• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lost my notes so everything is from what i can remember or what i can gather from my screenies. Sorry bout being gone so long, no excuse really :(

The war with the United States presented the LC with a major obstacle and a major opportunity. A victory would cement the LC as the dominant figure in North American politics and trade, however a defeat could lead to a nationalist revolution and the disintegration of the LC empire.

To win the war the LC developed two plans named simply Plan North and Plan South. Both plans would begin with the conquest of American Canada and the transfer of the 300,000+ troops to one of two fronts.

Plan North called for those troops along with the 84,000 Armored Army to be sent against the industrialized North pinning the major armies of the USA against the Great Lakes to be destroyed at a later date while the main army pushed for the coal and iron of Pennsylvannia and West Virginia and possibly even the East Coast.

Plan South was to push into the rural south where the defenses were lighter and the populace was slightly more sympathetic (although none forgot the post American Civil War massacres).

planNpanS.jpg

January 17th, 1915 the last of the American resistence in Canada had been cleared out and 330,000 men under General Bellamont prepared for the long trip back to the Mississippi where they would take part in Plan North. Early spring however as the soldiers were moving east the Tank Army launched a massive attack on Chicago. Chicago was the door that the LC wanted to slam shut and close in a number of enemy divisions however the Americans were prepared and even hopeful that the LC would try to attack.

The American soldiers prepared defenses many miles back and initially allowed them to drive towards Chicago. Suddenly the several days into the battle the major bridges that would allow the tanks to retreat were destroyed and thus the Battle for Chicago became a winner take all battle. The LC drove into the city but the slow moving tank and the street to street fighting destroyed the vast number of tanks that were assembled allowing the Americans to swing around behind and destroy the entire 84,000 Army almost to the man.

tank.gif

The LC Tanks and soon infantry became trapped in a desperate battle for Chicago.

The shock of losing the 1st Armored Army completely changed the Louisianan view on the war and the troops were shifted south for an invasion into Mississippi and Florida.

In early August the LC began a massive artillery campaign that would last for over a week before the stockpiles ran out and the infantry were to advance.

WWI_Artillery.jpg

LC artillery in action from 'The safe side' of the Mississippi

With the artillery finally used up the LC sent 540,000 men into Mississippi and towards Alabama.

ScreenSave8.jpg

The frontlines August 20th, 1915

The LC celebrated their success but the war torn landscape made supply difficult and they waited for the duration of fall and winter repairing their supply lines and building up for a spring offensive. The US also prepared by shifting their forces south, some 280,000 of them.

trench-warfare.jpg

LC soldiers resting after weeks of endless combat

Spring finally came in 1916 and with it a new offensive, the LC had maintained control of the oceans since the earliest days of the war (largely due to the US' lack of a modern navy and with the help of the UK). The LC landed 80,000 men from Panama into Florida and began a march up the penninsula with the aim of linking up with their comrades who were launching an offensives deeper into Alabama.

USTroopscrossMoselintoGE1918.jpg

LC soldiers fresh from their duties in Panama, marching through Florida.

With the landing in Florda and the recent capture of Mobile it became brutally obvious what was happening and the US sought to put a stop to it. General Wise sent his force of 290,000 men from Montgomery, AL and Georgia to capture mobile and cut the troops in Florida from those in Mississippi. April 12th, 1916 the battle began and those 290,000 Americans swarmed towards the 80,000 LC soldiers. For two weeks the battle raged as position after position was lost to the Americans but for a ghastly price in human life. Just short of the city 90,000 reinforcements arrived and quickly pushed back the Americans inflicting large numbers of casualties.

britishmggas.jpg

"It was a magnificent display of trained and disciplined valour, and its assault only failed of success because dead men can advance no further."

By the 26th April, 1916 the Armericans were falling back and left 140,000 of their dead behind as the LC advanced to bury also 25,000 of their own dead. For those who survived the battle would survive the war as an armistice was signed on April 27th, 1916 and a peace treaty surrendering the American position in Canada to the LC.

pre-peace.jpg

The front lines at the time of the armistice.

peace.jpg

The peace finally secured after the bloodiest conflict to ever come to North America.

