• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
October 1957 Part I

Austria Surrenders!

On the 2nd October Austria surrendered.This was good news for the Japanese as it meant forces could be diverted quickly to meet the French who had started pushing east.

6onadx.jpg

Japanese forces collide with the French

In early October several Imperial Army divisions came face to face with the French.For the time being the job was to hold the French back while the rest of the Japanese army caught up.

bees5c.jpg

The Battle of Paderborn

xpaal1.jpg

Large British force surprises the Japanese in Osnabruck

2iqxsn9.jpg

Western Front:7th October

v8oe4j.jpg

Japanese reconnaissance reports enemy troop movements in the south

As Japanese forces were moving west from Austria,advanced patrol groups reported that troops from the Italian Social Republic,led by the British,were pushing north through the Alpine passes towards southern Germany.Japanese mountain divisions were ordered to block any incursion that could threaten the movement of troops heading towards France.

i2t3jb.jpg

French forces push back the Japanese

The size of the remaining French army clearly took the Japanese by surprise.With a strong and capable force that included numerous armored,mechanized and motorized divisions,the Japanese were pushed back from several provinces including Pforzheim,Tubingen,Stuttgart,Reutlingen and Karlsruhe.

deupu8.jpg

oiugyu.jpg

2ivzk1j.jpg

2ugm993.jpg

2q2ohgn.jpg

90,000 Italians and British push into southern Germany

By mid October, Japanese mountain troops had engaged Italian SR and British troops that had advanced north through the Alps into the province of Pfunds.They didn't expect though,and weren't told,that they would be fighting a force of almost 90,000 men.

w0e89.jpg

Two airborne divisions deploy to Munich

vfjta9.jpg

Looks like you finally found some opposition :)

Time to call in the troops from the east (if they are still there).

Why do you have that much surplus/unused IC?

October 1957 Part II

The Battle of Osnabruck

Holland now seemed vulnerable after the British were defeated following days of heavy fighting at Osnabruck.

s10x7d.jpg

Pro-Democracy Germans join in the defence of Western Europe

The situation in southern Germany wasn't helped by a German uprising in Aichach.

sli6hi.jpg

Western Front:18th October

Despite the French breakthrough and the uprising north of Munich,the overall situation was looking marginally better for the Japanese by mid-October.In the north the Japanese advance into the Netherlands now seemed inevitable while further south enough forces were arriving that at least the French could be held back.Likewise,the Italian SR and British force was contained,though far from beaten.

2zfu9ex.jpg

The Battle of Bielefeld

fllybm.jpg

Japanese forced to retreat from Siegen

al5hl0.jpg

Samba Surprise

Just when Tojo had thought he had seen all of the surprises that the defenders of Western Europe had to offer,the 7th Paratroop Division that had been chasing what initially seemed to be a small Brazilian force across Denmark,suddenly found itself under attack from 90,000 Brazilians in Odense.

4ugppt.jpg

Japanese intelligence reports another large Brazilian force in Sonderborg

With 7th Para fending off the attack in Odense,reports came in that a previously unknown Brazilian force had arrived Sonderborg.The Japanese paratroopers faced being cut off.

***NOTE***
I don't where this 'ghost' force came from.As you can see in the pic,Sonderborg is still Japanese territory despite the presence of the Brazilians.

jt2p1z.jpg

Tojo orders airborne drop behind the French lines

With the situation in the south still shaky,and strong French attacks continuing,Tojo ordered several paratroop divisions to drop deep behind the French lines in order to try and prevent fresh French forces from joining the front.

258yvkn.jpg

28vvj8l.jpg

Paratroopers come under immediate attack in Villingen

54i2q9.jpg

The Battle of Augsburg

Towards the end of October the balance in the fight against the French was slowly tipping more and more into Japan's favour.Despite the casualties,the Japanese secured an important victory when they pushed back the French from Augsburg.

sq4ls8.jpg

The Defence of Marktoberdorf

29djskz.jpg

Four more airborne divisions dropped behind the French front line

dwdi00.jpg

Grim situation for 7th Para

ou37lx.jpg

October 1957 Part III

The Battle of Recklinghausen

i3c5rs.jpg

The Battle of Pfunds

Upon hearing that Japan had just lost 12,000 men in its failed attempt to push back the Italians and British from Pfunds,Tojo demanded that the attack be started again."Push them back through the mountains,"he commanded."I don't care how many men it takes.They are the Emperor's lives."

2ynhy5k.jpg

Paratroopers working hard to prevent French reinforcements reaching the front line

16icgma.jpg

The woes of 7th Para continue

In Odense,7th Para now found itself under attack from 90,000 Brazilians in the east and 80,000 in the west.Tojo ordered 22nd Para to attack the Brazilians in Faaborg so as to "rescue the great warriors fighting bravely in Odense".Clearly,it was deliriously optimistic.

2i94c21.jpg

Japanese forces defend Mainz

2s9ywip.jpg

Heavy fighting breaks out again in Pfunds

wu0z7q.jpg

The Battle of Kempten

141rr6d.jpg

The Battle of Aichach

zkke4n.jpg

Japan victorious in the Netherlands!

qphrpl.jpg

The Battle of Siegen

14lqbdx.jpg

22nd Para halts attack on Faaborg

55pftf.jpg

The Battle of Ingolstadt

2nbgdxe.jpg

Five airborne divisions deployed to Innsbruck

30mwxte.jpg

The Battle of Bad Mergentheim

2uttbfn.jpg

Western Front:31st October

2eghamc.jpg

Doesn't look that bad now, though its a pretty meatgrinder there in Europe. :)

(You should really get rid of Czechoslovakia, Tojo deserves to rule all of Europe (except Germany of course ;))

Sieg at Siegen.
It's the traditional way through Ardennes to Paris? :p

I think busting through the archaic Maginot line to Paris would be more Tojo :cool:

Doesn't look that bad now, though its a pretty meatgrinder there in Europe. :)

(You should really get rid of Czechoslovakia, Tojo deserves to rule all of Europe (except Germany of course ;))

Absolutely.Every nation is on a list.Some are just higher up than others...

I'll second that. If not for political reasons, do it for aestetic reasons, the emperor will demand a clean map :D

November 1957 Part I

Japanese 7th Paratroop division destroyed in Odense

16ih5w7.jpg

The Battle of Villingen

The Japanese airborne divisions that had landed in Villingen had heroically defended against the French attacking from the west.Despite suffering high casualties,the paratroopers inflicted very heavy losses on the French.

2mf1aut.jpg

Japanese paratroopers join the battle for Pfunds

aenomo.jpg

The Battle of Ehingen

10p0fm1.jpg

The Battle of Friedrichshafen

10nas1f.jpg

Western Front:7th November

x3fg9e.jpg

The Battle of Karlsruhe

4hu21.jpg

The Battle of Trier

qqanns.jpg

The 7th Para must be avenged! Of all the countries to do it was Brazil! They invaded the SU and survived only to be destroyed my a group of militia.

Into Augusta Treverorum, the city of Emperors.
Paris is very close if you just advance fast enough in Belgium.

Indeed.The troops are in need of some Parisian relaxation.Forces were having to be deployed towards the Luxembourg area though because many of the Japanese divisions were very low on org and strength,so Belgium advance was looking unlikely.

The 7th Para must be avenged! Of all the countries to do it was Brazil! They invaded the SU and survived only to be destroyed my a group of militia.

Tojo has already commissioned a monument to be built in honor of 7th Para that shall be placed atop of either Sugarloaf or Corcovado mountain in Rio(if anyone has great artistic computer skills and is very bored a pic of this would be greatly appreciated :))

What about Luxembourg? Are they neutral?
They are allies member.

November 1957 Part II

Towards the end of November the small French pocket had been closed and Japanese forces had broken through in the south.

2ugdv1l.jpg

The Battle of Leuven

293ekgw.jpg

Japanese forces continued to advance in the south while remaining French troops were pinned down on the Maginot Line.

o5c1nb.jpg

The Battle of Schirmeck

hrdbac.jpg

Fighting continues in Pfunds

246ksqw.jpg

Imperial Army fails to capture Brussels

Japanese armored divisions,without infantry support,failed in their attempt to capture Brussels.

11k9nyh.jpg

Low supplies hamper the mopping mop

2rca9va.jpg

USA attacks Hollandia,Guinea

9gh9w8.jpg