• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Slavophil said:
So, all problems were successfully solved anm my russian map is ready for use. But there is still a question of scenarios. I heard there is some program, that can help with creating scenarios for non-vanil maps :confused:
It's called 'notepad' ;)
There are custom tools for modification of other files (matelli's province.csv editor for example) but for scenarios we still use notepad.

Kasperus said:
It's called 'notepad' ;)
There are custom tools for modification of other files (matelli's province.csv editor for example) but for scenarios we still use notepad.
O, yes, I know this program. It is a very good program. I think it was designed especially for EU modding, because it can modify so many types of EU files... :rolleyes:

Slavophil said:
So, all problems were successfully solved anm my russian map is ready for use. But there is still a question of scenarios. I heard there is some program, that can help with creating scenarios for non-vanil maps :confused:

Got no answer to your question... just wanted to tell you that i sent you a message sometime ago, that you haven't read... could you check it please ?
On top left of the page, you should see "Private Messages: x, Total y".

Best regards

Gilles

Sorry for asking yet another question on these forums, but I am totally new to map modding, and I don't really understand most of the stuff you guys are saying. :confused: Could someone please help to understand how to begin creating a map?

Thanks

@ Cool-Toxic:
Sry for this intrusion, but I'll wait for an answer.
Just for a brief summary:
1. between 2 land provs red border;
2. between 2 sea zones no red border;
3. between a river and a land prov red border;
4. between a lake and a land prov no red border;
5. around PTI no red border;
6. between a land prov and a sea zone no red border.
Is it correct?
Thx much as always.

cool-toxic said:
Elio it's all correct. Very good I hope you'll have a part of your map done soon. ;)
See here
Pls answer me there.
Sincerely I didn't understand well the difference Kasperus wrote in his post. If You could edit 2 pictures about those different solutions ...

When making a map, obviously the .psd is shown as one picture with a western edge and an eastern edge but when you play the game it makes the world round. How does this occur and is there anyway to make the world flat? ie if i wanted to make a map of just Europe such that if you went west from Portugal you wouldn't end up in Turkey how would i do that?

The Swert said:
When making a map, obviously the .psd is shown as one picture with a western edge and an eastern edge but when you play the game it makes the world round. How does this occur and is there anyway to make the world flat? ie if i wanted to make a map of just Europe such that if you went west from Portugal you wouldn't end up in Turkey how would i do that?

The map continues around and around in EU2 from the west to the east or the east to the west. It's hard coded, you can't change it.

So if you make a map over only Europe, then you could make a free area between the west and the east. But you will still have the continued scroll around the map.