UPDATED Tier List: All 107 Doctrines (Now with Anomaly Doctrines)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah I hear you @Ethorin . Most of the doctrines fit into those two categories. I do think that a few of the doctrines are simply not worth taking. For example, Disincentive Prayer is awful, as it only make its so marauders won't attack you, and therefore you cannot get the free exp off of them.

yeah, but your cities may have a few units on it that can get exp, and i just don't see having them not attack you being worth a doctrine slot. Plus if you have the forgotten NPC faction, they can be used to get fully modded desolate, which are really strong.

If I have any units in my colonies not part of the militia, then I likely just built them while I was setting up a hero's stack to travel around to kill the marauders.

Point being that not everyone plays the same way every time. Some doctrines will be more useful sometimes and they will be useless other times.

Last edited:
yeah, but your cities may have a few units on it that can get exp, and i just don't see having them not attack you being worth a doctrine slot. Plus if you have the forgotten NPC faction, they can be used to get fully modded desolate, which are really strong.
If you turn the doctrine on all of a sudden a bunch of your cities don't actually need ANY militia investment. This can prove quite handy for baiting the AI deep into your territory for forcing fights on your own terms. Similarly, it can help a lot with freeing up stacks to not defend recently founded cities later on when the marauders are running around with stacks of modded T2-3's that can actually take sector militia.

It's definitely one of the ones who's value is heavily dependent on world settings yes.

If you turn the doctrine on all of a sudden a bunch of your cities don't actually need ANY militia investment. This can prove quite handy for baiting the AI deep into your territory for forcing fights on your own terms. Similarly, it can help a lot with freeing up stacks to not defend recently founded cities later on when the marauders are running around with stacks of modded T2-3's that can actually take sector militia.

It's definitely one of the ones who's value is heavily dependent on world settings yes.

Yeah, after writing that post, it did occur to me that if you surround a spawner, then it will create endless stacks there, which can then push out any enemies that push into the surrounding area. So yeah, you convinced me, it can be good.