US AI in the pacific and Communist China uprising

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

=XIII=Wedge

Second Lieutenant
33 Badges
Nov 17, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Since Waking the Tiger I have really loved playing and learning about the Asia Pacific theatre, particularly the dynamic between Japan, the US, the KMT and the CCP nations.

One historical scenario I have never succeeded in was taking Communist China to victory after the US nukes Japan.

I like to keep Mao’s Cornered Rat trait until after Japan has been defeated and build up an infantry based army with some elite mountain special forces.

Infiltration is done on all KMT states before they fall to the Japs I play very passively in this scenario building vast stockpiles of cheap Infantry Guns and sticking to the mountains of Shaanxi.

Even with the improvements to supply in NSB. I still don’t see the US doing anything much in the Asia, although rather than Torch they now seem to go straight for Overlord in late 1942 in Europe.

Variation suggests not to expect a world scenario to be the historical one on every play through, but with a historical play through, it would be great if CCP could be played using the historical strategy with a normal distribution around historical world events.

Has anyone been able to play CCP with any success playing in a similar way to how they were historically, with China holding and the US ending the conflict through deploying nukes against the home islands?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Same here. CCP and KMT, while having deeply flawed focus trees, are my favorite nations to play. So many paths to victory.

The question is...why are you waiting for the Americans? I, with my mediocre skills, can force Japanese to withdraw from the mainland by 1942 as CCP. And that with my "lazy" playstyle with a lot of fooling around.

Now, if you want to recreate "historical scenario" than the problem is not Americans, but Soviets. There is no Manchurian offensive (AFAIK), so KMT gets the entire region and those sweet, sweet factories that historically went to CCP.

Reactions:
The question is...why are you waiting for the Americans? I, with my mediocre skills, can force Japanese to withdraw from the mainland by 1942 as CCP. And that with my "lazy" playstyle with a lot of fooling around.
I'm thinking NSB might have made that slighly harder, but I agree I have no issue kicking Japan of the mainland and then forcing white peace. I guess I'm thinking if Japan holds the coast then thats IC that's not going to the KMT making them weaker.

Now, if you want to recreate "historical scenario" than the problem is not Americans, but Soviets. There is no Manchurian offensive (AFAIK), so KMT gets the entire region and those sweet, sweet factories that historically went to CCP.
That is very true, I always thought it was strange that the infiltration of the Manchurian states can be done, but only if Japan hold them. You can even infiltrate and 5 states - Gansu, Shanxi, Suiyuan and Ordos if the controller is the current China leader.

Last edited:
We can only hope that Devs will update old DLCs at some point. UK and USA can't lend-lease equipment via Burma road? CCP focus tree without espionage and building base areas? Whack-a-mole mechanic for civil war setup? C'mon.

Reactions:
We can only hope that Devs will update old DLCs at some point. UK and USA can't lend-lease equipment via Burma road? CCP focus tree without espionage and building base areas? Whack-a-mole mechanic for civil war setup? C'mon.

In spite of my avatar I've never actually played the UK (cba with global idiocy, particularly naval and invasions, most especially including my own, in SP), or China.

Do I understand it right that lend lease (assuming it works at all), only works from supplier to recipient? ie that there's no pass through mechanism? If so the US is going to struggle to get anything to a landlocked China...

1638401337296.png

The map (taken form my current Aug 37 game where I tag switched to have a look) looks reasonable to me. I believe it was shut for a few months in 40 due to Japanese diplomatic pressure. Is there anything in game eg decisions to reflect this?

Of course it then got stomped on "properly" in 42.

It's only fitting to end on this:-

"When you go home, tell them of us and say,
For your tomorrow, we gave our today"

Do I understand it right that lend lease (assuming it works at all), only works from supplier to recipient? ie that there's no pass through mechanism? If so the US is going to struggle to get anything to a landlocked China...
Nope. No airlift, no burma road, nothing. Only sea routes, and they aren't exactly safe.
India (and South Africa) can send equipment because of land connection :)

Nope. No airlift, no burma road, nothing. Only sea routes, and they aren't exactly safe.
India (and South Africa) can send equipment because of land connection :)

Technically not true. As KMT if you complete the focus ‘Mission to the US’ and have Madam Chiang as an advisor then the US get a decision to send guns (as if by magic) bypassing all the logistical dangers.

Also when the US completes the limited intervention or the lend lease act focus they have another decision to support the anti fascist war giving the KMT 3 extra off map MILS. CCP can also benefit as it is on the shared tree.

Well, yes. There are off-map factories, focus Fighter Purchases (that conjures 100 outdated planes from thin air I think) and several other "magical" ways to support China. But when it comes to the actual lend-lease mechanic from TfV, the sea is the only route available to USA and UK.

Fun fact: Germany can send any amount of equipment to China even after 1941 - via Balkans, Turkey, Iran and Afghanistan.

In spite of my avatar I've never actually played the UK (cba with global idiocy, particularly naval and invasions, most especially including my own, in SP), or China.

View attachment 781377

The map (taken form my current Aug 37 game where I tag switched to have a look) looks reasonable to me. I believe it was shut for a few months in 40 due to Japanese diplomatic pressure. Is there anything in game eg decisions to reflect this?

Of course it then got stomped on "properly" in 42.

It's only fitting to end on this:-

"When you go home, tell them of us and say,
For your tomorrow, we gave our today"

That's super unfortunate as, in that screenshot, both the Hanoi Kunming rail route and Lashio to Kunming overland route were super important.

Japan was incredibly successful in 1942 at knocking out most external routes to send supplies to China.

Reactions: