devoid of defenders. All right just what I was hoping for, a chink in the Spanish armor.
1705DecemberItaly-1.jpg

Now all I have to do is get an army there and try to take advantage of the situation. I load up my army in Anatolia and sail for Napoli.

I chuckled when I saw this.
1705Decemberlaugh-1.jpg

Mighty Austria is sailing the waves. At least until they lose their Balkan provinces and lose their ports.

Savoy rejoined France’s alliance and the war. I also see that France and Spain are at war against Songhai, Hausa and Morocco. Maybe that will work as a diversion?

It doesn’t take long for France to start flexing its muscles.
1705DecemberFranceonthemarch-1.jpg

Austria is going to have their hands full in this war.

And this is where I have to stop. What follows below was lost in a CTD in April 1706. I’m going to have to go back to the auto save at the beginning of the year. Still I’m posting what happened even though it’s going to be lost since it might be interesting to see what’s different when I replay these four months. In other words can I learn from my mistakes and take advantage of this second chance and not make the same bad choices?

January 1706 arrives and Spain demands Napoli from me for peace. What? I haven’t even seen a Spanish soldier or sailor and they want Napoli? I’m still my alliance leader so it seems Austria is not doing well in the early stages of the war and its costing me points? I’m working on a worst case scenario and I’ll probably have to give up Napoli to get out of this war. My best case scenario is a status quo peace. Yes I know I have to learn to control my ambitions.

Anyway this is what happened.

The French are the first to show up at sea and the battle is joined. Since I don’t retreat my armies or navies I’m going to try to win this battle by sending in my other fleets..
1706Februaryseabattle-1.jpg

Luckily I have a fleet off Napoli that I send in and my transport fleet is also about to reach the sea zone of the battle.

Three of my four fleets are now involved in the battle. VICTORY IS IN REACH!
1706Februarysealost-1.jpg

I lost the battle and my three fleets are scattered in the wind.

Two escape to the port of Napoli but the other which has my army aboard retreats in the opposite direction and runs into a Spanish fleet.
1706MarchSpanishfleet-1.jpg

Hmm, remember that rule I have about keeping my fleets at no more than 15 ships? The one I swore I’d never break. Yea the one carved in stone. No make that carved in granite. Well that rule just got tossed out the window. No surprise here as I lose the battle and my fleet retreats toward Crete when it limps into port and my army disembarks. Now I have to figure out how to get my other fleets to Crete where I can combine them and use them to move my army to Napoli. I haven’t given up on Italy. At least not yet.

Meanwhile on the French/Austrian front things are still in flux.
1706WesternFront-1.jpg

Mantua is biding its time as it usually does. Sly little buggers aren’t they. I was hoping that Bosnia would attack Spanish held Croatia and they eventually do just that. Austria is standing tall and making the enemy pay dearly for every inch of progress. Berg has fallen to the French but that’s all so far.

It looks like they’re still pussy footing around on this front of the war..
1706AprilSpain-1.jpg

CTD…

Evil! Evil! Impolite and Evil! Oh, how I despise the CTD!

When Hapsburg Spain showed up, I was shocked. Then they were in your alliance. And now a war with a weakened Spain? Heaven. But are they really that weak? France likely isn't. Austria should have some good generals working right now so hopefully that helps.

Watch Austria and Bosnia though...should they get a good diplo monarch, they could steal little (big) Bosnia right from under you as vassal (if they are not already yours...I may well have forgotten...it happens to me at times. ;))

Good luck getting this thing to run again, Joe. Keep at it!

Hmm, remember that rule I have about keeping my fleets at no more than 15 ships? The one I swore I’d never break. Yea the one carved in stone. No make that carved in granite. Well that rule just got tossed out the window.

I think it´s fair to say we only expected you to follow that rule with the Ottomans, not with Spain, France or GB... Let's hope this second CTD is not a save game corruption... :eek:

Storey said:
Did you know if you leave a raw egg on long enough so that is gets real hard and dry that is will take the paint off your car? Bet you just learned something.

I'll add that as reason #87 of why I don't have a car... :rolleyes:

I see you gained a few extra victories over the Ottos while I was away from this AAR. You sure seem to have it difficult though with facing both Spain and France. How is your inflation, income and technology now?

Ugh. Another CTD. You've built up quite a collection of those over the years. Hopefully this is a one-off occurence.

I noticed the small detail that your combined four fleets added up to 42 ships (in the screenshot just before they were defeated), while the single Spanish fleet that swept you from the seas totals 88 ships. A lot of them were galleys, true, but that number still spells trouble.

Well, good luck either beating the snot out of the French without number, or squeaking out a relatively painless peace deal. :)

Last post as my computer and FTG don’t seem to like each other. It has become a race to see which will happen first. FTG imploding under a shower of CTDs or my computer slowly going psychotic on me as it hiccups ever lengthening pauses that end in either the blue screen of death or presents me with a frozen mouse curser that mocks me. It just sits there unblinking, just tempting me to try using my mouse. I fall for it every time and try to use it only to hear a clicking noise coming from the hard drive that I swear is the computer chucking at me.

I found some bits and bytes under my computer yesterday. They looked much like deer droppings except for the color, they were slightly grey. I’m heading for the dell website to select my next crutch to help me hobble around cyberspace.

