• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I also think Helvetia was a roman province.

Part XV: Things begin to change in North Africa

There were few places that the romans ruled, that Venice don't rule yet. One of these places is England. Recently, irish rebels managed to break the ties with london, creating a new nation, Eire. But soon they joined the english alliance, what was good to Venice, that didn't need to wait the 5 years to battle England again. War was declared on Eire.

But the first target was England. This time, England had to give everything except Anglia to Venice; They weren't vassalizated, but they had plenty of gold to offer. And the plans of Venice were to make Londinum the capital of Britannia.

In Hibernia (Ireland), war was also succesfull. The new nation had to give all its provinces, and become another venetian vassal.

Ireland.jpg

With the vassals, all is going well. Although they hate venice (most of them -200 relations), none of them dared yet to break vassalage (except Armenia). 4 of them are allies and have good relations; all the other hate but had no choice and tolerate venetian supremacy and pay their tributes.

Venice also attacked Oman, because such domain over ancient roman areas, even more by such distant nation, is not tolerable. The war was hard; Oman had strong fortresses and the desert attrition was a problem to the legions. But once again the invincible armies triumphed. The profit from the war, in North Africa, was only one territory and another vassal: Algiers. But the enemy was severely weakened in their heart. Take a look a the new arabian peninsula and north-east Africa:

MiddleEast.jpg

ArabianSea.jpg

And also the new north Africa:

NorthAfrica.jpg

The business also expanded in Africa, as the natives burned the turkish TP in Chesapeake. Venice was quick to recolonize it. Now Venice is the only european in North America, except for the spanish in Florida :mad: but this is not going to continue.

NorthAmerica.jpg

Other problem is that Turkey lost a war with the Mameluks. They gave their muslim provinces, a TP in Finmark (yes, the scandinavian province) and other in south Africa. Mameluks still haven't learned the lesson.

Duke of Wellington: Yes, England is one step from annexation. And Oman was really a hard foe, they had even a mighty fortress in an algerian province, and no forts lower than medium. Their army and navy really wasn't a problem.

SunZyl: You're right, I warned them in the hope they attack someone (they are very expansionist) and I get a free CB.

Really the back of the beast is now broken. Time to tidy up.

Part XVI: Time to tide up

You may have noted that in the last posts Venice's expansion is being made symetric: Expansion against europeans, then expansion against arabians. This part is not going to be different. The european that had the pleasure to join the republic now was, obviously, England. And his friend, Eire, also gladly joined the Venetian empire (by force, of course, because Venice has no patience to give money and wait to diploannex a vassal).

The oportunity arose when Sweden joined the England, Eire and others alliance. Then Venice declared war on Sweden, but no war efforts against them have been made. The war scene was only Britannia and Hibernia. By the way, the whole Ireland and the whole Britain past the adrian walls now belongs or pay tributes to Venice. Now, only Spain and Portugal are still to be conquered to achieve the ancient romans "record".

I thought that only 2 provinces from Europeans was not enough, this war ended very fast. So Portugal was chosen as a next victim. A very easy victim, btw. Even their land tech being 51 while mine was 48.

They presented a reasonable guerrilla resistance in west coast of Africa. But the legions had a stronger cavalry that made difference in desert provinces. In the south, cities weren't protected neither by soldiers nor by fortresses, so the legion sent just had to go to the cities to conquer them. Later I'll show the expansion in Brazil and in West Africa. Now Portugal only have Lisbon and some TPs/Colonies. They are likely to join the republic soon. The traders can't wait to make some changes in the Tago CoT. It will become the main port of Europe, where goods from the venetian colonies around the world will arrive.

Despite the 9.XXX investiment needed to maintain stability, and the constant DoWs that take 2 stability from Venice, the Doge, in his incomparable experience, is managing to keep the order in a minimum of 0 (except when suck events like Political Crisis happens). As there is only one war at a time (my limited and noob brain can't administrate more than one reasonably at a time), and the time a war takes is enough to recover the stability. In more tough wars, the stability even reaches 3 (like the one against Oman) and money go to the treasury.

Now, the arabian part of the history.

The job with Oman had to be finished. Another hard war fought and winned. They burned some TPs in Africa, but Venice didn't care about. The object of the fight was Mauretania, Morroco and Algiers. And the warscore of Venice was just enough to achieve this.

WesternEmpire.jpg

Now... Iberians: You just wait!

And Mameluks: You were warned. I said that, if you attack someone, I would attack you. And you attacked and annexed Iraq. Now I have a CB against you! Of course I won't let this oportunity pass.

Too right. Every CB is precious.

stnylan: Oh yes, very precious. They mean about 20000 ducats.

