• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This change is made in order to allow you to play longer and continue providing feedback. We are aware of the issue and we are looking into a more permanent solution.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

You are welcome, but honestly, if that is all that the change should do, I have another suggestion: Even though I do not like it, but if we should just be able to play longer for feedback, why don't you just introduce a console for 'admin commands'?

I have tried but failed to make a copy of the merchant that would only give resources for exchange for food as a work around. Still trying to figure it out. That would be the quickest way to fix the resource issues. Trade metal, parts, etc.... for food items.

"We optimized the Savegames writing process to reduce the probability of additional file corruption if errors are present while saving."

All my three save games now got errors:( Diffrent errors one file everything goes really slow and the other two the colonists don't move. I think time not moving acctually.

Would be very useful to get your saves if possible. They are located in: Documents\Paradox Interactive\Surviving the Aftermath\SaveGames

Thank you!

HELLO?.... xbox one player here. Remember us?

I am a bit frustrated on the lack of communication by anyone as to the state of a patch for xbox one. I know that it more complicated and more hoops to jump through. But it would be nice if I could actually play the game I paid money for. As it sits now, it is pretty much unplayable on xbox (even when i disable auto save).

So maybe a bit of communication to us lowly console players would be nice. I am not asking for new stuff or features, just to make what we have playable.

So... nothing interesting in the actual map of your colony, just extra space on the cemetary >.>
Disappointed. Truly. We just got more space for dead people who die during the nuclear fallout, yay.
Do you people read the feedback we send you?

You do realize this is a small, indie dev studio, right? We're three weeks into this and you are upset because we haven't seen major gameplay changes yet.... these people can only work so quickly. I'm sure they are listening to our feedback, but there isn't a magic switch they can flip to implement the changes we're asking for. It's also quite likely that the build we are playing isn't the only build floating around the developers office. No doubt they are working on experimental features or gameplay mechanics that are unfinished and not yet release worthy.

Be patient, dude. Just because our feedback hasn't been implemented yet doesn't mean it hasn't been heard. To the devs: I think i'm just going to start signing every post with this. This is why we need a roadmap. Unless you tell people what you're working on behind the scenes, your product is only going to be taken at face value.

Doesn't even have to be a real car. How about one of the searches turns up a car and gives the scavanger extra distance. Could move 6 but can now move 10. Then you could also add fuel they had to find or back to 6 again.

I would agree that, as much as I'm enjoying it, I'm not very motivated to start a new game until the resources limitation is resolved (appreciate you guys are on it!).

I'm sure you guys have the fix in hand, thanks for all your efforts so far, it's shaping up very nicely.

You do realize this is a small, indie dev studio, right? We're three weeks into this and you are upset because we haven't seen major gameplay changes yet.... these people can only work so quickly. I'm sure they are listening to our feedback, but there isn't a magic switch they can flip to implement the changes we're asking for. It's also quite likely that the build we are playing isn't the only build floating around the developers office. No doubt they are working on experimental features or gameplay mechanics that are unfinished and not yet release worthy.

Be patient, dude. Just because our feedback hasn't been implemented yet doesn't mean it hasn't been heard. To the devs: I think i'm just going to start signing every post with this. This is why we need a roadmap. Unless you tell people what you're working on behind the scenes, your product is only going to be taken at face value.

You're hilarious... then perhaps, they should have waited with the release for a little while longer instead of putting a game on the market thats still so broken.

So you'd rather have no game (because they ran out of money) than an unfinished game that's being steadily improved based on community input?
Yes...? You know people get paid to do professional testing right? Early Access isn't a free ticket to just crowdsource testing for fundamental game mechanics. The basics should be hashed out before releasing it to the public. EA is about game balance and expanding on game features, not paying to be play-testers. Maybe the industry has just successfully duped the market at this point because it's astounding how many folks champion developers who just took their cash to have them playtest barely functioning games.

"being steadily improved based on community input?" Is it though? Like... really? How? Share one example.

Besides that, the lack of a roadmap (as well as the dubious response to requests for one) is highly concerning. I'm not the first to suggest that perhaps this game simply lacks vision, and the devs lack of excitement to tell this community (their customers) what's in store for their awesome new game all but confirms that. I don't think they know where to go from here. And I think most people should see right through the dev's response that "They don't want to talk about their plans because then people might not suggest some cool new idea because they think it won't fit with what they already have planned." Bullspit... have they ever read a forum? That shouldn't even be a concern. I think the real answer is that they don't have a clear vision for what this is supposed to look like when it's done.

I genuinely hope I'm wrong. But this game was DOA in about a week and the devs have been practically silent since then.

Yes...? You know people get paid to do professional testing right? Early Access isn't a free ticket to just crowdsource testing for fundamental game mechanics.
Why not? If people are willing to do it in exchange for early access and a lower price, there's no reason to wait (and possibly go broke). Like, what actual harm is being done by releasing the game early?

Yes...? You know people get paid to do professional testing right? Early Access isn't a free ticket to just crowdsource testing for fundamental game mechanics. The basics should be hashed out before releasing it to the public. EA is about game balance and expanding on game features, not paying to be play-testers. Maybe the industry has just successfully duped the market at this point because it's astounding how many folks champion developers who just took their cash to have them playtest barely functioning games.

"being steadily improved based on community input?" Is it though? Like... really? How? Share one example.

Besides that, the lack of a roadmap (as well as the dubious response to requests for one) is highly concerning. I'm not the first to suggest that perhaps this game simply lacks vision, and the devs lack of excitement to tell this community (their customers) what's in store for their awesome new game all but confirms that. I don't think they know where to go from here. And I think most people should see right through the dev's response that "They don't want to talk about their plans because then people might not suggest some cool new idea because they think it won't fit with what they already have planned." Bullspit... have they ever read a forum? That shouldn't even be a concern. I think the real answer is that they don't have a clear vision for what this is supposed to look like when it's done.

I genuinely hope I'm wrong. But this game was DOA in about a week and the devs have been practically silent since then.

Thank you!

or it could be that the first round of game play has revealed some concerns around resources and scaling production and the Dev's are working out how to address these issues.. Look up a game called ONI (Oxygen Not Included) as it follows this exact development model, that is releases in stages before hitting final release.. I am very happy that Dev's are going down this path, I want to avoid the Anno 1800 experience, a buggy game that is still struggling to achieve a stable game play.

or it could be that the first round of game play has revealed some concerns around resources and scaling production and the Dev's are working out how to address these issues... Look up a game called ONI (Oxygen Not Included) as it follows this exact development model, that is releases in stages before hitting final release.. I am very happy that Dev's are going down this path, I want to avoid the Anno 1800 experience, a buggy game that is still struggling to achieve a stable game play.
I hope your right, I really do, because that's a great example. I'm losing faith that this is that sort of team though... There's been hardly any communication. At this point, the future of the game is stowed away in Dan's Mystery Van. :D

Greetings, Survivors!

We just deployed a new patch for the PC version of Surviving the Aftermath. With this update, your game version should be 5017.

General
  • We implemented fixes for several issues involving Save game errors:
    • Fixed an issue that caused dead Colonists to be incorrectly saved when they are inside a house. This behavior prevented other Colonists from occupying the house, causing errors. This change is retroactive.

• Colonists will no longer try to eat resources carried by another Colonist. This behavior caused them to get stuck.

• We optimized the Savegames writing process to reduce the probability of additional file corruption if errors are present while saving.
  • We implemented a save game loading fallback process. This process resets colonists if unknown errors are present in the save game. This measure should prevent instances of Colonists getting stuck after loading a saved game.

• Fixed an issue that prevented the player’s colony from appearing on the world map. This fix will work retroactively.

• The World Map will no longer get stuck if the player swaps to the colony view while actions are still being played in the World Map.
Gameplay
  • Burial pit capacity increased by 50%

• Increased the amount of Metal Tools, Iodine, and Antibiotics on the World Map.

• The strength of the toughest Bandit Camps has been toned down.
could you make a changelog that shows all changelogs or is that already a thing?, because i would like to see all the changes from start to the current date