Unofficial Patch for Stellaris 3.1 - Fixing hundreds of bugs in vanilla Stellaris

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is a bug report that starbases do not have enough power. Pre Federations starbases had a flat 10000 power. As part of Federations Paradox created the juggernaut and combined it with the starbases and at the same time set the starbase power levels down to that of a titan. Attached is a link for my suggested fix to put the starbases back to 10000 and separate the juggernaut out. Tried posting this on steam and it will not let you post a link or a part of a link.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ce2826a8s4euhjk/StationPowerFix.zip/file

Thanks @17blue17 - incorporated into next release.

Is this compatible with Glavius AI ?

Load his after mine. @Glavius added some scripted effects to the scripted effects file, rather than putting them in their own file for some reason, so loading his first will cause issues.

Either way you'll be losing functionality. I'm working on incorporating his fixes where it makes sense to.

2.6.2.1 Release:

• Forwarded some Glavius logic to make it safe to load this patch after his.
  • Prevent subspecies from crossbreeding with each other. (Glavius)
  • Logic to restrict AI from building too many precinct houses or sentinel posts. (Glavius)
  • Switched to Glavius' logic for Silos. (Glavius)
  • Use Glavius' logic for hydroponics farms and organic sanctuaries. (Glavius)
  • AI logic for nutrition policy. (Glavius)
  • Allow egalitarian/xenophile AI to use population controls. (Glavius)
  • Non-pacifist AI will at least set indiscriminant bombardment policy. (Glavius)
  • Force the AI to pick a proper bombardment stance. (Glavius)
  • Made a number of fixes more robust against getting overridden.
  • Fleshed out and updated the logic for the Pioneer and Voyager anomalies.
  • Made a game start event to populate the galaxy with some terraforming candidates. Unfortunately colonizable_planet_odds can't be retrieved, but the number should compensate for turning max_once on for the terraforming candidate anomaly (and more evently spread it through the galaxy).
  • Pop starting ethics will more closely match empire starting ethics, about ~80% for non-purifiers. Purifiers are made of pure hate and do not tolerate such divergence.
  • RoverStorm's quest to please the Totalitarian faction continues. (Added better check for presapients)
  • Put a 2-year grace period in for regular empire unemployment. Should take care of pops starting out unemployed in some situations.
  • Split off Juggernaut power supply from other starbases so they could power their stuff. (Credit to 17blue17 for the fix)
  • Give Ketlings and Prikki flavor origins, block them from copying tech of countries with enigmatic engineering, make them actually try to copy the tech of a neighbor, and give their planets a level 1 admin building.
  • Make sure Ketling Star Pack gets their mining stations like they are meant to.
  • Allow droids to take colonist jobs. (RoverStorm)
  • Reverted trade leagues getting 1 EC per trade, as the localization suggests getting .5 is intentional. It's still a pretty good deal.
  • Track ion cannons as ships, accordingly.
  • Reverted an economic category change intended to help the AI. Defense stations should properly reflect cost changes.
  • Fleshed out economic categories a fair bit further still.
  • Related, I've begun adding test modifiers to test economic categories and see how it actually functions. Also helps clear out the error log. There is a fair bit to be done in this regard.
  • Fix Gray Goo galactic focus not resolving. (Firegolem - A Deadly Tempest mod)
  • Related, beginning a framework for resolving issues with ongoing saves. The fix event for the Gray Goo resolution happens on yearly pulse.
  • Increased SYSTEM_BOTTLENECK_RADIUS from 2 to 3. Trying to work out some things for the AI.

Another day another batch of bugs.

• Allow Rogue Servitors to clean up (purge) broken machines, also.
  • Started going through and fixing AI weights so they won't support resolutions that will put them in breach. This is mainly the science chain.
  • Khan starts with 5 constructors. Give them communications with all ai countries (hopefully resolve some oddities)
  • Fix of fix: Allow the player to build multiple sentinel posts (woops).
  • Logic for the LNAP to take proper sides on the senate floor in the War in Heaven.
  • Sped up faction and ethics checking a fair bit. I don't think it's working properly still, but it should help a bit.
  • Corrected an issue where extradimensionals could be hostile to their own portal and get stuck trying to attack it.
  • Prevent extradimensional reinforcements from appearing at the wrong portal (seriously...)
  • Make sure extradimensionals still receive construction ships if they get sniped.
  • Major TODO: Need to write some code to automate building crisis starbases. The Aberrent and Vehement in particular don't use their constructors at all.

