• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

General Luigi

Corporal
84 Badges
Apr 22, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Iron Cross
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
I'm curious about a few regions of the Tiers that got little to no attention in-game in one way or another. In particular, there are a few places that the player just flat-out doesn't visit. There's a coastal region between Apex, Haven, Stalwart, and the Contested Lands that has no apparent name, as well as one (possibly two) regions in the northwest: one just across the Oldwall from Haven and one apparently on a higher area near the Bastard Tier. It's my understanding that some content (including a supposed fourth and fifth act) was ultimately cut, so my working hypothesis is that the aforementioned areas were among the cut content, though I would appreciate some official word on the matter. What (if anything) was originally going to be in those regions? I recall some of the in-game lore mentioning Occon and Verdance being among the Younger Realms, so I'm inclined to suspect that the aforementioned blank regions were originally going to be those places. I'm also curious about the Free Cities. Where are they on the map?

I'm not expecting a quick response, let alone from someone who has the pertinent information, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask just in case that information is floating around somewhere and I just haven't found it (or Obsidian never bothered to publicize it). As someone who likes to worldbuild, vague areas on maps are a pet peeve of mine, and since I've been toying with a sort of "extended epilogue" for my personal use (think fan fiction, not mod), I'd like to know as much as I can about the regions my character rules over.

The Free Cities are situated along the coast of Haven. The empty stretch of land between Stalwart and Haven is strongly suspected to have been the cut fifth, tropical jungle region (see the artbook that ships with the GOG version of the game).

The Free Cities are situated along the coast of Haven. The empty stretch of land between Stalwart and Haven is strongly suspected to have been the cut fifth, tropical jungle region (see the artbook that ships with the GOG version of the game).
Or the Epic Store version which by the way was free at one moment in time.