• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just for clarity, and in case you may not have understood the request, people are asking for screenshots/maps using the Political mapmode:
polmap.png

I've made the same mistake before...hey it happens. :)

Looking forward to the Mexico AAR! (I did vote for Mexico afterall). I'll look forward to seeing what you can do with them.

Well, maybe I´ve missed the point... I see now - so you want more world-wide screens? Ok, I´ll see what I can do;)

The point is, that when you refer to other countries, for example "germany invaded poland" or "I sent my troops to attack X-province" it is much easier if you show us the screenshot with the political mapmode (as rob just pointed out). The reason is that we want to see how much has been conquered, if troops are near borders, various other things that are obvious with that mapmode and very subtle or not shown in the other mapmode. This AAR is afterall, about providing a reading service to your viewers.

Just for clarity, and in case you may not have understood the request, people are asking for screenshots/maps using the Political mapmode:
polmap.png

I've made the same mistake before...hey it happens. :)

Looking forward to the Mexico AAR! (I did vote for Mexico afterall). I'll look forward to seeing what you can do with them.

The point is, that when you refer to other countries, for example "germany invaded poland" or "I sent my troops to attack X-province" it is much easier if you show us the screenshot with the political mapmode (as rob just pointed out). The reason is that we want to see how much has been conquered, if troops are near borders, various other things that are obvious with that mapmode and very subtle or not shown in the other mapmode. This AAR is afterall, about providing a reading service to your viewers.

Guys, I know what a political mapmode is, I just don´t feel like I need to post it right now... :p

Guys, I know what a political mapmode is, I just don´t feel like I need to post it right now... :p

Rightio, it is your AAR after-all. We were just letting you know that a few people are asking for it and when you refer to a screenshot that doesn't show any information it can be hard to follow your writing at times.

Still, good luck with your own style.

Oh,i saw it just now in last screenshot,checked again :p
Good luck!

I´ve decided to be honest now:

I´m not quite sure if Mexico was the best choice for me, maybe it has to do something with my limited time to play now, but that´s another story... I guess I just find it too much of a preparation for war (there were only small-scale wars in the Americas; in the time of WWII, like Ecuadorian-Peruvian war, but there were more claims between SA and CA countries), and I find this as the biggest problem of my "disinclination" of playing Mexico...

What am I asking for is that you give me your forgiveness, and I´ll start a new campaign as Finland (newest HPP)... I´m not saying that I´m not returning to back to Mexico back at some point (note that I´ve never been to Americas in HoI; only when I launched an offesive on the US as Axis Finland back in the n00b days :D), but right now I want some more action...

I hope I won´t loose you, my AAR readers, altough you´ve a pretty good reason to do so :sad:

I´ve decided to be honest now:

I´m not quite sure if Mexico was the best choice for me, maybe it has to do something with my limited time to play now, but that´s another story... I guess I just find it too much of a preparation for war (there were only small-scale wars in the Americas; in the time of WWII, like Ecuadorian-Peruvian war, but there were more claims between SA and CA countries), and I find this as the biggest problem of my "disinclination" of playing Mexico...

What am I asking for is that you give me your forgiveness, and I´ll start a new campaign as Finland (newest HPP)... I´m not saying that I´m not returning to back to Mexico back at some point (note that I´ve never been to Americas in HoI; only when I launched an offesive on the US as Axis Finland back in the n00b days :D), but right now I want some more action...

I hope I won´t loose you, my AAR readers, altough you´ve a pretty good reason to do so :sad:

well, at least we can give you points for being honest. that's worth something, at least.

well, at least we can give you points for being honest. that's worth something, at least.

AFAIK, I should get a new computer soon enough, everything is ready for it, and that will extend my game-time greatly... Now I´m playing MoW, WoT and HoI; on week-days I´ve like 3 hours/day (on compatible computer; note that I´m spending so much time on forums, because I can´t do anything else on 2006 netbook) for all of them, and sometimes I become absorbed by one game (mostly WoT), that I won´t get to do anything on the others...

HoI is consuming a lot of time; have a look at my Greek AAR, (I had a 3 day vacation during it) and I spent like 4 hours per day for 20 days, and sometimes you need to get that WWII feeling, which I get from WoT and HoI (you wouldn´t even know that HoI is a WWII grand RTS; only the year and events are telling you this)...

Part of me wants to encourage you to share your Mexico experience despite it being a "failure", but in the end I understand the feeling of losing interest. It's even harder then to put your heart into an AAR if you're not truly enjoying yourself. It happens. But it might be worth mentioning that an AAR can still be very entertaining if the country you're playing doesn't necessarily win. You've got me curious enough to give Mexico a go myself sometime. But, I suspect I'll end up where you are now...disheartened. But hey I'd probably end up disheartened playing Greece and you sure didn't. I'll look forward to you take a different crack with Finland.

Last edited:
Part of me wants to encourage to share your Mexico experience despite if being a "failure", but in the end I understand the feeling of losing interest. It's even harder then to put your heart into an AAR if you're not truly enjoying yourself. It happens. But it might be worth mentioning that an AAR can still be very entertaining if the country you're playing doesn't necessarily win. You've got me curious enough to give Mexico a go myself sometime. But, I suspect I'll end up where you are now...disheartened. But hey I'd probably end up disheartened playing Greece and you sure didn't. I'll look forward to you take a different crack with Finland.

Thanks for understanding! :)

I think Mexican AAR would be very long; in the end I just want to hold off the US and go south through the bunch of CA states... The Increase Threat mission was nearly doing nothing (ok, Nicaragua isn´t the most threatening country in the world, but I´d needed a ton of LP to raise American or British one), and I´m just not sitting on my AAR, hoping that my neutrality drops enough to join the Axis or the threat is so high I can DW someone...

Greece is pushed into the conflict, and I think I need to have some "bumpers"... Mexico takes a long time to get it into the war with the whole American continent :D

Update?