Duke of Wellington: Yes. That's exactly the problem. Some very fortified provinces in caribean islands, all filled with as many troops as the province can support, and in Mexico. And I'm usually lazy to send large troops overseas. Fortunately, the spanish land tech is backward and the unloads are likely to be succesfull.

Part XVII: The end of the east

The very first thing Marco made was to use his Casus Belli and declare war on Mameluks. This was going to be the last war in the middle east. Then the east was to be granted the "Pax Romana".

But Marco had to use his 2 stability for the 3 was coming, so he tried to keep a war with Portugal in paralel. The result was that, the portuguese were totally expeled from the new world; only some TPs in Africa, India and Indonesia left. Portugal is one step away from annexation.

Brasil-1.jpg

In the middle east, the cause of the war wasn`t conquered (Iraq), but Mameluks vassalizated and territories enough to make the connection beetween Isfahan, Sinai and the rest of the empire. After the war, Marco Barbango made a declaration, where he affirm no more offensive wars are going to be waged against muslim countries.

ConqueredME.jpg

The deal in Iberia wasn`t restricted to Portugal. His brother, Spain, was also a victim. Nothing from their european territories was taken; but they were expeled from North america, and only one colony left in the new world (the rest are TPs). I would say that Spain is 2 steps away from annexation.

CentralAmerica.jpg

Marco don`t know who he will attack while he waits the truce with the iberians end. He is calling the Maggior Consiglio right now to decide it.

Marco is very sick. During the Christmas and first days of the New Year, he will be out resting.

SunZyl: Yeah, Incas and Chimu are still there; only the coastal provinces are colonized.

Duke of Wellington: Thanks. I don't think there will be enough time for maya. My priorities are Spain and, if possible, Denmark.

Sorry for haven't being able to post more frequently. From now on I'm a more ocupied person :rolleyes: But I hope this history will have a happy end, and probably and more importantly, to have an end.

Part XVIII: West nearly ended...

This time the Doge decided the market of Lisbon was immediatelly needed. So Lisbon was invaded, and the Orleans & Bragança dynasty finalizated. Portugal and all its TPs were integrated into the Republic of New Rome. Spain was weak and everthing except Madrid went to the hands of the republic.

Iberia.jpg

But Venice paid high breaking its words. Stability fell to -3, and rebels began to flock everywhere. In the forgoten lands of Quebec, they even founded a new 3-provinces country. A strange country, by the way. Pagan and Huron culture, but with scientifical and infrastructure levels of an european country. The first independence in America, achieved by arms!

Quebec.jpg

Venice decided to let them be, because the 2 stability that would be needed to annex them didn't worth while. The country was recognized by the superpower, but in a state of war. The venetian army haven't even mobilized to engage the enemy.

Now, just some easy steps away from the roman empire record: Madrid and some german provinces, just to don't let they stay in the hands of the weak bohemians. And I lied: I won't attack Denmark, but Bohemia.

And from what I can see on the map it appears to be two provinces. not a bad revolt, all in all.

stnylan: It's 3 provinces, Ottawa, Megantic and another one beetween these two I don't remember the name. I was so focused on Spain, that I forgot the rebels there and they took one after one these provinces and declared independence.

Duke of Wellington: I'm thinking in convert them. I don't know. Well, first let me end the job in Europe then I'll see what to do with them.

Part XIX: The Dawn of the Empire

To complete the roman-like conquest, Spain was annexed, making the whole iberia under venetian rule. Also some german provinces were taken from Bohemia.

A new idea also spread in venice, that the colonies should be ruled indirectly by Venice. So Quebec was granted a loan and some provinces in Canada to help their development, seeking to vassalize them in the future and making them allies, and collect interests from the people there.

Rulling Mexico indirectly was also a good Idea, since they coule be able to conquest Maya and share the fruits of their conquests with their lords in Venice.

Mexico.jpg

The new country of Haiti was so poor, that allowing a local administration could help to improve the local conditions. This was not true, however, because corruption and power abuse ruled the Island since Venice gave freedoom to that people. Marco recognized this move as a mistake, but never refused its tributes from there and while this corrupt government continue giving what is Caesar`s, the superpower will support it.

Haiti.jpg

Brazil and La Plata also achieved their parcial independence by diplomacy. Brazil had an amazing industrial infrastructures! While in Portuguese rule, they built refineries in sugar-cane provinces and goods manufactories in tobacco provinces. Venice was to collect only its tributes, leaving the work of local administration to the new governments!

LaPlata.jpg

Only United States was denied liberty. If they are going to get it, then it will be by the means of arms.

Next is the final chapter and I prepared some novelties. Unfortunately I won`t be able to post very soon.