• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx for anserwing, exactly that was asked in a german forum lately.

Another question:

English as language is needed of course too. But how good you need to read/write it?
Will there be predefined tests(questions with can be answered simple), or do the betas more writing reports in own written words?

Cheers,
Chromos

If you can make yourself understandable on the normal forum then your English skills are good enough for the alpha/beta. So in your case, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Make sense. Like i said its just a Hassle. I would have to go to my local library sign into my e-mail, printed it out, sign it, scan it, and e-mail it. The thing is if I do get picked I would probably do all of this.

One question though. Instead of having to scan it could I just take a picture of my signature with a digital camera? :happy:

You can also just print it out, sign it and then mail it to Paradox, using the normal postal services.

Thanks to all the answers on that question "how good needs my english to be".
I'll summarize and translate that for the germans that want to improve their english skills. :)
Maybe some of them will apply too.

No I have done betas before. I've never heard of a beta that you would have to pay for. I truly understand the safeguard that you guys want. It just seems a tad extreme. All in all I do respect you guys decision.

I think Darkrenown meant those things like kickstarter or if you pre-ordered and get access to the beta like for Guild-Wars 2 etc..
So you pay not for the Beta, but get access to the beta as pre-order customer or early supporter.

And if it is enough to have made a signature with "a pressed button" to sue you if you leak infos or the engine in your country, then there is no difference to signing a paper.(Just in some countries "pressing a button" is not enough.
After all an NDA is to protect your intellectual property/business and pretty usual imho. If you would make your money through making games, you would also not like if someone breaks an agreement and leaks infos/the game itself. Trust is good, being prepared sometimes better.. :)

Cheers!
Chromos

I think Darkrenown meant those things like kickstarter or if you pre-ordered and get access to the beta like for Guild-Wars 2 etc..
So you pay not for the Beta, but get access to the beta as pre-order customer or early supporter.

Cheers!
Chromos

Oh yea I know what your talking about.

How about a PM regarding our applications? That way we can expect an email (search spam folder):)

You can just scan your signature and put it on the NDA be means of graphical editor like paint.
Result is the same.

Actually, no. I need the scan (or equivalent) of the signed paper. Not an unsigned paper with a signature pasted on it.

Make sense. Like i said its just a Hassle. I would have to go to my local library sign into my e-mail, printed it out, sign it, scan it, and e-mail it. The thing is if I do get picked I would probably do all of this.

One question though. Instead of having to scan it could I just take a picture of my signature with a digital camera? :happy:

A picture in lieu of a scan works, provided it's the whole document and the quality is sufficient.

How about a PM regarding our applications? That way we can expect an email (search spam folder):)

You'll be getting a mail as soon as we've sorted out who's in and who's not. I'll post here when the mails go out.

Emails are being sent out. Since it's always possible that a mail or two go missing, let me know if you haven't received anything - but do give the internet some time :) If you haven't received anything , say, 12 hours from now, it's probably a fair bet that your mail went missing.

Quite. I've been looking forward to this day for a LONG time. :)

I didn't get picked, but I absolutely love the fact that I got an email even if I *didn't* get picked. With an explanation of the process, too! That is how it should be done, IMHO.

I didn't get picked, but I absolutely love the fact that I got an email even if I *didn't* get picked. With an explanation of the process, too! That is how it should be done, IMHO.

Errr.... why? You usually don't get explanaitions when you're rejected anywhere else, why here? Besides, he said you should give them 12 hours until all emails have been sent.

Blah, my fingers are misinterpreting my brain.

They sent an email *telling* me I wasn't picked. (A form letter, but still. Better than a black hole.)

That's what I meant.

not applying but please remember to use someone with a windows 7 64 bit system . i dont want to be rude but FTML was a complete mess on 64 bit systems on its initial release , im pretty sure it busted my hard drive some how =p

not applying but please remember to use someone with a windows 7 64 bit system . i dont want to be rude but FTML was a complete mess on 64 bit systems on its initial release , im pretty sure it busted my hard drive some how =p

i am pretty sure it was developed under vista and 7. i am using windows 7 64 bit myself and never had any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.