But what about the game?

January 2 1706 and the circus is once more in town as the Ottomans DOW Bosnia. The usual crowds of miscreants join the Ottomans. Oh I forgot Tunisia has also joined the Ottoman side. My allies all support Bosnia.

With the numerous replays caused by the sudden surge of CTD I’m having a difficult time keeping clear what happened in which segment pre and post whatever CTD came along so I’ll give it my best shot and try not to include material that was later over written because of a forced replay.

One of the first things I did was combine two of my fleets off the coast of Sicily resulting in a fleet of thirty ships, which was attacked by a Spanish fleet of three warships. They lost the battle and I sailed off to the Aegean Sea where I decided to sit and wait to see what comes my way. I also moved a fleet to block the Bosporus.

The French waste no time and move forward with large numbers of men (Over 100,000) and attack Bern. The Austrians are slower off the mark this time around and suffer repeated setbacks as they march piecemeal at the French. The same month the Ottomans march over and besiege Bulgaria, which Bosnia has left undefended. And Al-Haasa besieges Aleppo. My enemies are as busy as bees.

By March 1706 the French have their first victory as Bern falls to their now 120,000 man army. Yikes! Even the Spanish shown up in Austria for the fight.

In Italy the French follow the same strategy as the Portuguese in an earlier war and march up from Apulia and invade Napoli. Even though they have less than 3,000 men in their invading army there’s absolutely nothing I can do about this. Napoli is going to fall and it would be a waste of men to try to hang on to it. I just have to hope that I can gain enough elsewhere to counter that loss.

April and Bulgaria falls to the Ottomans. Meanwhile I slip out of Anatolia with a small army and besiege the fort in Kastamonu. The Ottoman fleet of 3 warships and 2 transports show up in the Aegean Sea and are promptly defeated. Austria for some reason sends a 10,000 man army to Sivas and besieges the fort. I believe this happened because they left 10,000 men in Smyrna from the last war and the AI figured since they’re already there so why not use them? Late in April Aleppo falls to Al-Hassa.

A momentary success for my ally Spanish Hapsburg as they must get an event and the Spanish province Aragon joins their country but Valencia falls to Spain in the same month. The Spanish are pressing more and more men into the fight and I don’t see a happy ending for Habsburg Spain.

In July the French and later the Spanish do something a little interesting. They start landing men in Aleppo and march them to Anatolia. Is it because my two main fleets are blocking the way to Anatolia by sea so the AI reasoned that it would be better to go the long way around? Anyway first 4,000 plus French show up in Anatolia and my 28,000 strong army loses the battle. However they lose so many men they go poof and disappear. Later 5,000-10,000 Spanish and French armies take this roundabout march to Anatolia and are repeatedly defeated.

October 1706 and Al-Hassa besieges Samaria.

Things aren’t looking good for Austria. Unless they’re hiding their soldiers they don’t have more that 10,000 men to face the French. At least Mantua is helping the Austrians out by besieging French owned Emilia.

December 1706 my peace resolution sore is -20%.

January 1707 and Croatia falls to Bosnia. Way to go guys. Now if they will either recapture Bulgaria or kick the Turks out of Kosovo I’d be a happy man. I kept waiting for an opportunity to march over from Anatolia to attack Thrace but several things stopped me. The random attacks on my army in Anatolia from the Ottoman allies, France and Spain and the fact that the Turks never left their capital undefended prevented me from trying. They have around 30,000 men in Thrace but even though they march out to attack and besiege other provinces they always leave 12-15,000 men in Thrace.

Kastamonu falls to Venice in February 1707.

The first real push by the Spanish at sea happens when they sail 6 war ships and 58 transports into the Aegean Sea and engage my fleet of 20 warships and 10 transports. No ships are lost on either side but I win the battle and chase their retreating fleet. I catch up to them in the Cyclades and sink their 6 warships. They retreat again and for some reason head toward the Aegean Sea where I catch up to them and destroy the entire 56 transports left in the fleet. Sweet.

April 1707 and I get a scare when a Spanish fleet of 10 warships attacks my fleet of 9 warships off the coast of Venice. It was a close battle and we both lose a warship but I manage to win the battle. Samaria also falls to Al-Hassa in April.

May 5 1707 and Napoli finally falls to France. The Habsburg Spain and Spain reach a separate peace agreement and Valencia goes to Spain.

June 1 1707 CTD and I mean a hard repeatable CTD. The kind of CTD that you tell your kids if they don’t behave they’ll get a CTD like this on their play station.

What was the likely out come? Well the problem is I had to replay several times before I realized that I needed to save every three months so the situation changed each time. There was one time where I was taking a real beating as in Austria bugs out and makes a separate peace agreement and France and Spain march over and besiege Istria and Dalmatia and the Ottomans have captured Bulgaria and have almost captured Kosovo.I’ve lost a couple of provinces to Al-Hassa. Fortunately I lost that scenario in a CTD. In other replays I did much better but it still was going to be a difficult war to win.

To all who took the time to drop by and read thanks and may you never have a CTD.

Joe

you sank 58 transports ..impressive.........sounds like WWII , wolfpack amongst a convoy of unprotected merchant ships :D