Unofficial Patch for Stellaris 3.1 - Fixing hundreds of bugs in vanilla Stellaris

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since quite a while at every start of the launcher there is a certain recognition lag but then the Mod gets accepted as valid.
No idea what causes the lag. Is there any part in the mod which needs (or causes) a necessary partly download and install every time? It's only a partly download and install but it happens every time.

Just wanted to mention: no more load-lag, everything works splendid.

Pretend it's May 12th

No 'new' fixes, just merging in Paradox's changes.

Fixes Incorporated into 2.7.1 by Paradox

• League of Non-Aligned Powers ends rivalries on joining. This is probably the first of these I am responsible for, so woot.
  • Habitats no longer clobber nanites or other important resources. Risa fixed this originally, so it feels fair to call it out even if I didn't include it.
  • A first contact fix for the tasty aliens was incorporated. I'm leaving mine in as it progresses more logically.
  • AI no longer blocked from Amoeba contact (though the rest of them still are by default).
  • Assimilation fixes, including some places I missed.
  • Proper rival check in war_in_heaven.16
  • Because Xenocompatibility is now a game setting I can remove the AI block.
  • Xenophobic FE servants now have a home planet class.

Fixes that may no longer be necessary?

• Reverse relation flag check for the enlightenment observation events. Will evaluate when time permits.

Fixes no longer functioning

• My armageddon/pox bombardment fix got broken in a rather spectacular fashion in 2.6. There is another fix for it up on the workshop, but it is IMO slightly cheaty. I'll see what can be done about a better fix, but this involves a core game function being broken, it has gotten a lot more serious.
  • Nomads blocked for megacorp owners again. Need to test this more.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If someone clicks on Energy Credits, then it's likely because they want to sell some other Resource because they need more ECs, so it might make more sense for the click to take them to the general Market window, if that's possible.

Hello there, first I must say You are doing great work. Second is that I apologize if there is a procedure for informing about in-game bugs and I violated it by writing here. I am searching for the fix for Unbidden bugs and irritating stuff :
1) seeing their portal as hostile (I loaded Your patch and then loaded an ongoing game, unfortunately Unbidden still see their portal as hostile, so at least for me the patch does not work for an ongoing game)
2) jumping back and forth and overall doing nothing (a known problem as far as I was reading here on the forum - this was also the case in the Prethoryn crisis game I played a few weeks ago)
3) being stuck in perpetual jump mode (after they channel a jump it seems to "never end", the animation ends however they never make the jump to the other system, the fleet which is making this jump is seen as having "no orders" and their brightness is extremely high). I can attach a screenshot of this if problem is not yet known.

Again many thanks for Your work and apologies if I missed any rules or violated any procedure.

If someone clicks on Energy Credits, then it's likely because they want to sell some other Resource because they need more ECs, so it might make more sense for the click to take them to the general Market window, if that's possible.

While true, that's why the bug exists. I'll revert it when Paradox has a proper fix.

Hello there, first I must say You are doing great work. Second is that I apologize if there is a procedure for informing about in-game bugs and I violated it by writing here. I am searching for the fix for Unbidden bugs and irritating stuff :
1) seeing their portal as hostile (I loaded Your patch and then loaded an ongoing game, unfortunately Unbidden still see their portal as hostile, so at least for me the patch does not work for an ongoing game)
2) jumping back and forth and overall doing nothing (a known problem as far as I was reading here on the forum - this was also the case in the Prethoryn crisis game I played a few weeks ago)
3) being stuck in perpetual jump mode (after they channel a jump it seems to "never end", the animation ends however they never make the jump to the other system, the fleet which is making this jump is seen as having "no orders" and their brightness is extremely high). I can attach a screenshot of this if problem is not yet known.

Again many thanks for Your work and apologies if I missed any rules or violated any procedure.

It's possible to fix #1 for ongoing games, I just haven't done it yet.

As for 2 & 3, there's not much I can do about Paradox's AI, usually. We're given very limited tools to interact with the game, at least pre-Imperator.

Great work! Fast updates are really appreciated too.
One thing I’ve noticed though, is that terraforming candidate generation event works very inconsistently. I’ve tested it multiply times on 1000 stars galaxy: it can generate two, three, fifteen, hundred planets with this modifier. Or none. In fact, most of the times it generated none. I’m not sure about what is the problem here, definitely not the chances of adding the modifier in random list: even with 80/20 it sometimes generates zero terraformable planets.

it was explain once that once you've found every anomalies of the game in a galaxy, you can only find terraforming candidate if I remember correctly (dev force anomaly to appear only once per game after distant stars or somewhere at that time)

Great work! Fast updates are really appreciated too.
One thing I’ve noticed though, is that terraforming candidate generation event works very inconsistently. I’ve tested it multiply times on 1000 stars galaxy: it can generate two, three, fifteen, hundred planets with this modifier. Or none. In fact, most of the times it generated none. I’m not sure about what is the problem here, definitely not the chances of adding the modifier in random list: even with 80/20 it sometimes generates zero terraformable planets.

The horrifying thing about stuff like this breaking is wondering just what else is. Are L-Cluster events working?

Great mod - but there's one particular bug that's been annoying me for ages that makes playing democracies and oligarchies very frustrating.

Could you please add a fix for initial leaders disappearing after losing a democratic/oligarchic election? Paradox has left this bug in for years and years. There's very little written about it for how long it's been around, but I've heard (totally unconfirmed) that it's because the initial leader isn't set as belonging to any leader category and so just gets deleted when they lose an election. Setting them to be a governor might fix it?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Released a couple days ago (have been preoccupied lately) .

All this fixes is incorporating the DLC check for slave trade resolutions (only relevant difference from the 2.7.2 patch), and adds colony type support for the third bureaucratic building. Also removed the 'fix' for energy trading as it's no longer needed.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Last edited:
Reactions:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: