• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That was, for lack of a better word, awesome! Another great chapter. I can't wait for the last piece of this epic tale in Crusader Kings 2.
Also, congratulations! The Senate will aid the Augustus to glory against the heathens.

And here it is at last! 7343 words, 45,412 characters and unquantified amount of pleasure during writing. It was really a great fun to write, especially considering I was waiting for a long time to release this – you may notice that all of these screenshots were taken before I started this AAR, that is in November/December 2013 :)

Oh, and by the way: [size=+2]I was granted permission for a fully interactive AAR![/size]

Next week (?) the "Crusader Kings II" chapter of the story of Angelid Imperium ends.

May Saint Markos bless you all.

Congrats !
That was a long way till here and I don't imagine all the time the EU IV part will take :p

The monk who wrote this book must have been mad for one icon shows a cynical ruler instead of St Markos !

The monk who wrote this book must have been mad for one icon shows a cynical ruler instead of St Markos !
That's why he is an "anonymous monk", he is not crazy enough to reveal himself to the demons angels.

A tribute to the Glorious Campaign of Defense against the Horde under St. Markos, written by a group of songwriters in the Poets' Society:

Do not flag, do not fail
Marching to the east
into the dread Mongol dominions
where soon the crows shall feast.

Burn their land, salt their soil
do not let them run!
Descend upon Mongolia's best
with wrath and heat of sun!

To the blade of the saints
the heathens shall fall
Shoot the riders off their horse
and breach the city's wall!

Victory to the tagmata
who so gallantly strode
into the lands of the old enemy
and who never once slowed!

--
The Angeloi Protect! Hail Saint Markos!

And thus passes the end... Of the beginning. It's certainly been a pleasure, and I look forward to seeing the Second Part soon!

Incidentally, with the mention of the one Great Comet that was remarked upon in the chronicle, I'm rather surprised that the chronicler didn't deign to mention another one that appeared the same year as the xenoi landed. Then again, I'd imagine most people's minds were on other things at the time...

Confirmed: The potato is an enemy of the Romanoi. The 'game' hot potato was actually invented by starving peasants who would rather starve than consume this 'satan's tuber', a rough translation of what they called it, and thus passed it around until one of them was corrupted by its demonic influence and killed. Clearly, the celtic catholics escaped xenoi invasion by cultivating potatoes in Ireland and fooling the xenoi into thinking they were one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I shall take honor in being the first to commemorate this glorious event!
That was, for lack of a better word, awesome! Another great chapter. I can't wait for the last piece of this epic tale in Crusader Kings 2.
Also, congratulations! The Senate will aid the Augustus to glory against the heathens.
Thank you very much, citizens! The Senate is something I'm looking forward too, I'm very curious how the interactive part of AAR is going to work out:)
Congrats !
That was a long way till here and I don't imagine all the time the EU IV part will take :p
Well, it's been almost 11 months since the start of this AAR so the next part will take probably more or less as much time :)
That's why he is an "anonymous monk", he is not crazy enough to reveal himself to the demons angels.
It's a shame his identity remains unknown - I'm confident that the Imperium would reward him greatly for his work.
Confirmed: The potato is an enemy of the Romanoi. The 'game' hot potato was actually invented by starving peasants who would rather starve than consume this 'satan's tuber', a rough translation of what they called it, and thus passed it around until one of them was corrupted by its demonic influence and killed. Clearly, the celtic catholics escaped xenoi invasion by cultivating potatoes in Ireland and fooling the xenoi into thinking they were one of them.
The Potato Theory is so far the best explanation to the phenomenon know as AI-Not-Giving-A-Crap-About-British-Isles.

Story-wise, however, I really doubt xenoi could be fooled. I mean, we're talking about people soulless beasts responsible - among other things - for stuff like this:

Kodeks_tudela_21.jpg

A tribute to the Glorious Campaign of Defense against the Horde under St. Markos, written by a group of songwriters in the Poets' Society:

Do not flag, do not fail
Marching to the east
into the dread Mongol dominions
where soon the crows shall feast.

Burn their land, salt their soil
do not let them run!
Descend upon Mongolia's best
with wrath and heat of sun!

To the blade of the saints
the heathens shall fall
Shoot the riders off their horse
and breach the city's wall!

Victory to the tagmata
who so gallantly strode
into the lands of the old enemy
and who never once slowed!

--
The Angeloi Protect! Hail Saint Markos!
Glorious! I have to reserve separate section for all the works of the Imperial Poets Society :)

And thus passes the end... Of the beginning. It's certainly been a pleasure, and I look forward to seeing the Second Part soon!

Incidentally, with the mention of the one Great Comet that was remarked upon in the chronicle, I'm rather surprised that the chronicler didn't deign to mention another one that appeared the same year as the xenoi landed. Then again, I'd imagine most people's minds were on other things at the time...

LdECqh4.jpg

A glorious chapter!
Really loved how potato was treated as exotic. The mysterious xocolate and potatoes got a laugh out of me.

Fascinating the past is in it is the present unraveled and the future sketched however the question of the lips of the all in the empire now is will this empire from over the seas break? Or will it break the world? Or maybe worse of all will it be exonerated as the greatest empire of all? Unfortunately only time will tell as the present slowly turns into the past.

I like to think that Mali, for the past 100 or so years, has just been playing dead, hoping that the xenoi will go away. They haven't, but Mali is still standing somehow.
That or the Potato Theory also applies there, or perhaps both.

Or maybe they are worse than Pisans trading salt, gold and slaves for protection ?

Of course not! Mali is a pure and virtuous nation, ruled by both Saints and Kings, appointed by the great Peacock Angel himself. Mali is home to the greatest of all men, who live in peace in serenity as Melek Taus destroys the infidel Greeks and Nahua.

A glorious chapter!
Really loved how potato was treated as exotic. The mysterious xocolate and potatoes got a laugh out of me.
Thanks! What's interesting is that chocolate is one of the few words in English which are loan-words from Nahua - xocolatl must've sound really weird to people living in 15th/16th century too :)
Fascinating the past is in it is the present unraveled and the future sketched however the question of the lips of the all in the empire now is will this empire from over the seas break? Or will it break the world? Or maybe worse of all will it be exonerated as the greatest empire of all? Unfortunately only time will tell as the present slowly turns into the past.
Only time will tell indeed - no man can predict the madness of RNG. I hope the Imperium will survive to the end of EU4 however, because it would be a great shame if it was to be defeated completely in, say, 16th century preventing me from exporting it to Victoria 2.
May the light of Saint Markos shine upon us
Hear, hear!
I like to think that Mali, for the past 100 or so years, has just been playing dead, hoping that the xenoi will go away. They haven't, but Mali is still standing somehow.
That or the Potato Theory also applies there, or perhaps both.
Mali is a mistery to be solved (?) in "Europa Universalis IV".
Or maybe they are worse than Pisans trading salt, gold and slaves for protection ?
Of course not! Mali is a pure and virtuous nation, ruled by both Saints and Kings, appointed by the great Peacock Angel himself. Mali is home to the greatest of all men, who live in peace in serenity as Melek Taus destroys the infidel Greeks and Nahua.
341.gif

As a bonus, here's the screenshot of the table showing the situation just after the arrival of xenoi, with notes concerning their status in 1444:

cLo3fR9.jpg

Also after seeing this thread I'm even more confindent that I should wait with starting the EU4 part of this story until "Art of War" is released.

Can you post a screenshot of the independent states (by army size I guess) and religions ledgers as for 1444?

I will after the last update for CK2 part is released.

You could almost write a novel about the mysteries of Mali, so mysterious is its setting!

Chapter 1:

The great ruler looked out across his vast lands with the dawn of a new day, with an abundance of wealth coming from throughout Africa to the mighty city of Timbuktu.

The foreigners also brought wealth to the great city, as countless fled from their lost homes, burned by both Greek and Aztec fire, or simply seeking escape from the war that has plagued the world for so long.

The ruler, with wisdom nigh as numerous as his age, looked at the journals from those dusty days hence passed.

1 Day Ago:

Woke up, walked around, improved some provinces, slept.

2 Days Ago:

3 Days Ago:

4 Days Ago:

5 Days Ago:

6 Days Ago:

7 Days Ago:

8 Days Ago:

(This continues onward, for multiple generations)

You could almost write a novel about the mysteries of Mali, so mysterious is its setting!
In the mysterious jungle of the Dark Continent there is only mysteriousness.

Chapter 1:

The great ruler looked out across his vast lands with the dawn of a new day, with an abundance of wealth coming from throughout Africa to the mighty city of Timbuktu.

The foreigners also brought wealth to the great city, as countless fled from their lost homes, burned by both Greek and Aztec fire, or simply seeking escape from the war that has plagued the world for so long.

The ruler, with wisdom nigh as numerous as his age, looked at the journals from those dusty days hence passed.

(...)

8 Days Ago:

(This continues onward, for multiple generations)
Chapter 2: Aztec Invasion
Chapter 3: To The Last Man
Chapter 4: Never Surrender
Chapter 5: Vea Victis
Epilogue