[UPDATED 12/08/21] Monetizing from Youtube videos containing Paradox Interactive material!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kinda theoretical question but it's quite interesting considering your approach to YouTube monetizing - what if someone would like to monetize AAR posted on this forum? According to the rules, everything we write here is a subject to copyright of Paradox. I wonder whether Paradox would be willing to transfer the copyright back to the writer.
We have answered this one a few times, basically find a publisher and then contact us, I do not think it will be an issue.

We have answered this one a few times, basically find a publisher and then contact us, I do not think it will be an issue.

This. We have nothing against material promoting our games being seen by as many as possible (and if you can make money from it while doing it, good for you :)). The reason for the copyright rule has other purposes than trying to keep ownership/making money directly from people's AAR's.

This. We have nothing against material promoting our games being seen by as many as possible (and if you can make money from it while doing it, good for you :)). The reason for the copyright rule has other purposes than trying to keep ownership/making money directly from people's AAR's.
Just like that? Wow, you guys are really awesome. Paradox approach to things like this is one of the reasons for which I'm buying all your DLCs (yes, even Sunset Invasion - and it's a lot of fun, no matter what anyone says!) :)

Just wanted to say, as someone who enjoys watching gaming reviews on Youtube prior to buying them--This is awesome on the part of Paradox! Too bad more software Co.'s refuse to learn from your example.

Great! I just wanted to make sure that do i have to put the notice on the video description? Or is it only for the claims or what? Oh and is the 2013 still fine or do you have a new 2014 notice somewhere?
Really new to youtubeing and as ive been listening other youtubers about the new youtube copyright claims etc. ive become bit too cautious in makeing eny.
Allways loved your grand-strategy games and ofr a long time wanted to entertain, share my skill and ideas.

Last edited:
I use music from several Paradox games in my EU4 LPs and streams, do we have permission to use all of them?

Falalalan in particular seems to trigger claim after claim after claim, I think I've had upwards of 20 claims on this track alone. I've removed it from my playlist until I can be assured that we even have the right to use the classical music of EU2. I mean, even after submitting a link to this topic and having the claims dropped, the same company launches claims on the same music on the same videos again.

Does this permission extend to Paradox published games such as Fort Zombie?

Last edited:
I use music from several Paradox games in my EU4 LPs and streams, do we have permission to use all of them?

Falalalan in particular seems to trigger claim after claim after claim, I think I've had upwards of 20 claims on this track alone. I've removed it from my playlist until I can be assured that we even have the right to use the classical music of EU2. I mean, even after submitting a link to this topic and having the claims dropped, the same company launches claims on the same music on the same videos again.

Does this permission extend to Paradox published games such as Fort Zombie?

We dont own the rights to eu2 music. It was licensed for the use in that game.

We dont own the rights to eu2 music. It was licensed for the use in that game.

Can you just record a falalalan song pack then(you nearly did for the xmas song after all)? Old fans can buy it and streamers will be able to use your version. That song is a piece of EU history!

I doubt the original composer is going to roll over in their sepulchre and sue...

This is not a thread to request new content. Please submit such requests in appropriate channels, thank you!

And as stated: This permit only applies to content we own. The music from EU2 was licensed and not owned by us so it's not covered by this document. Sorry!

This is amazing :) Does this mean that anyone can monetize videos of Paradox Content without being partnered?

Yes! We would like to add something however. You need to add something yourself. Just uploading our soundtrack straight up is not really okay, as that is just taking our work and trying to earn money from it. But as long as you contribute with something yourself to whatever you upload, feel free to use our stuff in it.

Hey guys!
nice work, but I would like to know if livestreaming this game on sites like twitch is possible too?
I mean technically it is some form of advertising for the game as well.

Go nuts :) The only reason Youtube is specified in here is because they have a tendency to remove videos without a written consent. Never really heard about anyone having those issues on Twitch, but let us know if you do.

Good luck!

CzokletMuss said:
Kinda theoretical question but it's quite interesting considering your approach to YouTube monetizing - what if someone would like to monetize AAR posted on this forum? According to the rules, everything we write here is a subject to copyright of Paradox. I wonder whether Paradox would be willing to transfer the copyright back to the writer.
Sorry for bringing this up again but what about self-publishing? Does your general consent apply to this situation also? Because I've been considering doing it but before I move on to actually writing a book, I would really like to have legal blessing first (preferably on paper). You know how it is. :)