• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PB-DK

Former Paradox Fan
61 Badges
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rome Gold
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
hello people, been working a bit on AI for aod 1.11 post tech update so i wanted to share it here for the people who want a bit more challenging ai to fight with and against.

should provide a German player lots of fun

Install:
open the zip, copy over and overwrite on one of the recent 1.11 patches install (or do a clean install update to 1.10 and patch to 1.11 and then overwrite with the contents)

feedback is very welcome and appreciated

there are two campaigns that have been worked on, 1936 is the vanilla campaign with a new build queue for the ai.
vanguard 1936 is my own modified campaign with mainly manpower changed

currently working on:
other stuff :)

if you want to use any part of this mod, feel free, just shoot a line somewhere about who you got it from aka the evil overlord or pb-dk ^^,

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hands off game 08 august
1939 - Sep 1st:
1939-09-01-Army.jpg

1939-09-01-navy.jpg

1939-09-01-air.jpg

1939-09-01-Army.jpg

1939-09-01-navy.jpg

1939-09-01-air.jpg

1941 - June 1st:
1941-06-01-Army.jpg

1941-06-01-Navy.jpg

1941-06-01-Air.jpg

1941-06-01-Army.jpg

1941-06-01-Navy.jpg

1941-06-01-Air.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jg62iazsm9iu2ch/Vanguard.zip?dl=0

2020 update - install into a seperate install as this will change the checksum
---
2 campaigns
the basic 1936 with editted builds for all nations
my own Vanguard 1936 with mainly increased manpower for each nation - 5% of population in 36 pop
my own ai and ai events including some small fixes for minor events

• 1Like
Reactions:
Extra MP is right. Took my Sealion 5 months!!!

VgSealion1.png
VgSealion2.png

Too bad I didn't save pics of being in the thick of it. Too distracted. OKW is way behind schedule now!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am very interested to give this mod a try... That being said : does it work with the current (development) 1.12 patch?

I am very interested to give this mod a try... That being said : does it work with the current (development) 1.12 patch?
it will conflict with the new patch, i am working on uploading a new one right now - some event duplications but they can be ignored right now

edit updated it while removing events that have been updated by the patch

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
it will conflict with the new patch, i am working on uploading a new one right now - some event duplications but they can be ignored right now

That's weird. I had no issues running your mod with the 1.12 RC patch. Oh well :D gonna give this version a try tonight

To have no misunderstanding : you are saying this 'new' patch (vanguard v2) will work with 1.12? Or still not?

To have no misunderstanding : you are saying this 'new' patch (vanguard v2) will work with 1.12? Or still not?
the new one should not conflict with with the patch, i.e. you can play with it and it should not give any errors

• 1Like
Reactions:
Only 25% extra AI manpower...You sure it's just that?

VG_BB_Damn2.png

Now I know how Guderian must've felt.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Only 25% extra AI manpower...You sure it's just that?

View attachment 588477

Now I know how Guderian must've felt.
well, compared to vanilla it is more like 0 to 2000% with usa getting the most, china not getting any as that has not been worked on really - they could get more but it seems not to be relevant to the survival of the ai or human china

but i for one really love that the nations now have the manpower they could use if they so chose, that lets the russian front be the nightmare that germany experienced in ww2, with the ai updates they are also much more efficient using them compared to the vanilla ai by pang

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hallo, very nice your "Vanguard Mod". I'm in the first war action Sep 1939. I see my first
+++ polish Pz's in action, since the days of Doomsday, Armageddon and now AoD
+++ airportstrikes on my transportplanes at kassel
+++ Danish troops at Kolding, Danish aircrafts at Kopenhagen
- Event "Eastern Poland to USSR" did not fire, but i can live with that

many thanks

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hallo, very nice your "Vanguard Mod". I'm in the first war action Sep 1939. I see my first
+++ polish Pz's in action, since the days of Doomsday, Armageddon and now AoD
+++ airportstrikes on my transportplanes at kassel
+++ Danish troops at Kolding, Danish aircrafts at Kopenhagen
- Event "Eastern Poland to USSR" did not fire, but i can live with that

many thanks
yep, still working on the air ai for next release as there is a lot of stuff that can be done with it since the vanilla ai is basically the same as that in hoi2 and even the few updates i did to it seems to work pretty well in comparison.
i have been wanting to make all the ai's build historically diverse but also combat effective forces (which is not easy as that is often conflicting interests) and the build setups help a long way towards that goal.

eastern poland to ussr usually triggers every time on historical but i have seen that it does not once in a while in my tests as well, have not looked into it but i guess i better figure that out for my next update :)

View attachment 592557

1936 False Flag Fake News ?
yep, it is a bug in the exe with nuclear missiles that allows the game to trigger it, i was thinking of beefing the spy stuff up later as vanilla has it shut off, but the way it is implemented does not really allow for much tweaking without having to go nuts with the details and there are certainly more interesting stuff to work on first

View attachment 592678

Biodiversity in the Baltic See, at that time, the world was still in order, great AI performance, sent out the seawolfs
well, nothing in the files actually lets spain go into the baltics as they both have it on ignored areas for navy, so thanks for spotting that, genuine bug bug ^^,