Regarding faction and ethics change, I remember a while back (maybe even a year or so ago) I saw some mod that actually fixed the ethics shift, however in doing so it *severely* lagged the game with constant checks. Have you tested the impact of this speed up?

For this update I've started going over Starnet's changes and bringing over sensible fixes or adjustments. Some other minor fixes.

• Set crisis constructor fleet stances to evasive.
  • Give the Prethoryn and Contingency 8 constructors.
  • Servants more likely to take entertainer jobs (I just took Starnet's values)
  • Hard-blocked the AI from taking some decisions it should have 0 weight in. (Starnet)
  • Made Imperious Architecture apply to habitat, thrall, and resort capitals. I'm not sure if it's intentional but I doubt e.g. Void Dwellers getting nothing from the tradition (if playing as intended) is as intended.
  • Fix species modification window so it will show more traits at once.
  • Require admiral to be of primary species for Syzygy event.
  • Add memorex to capital scope rather than potentially exploded or conquered home planet.
  • Fix of fix. Removed gateway restrictions, other than for Tiyanki/Amoeba. People who liked those restrictions can stick with my bypass adjustment mod.
  • Fix of fix. Corrected juggernaut entry for economic_categories.
  • Fixed scope bug for machine uprising event, allowing players to switch to the rebellion.

In common/anomalies/95_anomaly_categories_distant_stars.txt, for DISTAR_MOLTEN_CAT, DISTAR_MERCURY_CAT and DISTAR_WARFORM_CAT anomalies there are quotation marks around planet classes, for example is_planet_class = "pc_molten"
Shouldn't it just be is_planet_class = pc_molten?

In common/anomalies/95_anomaly_categories_distant_stars.txt, for DISTAR_MOLTEN_CAT, DISTAR_MERCURY_CAT and DISTAR_WARFORM_CAT anomalies there are quotation marks around planet classes, for example is_planet_class = "pc_molten"
Shouldn't it just be is_planet_class = pc_molten?

It's harmless. Maybe a code style issue but that's not my business.

Pushed this fix due to a crash fix

• Corrected a bug in the Science Nexus chain to prevent it from trying to fire in a situation where it can't properly complete.
  • Don't allow denouncing of someone who is currently being denounced. (Credit to Mengsk on Steam)
  • Erudite no longer incompatible with enigmatic intelligence ('Uplifted'). I debated over this one for awhile, but the block isn't on Erudite while the poor version is on 'intelligent', and telling someone they can't use a key feature of an ascension perk because they followed an event chain doesn't strike me as a design goal.
  • Don't let the AI put itself into breach to keep pops in basic subsistence.
  • Fix of fix: Don't re-add psionic to Chosen One.
  • Actual fix for ringworld observation event crash. Tooltip UI does not like trying to display a thousand pops at once.

At the paradox mod site, the title still says:
!Ariphaos Unofficial Patch (2.5)
https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/mods/3722/Any

An oversight, I guess, since the given version number is the correct 2.6.2.
But since the title or name is also shown within the launcher, this might mislead many users to the thought that the mod is not updated.

At the paradox mod site, the title still says:
!Ariphaos Unofficial Patch (2.5)
https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/mods/3722/Any

An oversight, I guess, since the given version number is the correct 2.6.2.
But since the title or name is also shown within the launcher, this might mislead many users to the thought that the mod is not updated.

Apparently when I rebuilt my mod list it regenerated a new ID. Let me see if I can fix it.

Alright, Paradox Mods version is correct. It won't let me change the name, however.

Thanks.
Well, a small notice at the top of the descripton that it is indeed for 2.6.2 might help those who overlook the small version number to the top right.