• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mozer, I dare to doubt that anybody would have thought that rather long article was from Ian. I would also assume that most people who play this game are somewhat familiar with WWII and it's oddities ;)

Hilsen,
Baltasar

Jeepers creepers,is this debate still raging??

Uh huh? It's taken from Wikipedia, not somebody elses AAR. The parallell is flawed and moot. Give it a rest.

What's the difference between stealing from an AAR or Wikipedia? Can't see it...

Mozer,E Junger above used the verb 'taken'.Please don't change it to 'stealing' .

Mozer, I dare to doubt that anybody would have thought that rather long article was from Ian. I would also assume that most people who play this game are somewhat familiar with WWII and it's oddities ;)

Hilsen,
Baltasar

Don't listen to Mozer Ian. He's not worth it. You know we all enjoyed your aar, don't let this guy interfere with that.:)

What's the difference between stealing from an AAR or Wikipedia? Can't see it...

Wikipedia is under the creative commons licence, thus rendering your entire point moot.

Mozer, I dare to doubt that anybody would have thought that rather long article was from Ian.

Indeed. If AARs would need to be sourced reading them would be unbearable...

Jeepers creepers,is this debate still raging??

Not as much raging as repeating itself I'd say.

Last edited:
First of all, I really enjoyed this AAR, and I was not trying to degrade the epic work that the author has done.

The one thing I learned here is that I obviously have different standards on when and where to use copy paste than the majority in this forum.
When that is said, I realize that some of my language might have been a bit to sharp, and I do apologize for that.

Shall we close this debate now, be friends and use our valuable time on something more important? For example trying to dominate the world, in whatever paradox game, one enjoy at the moment. Or maybe enjoying the summer, or maybe even the world cup?

Well my first project is to read the last 20 pages of this AAR

First of all, I really enjoyed this AAR, and I was not trying to degrade the epic work that the author has done.

The one thing I learned here is that I obviously have different standards on when and where to use copy paste than the majority in this forum.
When that is said, I realize that some of my language might have been a bit to sharp, and I do apologize for that.

Shall we close this debate now, be friends and use our valuable time on something more important? For example trying to dominate the world, in whatever paradox game, one enjoy at the moment. Or maybe enjoying the summer, or maybe even the world cup?

Well my first project is to read the last 20 pages of this AAR

I can't fail to notice that you attempt to conceal your lack of knowledge about public domain and creative commons as a difference of opinions. But since none of us have any real interest in continuing this discussion I propose that we all, in our minds declare ourselves winners and go about our business. http://xkcd.com/386/ said it best.

It took me two days to read though this entire thread. I had almost neglected my other errands otherwise I would've gotten through it in one sitting. This AAR was amazing! Bravo!

I read all of this and one thing bugged me throughout. Hiroo Onada was not the last Japanese Army soldier to surrender.

The last one was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teruo_Nakamura. He surrendered later, but because he was a colonial recruit and not an officer he gets no credit. (Also, he didn't need to see his commanding officer before accepting that the war was over.)

This is a message from the Emperor of the Holy Corugian Empire.

Get down on your knees, be silent and listen, you peasants.

This is without a doubt the most amazing AAR ever created. Epic in scope and astonishing in events. As a reward for this outstanding work, the Supreme Emperor of the Holy Corugian Empire, none other than me, the MIGHTY CORUGI, hereby bestows upon the author the very highest honor possible for a non-Corugian to receive.

Therefore I, the MIGHTY CORUGI, Supreme leader of the Holy Corugian Empire, Living Legend and the one true God of Runescape, hereby authorize Ian Clacher the use the famous Corugian !!!6!!! exclamation as whenever and wherever he wants.

!!!6!!!

Regrettably, I would like to point out that the sheer scale of shenanigans ( namely the incompetent AI ) that enabled Ian to achieve his great and righteous victory is the sole reason I can no longer play HOI3. Although it is oodles of fun at the time doing crazy things like beating the Germans in 1938 with the French, or eventually conquering the world as the Germans with a 1944 start, the sense of accomplishment is diminished when you realize that victory was always assured so long as you do nothing stupider than what the AI does. The investment of considerable time in playing a scenario where the outcome was, in hindsight, never in doubt, has lead me to abandon HOI3 as being little more than exercise in wasting time. That said, I would not have anyone doubt that I enjoyed Ian's epic AAR which was vastly entertaining, well written, and a credit to the Paradox community.

Please let me know if HOI4 has any improvement in the area of the AI and I will consider playing again.

I have spoken.

You may get up off the floor now. Eww, now the floor is dirty! You peasants really should wash more often.

!!!6!!!