Again sorry for being so long between updates, this is the last big update as things kinda wind down from hear and so the next one or two will probably be the last as it talks about the post-war world.

Mr. Capiatlist said:
Wow.... did the map change at all after that, or did you just cut your losses with a white peace?

That was a good final update if I do say so myself....

The map did change Alberta (if i remember my Canadian provinces) between Washington and Alaska was originally USA but ended LC. I could'n't really find anything to take and still make the map look nice and neat.

Plus i still have one (maybe two) more update(s) wrapping up the last year. Appreciate support after so long. :D

I could have continued to fight but the USA was really starting to mobilize. So i decided to end it whiile it could.

When i started the war the border on the Mississippi the USA had maybe 2-4 divisions. Post war they had 20 divisions per province, something i could never hope to match.

Seidita said:
The map did change Alberta (if i remember my Canadian provinces) between Washington and Alaska was originally USA but ended LC. I could'n't really find anything to take and still make the map look nice and neat.

Plus i still have one (maybe two) more update(s) wrapping up the last year. Appreciate support after so long. :D
I think you mean British Columbia, because Alberta is part of Canada on your maps. :p

The end of the Louisianan-American War brought about a time of exconomic prosperity in the LC elevating them to the position of the #2 economic power second only to the British Empire. The war also left the LC with a battle tested professional army which saw action in a brief war with Spain over Cuba, Puerto Rico, Hispanola, and Angola. Spain didn't fare well against the LC and the "pleasant war" soon came to a victorious end. The last military action of the decade was the 1919 seizure of the southern half of the Korea penninsula to deny the Russians a base to invade Japan.

For the US the end of the war meant a time of rebuilding, both the army and the economy. The elections were called early when the people demanded new leadership and a communist regime rose to power. Soon industry was nationalized and reorganized for maximum efficiency, Within five years of the defeat the USA was the supreme economic power in all the world. Their military too was rebuilt and modernized and the expansion of US interests into Germany led them into a war with France and Russia. The war would span from East Prussia to Poland to Brest in France to West Africa and leave tens of thousands dead and even more Germans starved during the blockades. The war ended in stalemate, but it reaffirmed the US's position in the global community.

The UK invaded China in 1917 to protest a British merchant ship being seized which was smuggling weapons into Shanghai. The Chinese defenses were quickly overran and the country was occupied. However the British soon found themselves engaged in a massive guerrilla campaign with the Chinese populace which lasted until until the early 30's. The British forces were depleted from years of war and were overwhelmed and forced to withdraw from the Middle Kingdom.

For the LC the past 108 years had meant the change from colony to backwards agrarian nation to a military, industrial, and diplomatic giant able to be ranked with the greatest nations on Earth. For the Louisiana Confederacy the future looked to be full of danger and promise; opportunity and tragedy; war and peace...

endgame.jpg

I think thats about done... thank you for reading :cool:

Last edited:
Well done.

Congrats on finishing up, Seidita. It's amazing that even with the LC owning much of what is normally the US, they still beat you on victory points. Oh well. The LC will be a major power in the 20th century. Excellent work!!

correntino: Originally there were some plans for a transfer to HOI (especially since a good balance of power had been maintained), but due to a lack of

a. modding skills
b. patience to develop such a large scenerio with my terrible skills

Mr. Capiatlist: THank you, you're not doing to bad yourself with the AARs. My next AAR i'm not even sure, I have ideas buzzing around my head but I want to be sure I'll finish it.

Jack_the_Commie/Evans/stnylan: Thank you! :)

coz1: THank you, the US did beat me in VP and for good reason, from 1836 all the way until the end i was scared to death of them. Even after *winning* the war against them they recovered remarkably quick and might have given me a run for my money (and land) had the game given time for the peace treaty to expire and another war to play out.

Sorry to reach so far back into the archives and bump and old thread. I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for writing such a great story about Louisiana. I live there, so I've been skimming through all of the Louisiana stories. This was definitely deserving of a Victorian Cross. :cool: