• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hah, that's funny, I just did that and was able to load it up! We're back in business!

Hah, that's funny, I just did that and was able to load it up! We're back in business!

Europe is Sad Panda and Happy Panda at the same time, we will be ruled by the Nazi, but we won't be ruled by the Communists.

(Correction Europe will still be a Sad Panda)

Huzzah! Now back to kicking ass. Oh that reminds me, did Teivel ever make that story-post about the Soviet leadership?

blitzthedragon:
No casualty report?

Excellent update otherwise. Fegelein, you magnificent, wonderful arschloch you!

I also eagerly await this cabinet meeting from Teivel. His frontline narration was quite moving; I'll be interested to see what the higher-ups are saying.
Huzzah! Now back to kicking ass. Oh that reminds me, did Teivel ever make that story-post about the Soviet leadership?

No more casualty reports- they're too depressing... Teivel was actually going for a more humorous approach. Teivel is very busy himself, and I'm not sure how close he is to finishing, or if he's even still working on it.

alxeu:
On the off chance the Russians reach Berlin, could you continue into NWO2?
If I was an optimist I would believe in German success.
I am a realist, and I believe something has to give.
If I were a pessimist, I would think you have only months to live.

I'm not a defeatist, I'm a realist. Besides, I noted it was on the slight chance he does lose, in which case that is true.

Hypothetically, if I were to lose I would most likely not continue into NWO, unless there was a lot of demand that I do. There already is an excellent AAR "Das Ende" which does precisely that. If I can think of some twist, and there's demand for it, then I will continue.

Enclave:
No Bolsheviks allowed in Berlin!!!
Are You a defeatist, alxeu?

Indeed. Americans maybe, if I let them win!

zig_zac:
I say what I say with utmost caution, as I haven't even played DH, so I know I can be wrong. But maybe if you can't go forward to make pincer movement and encircle, go back and let them go into the sack. I think in France that could work. Apply new bump to the Hitler's head if he has doubts
I know there's nothing more irritating that so called good advise, but I am with German team here, so couldn't stop myself.

Lucifer:
Zig_zac, the panzers would need gas to make pincers. That's IMO not possible before recovering the rumanian oil fields.

zig_zac:
Eric did a few encirclements before, so I assumed it's not impossible. And tactical withdrawal with counterattack requires less fast movement, than classical encircling: only in last stage, to counterattack from wings. But that's just an idea.

Both excellent points. zig_zac, Lucifer is right, W/O oil, encirclements are nearly impossible. That being said, I can gain a few days worth of oil by trade, and I can still use natural "anvils" such as the ocean or neutral borders to strike them with my "hammer". For example (spoilers!)

InirQAu.jpg

foriavik:

:rofl: to both posts!

All posts related to (temporarily) lost save:

Thanks for the support and help everyone!

I'm currently working on updates for both my AARs, but in the meantime, I'd thought I'd answer everyone's posts and provide a quick, wordless update on the Pacific War. Enjoy!

Sudden and Deliberate Attacks

J7tn4Bd.jpg

CzOdJZ7.jpg

YnyGjxr.jpg

k7TkFp1.jpg

WPBNNAx.jpg

I793W4f.jpg

JqRzH8E.jpg

JlxaGE4.jpg

hrwQ4uV.jpg

5tetGmJ.jpg

vZgDUwN.jpg

c03IgeS.jpg

z1Npscn.jpg

HJI9zVW.jpg

0vgxI0z.jpg

End Update

Last edited:
Even without words, that was pretty awesome.

blitzthedragon: Japan is doing great, I must say. I'm thinking I'll march them all the way to France, that'll solve the American infestation!

Akaki: Well, you won't be too happy about this then...

I will be putting this AAR on hiatus after the second week of April (in-game, obviously) (which, if all goes well, will also mark the beginning of Chapter 2- Operation: Audacious). I'm going to try to put the next update this week (it's written, but is in sore need of a re-write. Too boring!), and I'll try and be timely with the next ones, but I can't promise anything.

Scratch that, I'm putting this AAR on hiatus now- there's just way too much going on in my life to work on this, and my thoughts are too pre-occupied with a lady-friend at the moment, too. I promise this AAR will make a triumphant return though!

Best of luck to you, Commander!

Do what you have to do. I know the feeling of being overwhelmed, and I understand, as do many of your readers. Make time when you have it, Panzer/BANZAI general.
BTW; it appears Ichi-Go is turning out to be a smashing success for Japan. Way to go :D

Scratch that, I'm putting this AAR on hiatus now- there's just way too much going on in my life to work on this, and my thoughts are too pre-occupied with a lady-friend at the moment, too. I promise this AAR will make a triumphant return though!
Subbing and waiting in patience for that.:)

blitzthedragon: Thanks, I'll need it!

foriavik: Indeed. Thanks for the support!

Dofon: Yeah, I'm really not liking taking seven classes! But I'm starting to get used to it. The Pacific Theater is actually not hard at all, if you know what you're doing. The beginning is mostly just micromanagement and reorganization, and from there, China can be steamrolled or carved to pieces, whichever is more your style.

zig_zac: Haha good idea :D . Will call it, "The Lecture is Not Over, the Lecture Will Never Be Over!"

Willz_l)arklord: Thanks! I wouldn't call it "German Resurgence" though. :ninja: Yet...

Nikolai: Thanks!

This is still on hiatus, but I had the rough draft already typed up, so I figured I’d may as well clean it up and post. So here we go!

Previously, on the AAR…
• The line in France holds.
• Italy remains static.
• The Eastern Front remains static.
• Yeah, nothing really happened!

The Darkest Hour
March 1945
Week 2: You Activated My Trap Card!

JACKBOOT

Kesselring would’ve preferred to be on the Eastern Front, killing Russkies, but he was glad to be at his old command nonetheless. The British line at Perugia has just broken! In other news, a small counterattack is launched on an understrength American tank division (a somewhat redundant statement).

V02sonD.jpg

Word arrives of an attack back in Kesselring’s old command-

Cs83clW.jpg

The Russkies finally succeed in forcing a German withdrawal. Given that Model, elastic defense extraordinaire, is in command, Kesselring isn’t too worried.

8Sr3Azz.jpg

The British launch a counterattack on Livorno. Kesselring orders a “withdrawal” into Perugia as soon as it’s secured. Way up north (eh?), Himmler’s Army Group Scandinavia begins to evacuate, soon the fully-manned divisions will be shoring up the line in France.

9PxHozZ.jpg

FJMfnTy.jpg

Next, Kesselring orders an attack on Cassino, where the Allies broke through the Gustav Line years ago- it’s fitting we’ll break them here! Smilin’ Al would’ve preferred to have attacked Pescara, but the British were withdrawing there, so an attack on Cassino was deemed more likely to succeed.

cGqfisy.jpg

Manteuffel’s HQ, Paris

General Manteuffel was pleasantly surprised to find another lone tank division. Armored divisions are like the Queen in chess- keep them in reserve until the last moment! Manteuffel will be happy to teach the Yankees a few pointers. Of course, Manteuffel’s one to talk, given the majority of his available divisions are panzers, but at least Germany doesn’t have infantry divisions to spare. The Americans have no excuse for not properly supporting their armor.

6tmqieC.jpg

A few days later, General Patton finally decides to show himself, and launches a large armored attack on Troyes. Reinforcements will arrive shortly to turn the tide.

aGgaaY0.jpg

Von Ribbentrop’s Office

Von Ribbentrop was exhausted; he just finished a small-scale diplomatic offensive to acquire as much oil and money as possible.

y5Kc6GF.jpg

XstxBUT.jpg

U8QAQJS.jpg

djtRN7M.jpg

gZAKfWf.jpg

Thanks to his efforts, Germany should have almost maybe possibly very nearly a week or so of oil!

Von Rundstedt’s HQ

Reports arrive that the Russians are withdrawing from Maribor… now, von Rundstedt begins to enact von Manstein’s plan.

YGzMmQD.jpg

The Soviets have foolishly put a motorized infantry division and yet another armored division into Capodistria…

yOxETp0.jpg

IVuUAVU.jpg

What the Russians are unaware of is, thanks to von Ribbentrop’s efforts, Dietrich’s Panzers will soon have fuel…

9CgDLU0.jpg

EjxwztW.jpg

If this works, we’ll encircle a motorized division and SEVEN ( :eek: ) armored divisions!

A5Xwah2.jpg

The Wehrmacht is unstoppable when that Bohemian Corporal keeps his distance!

EjxwztW.jpg

Sadly, the Russians have reinforced Karlovac, preventing Dietrich from completing the encirclement. Von Rundstedt’s army will arrive soon to force a victory through here, but we’ve been delayed nearly a week, which could be very, very bad to say the least… hopes remain high amongst High Command regardless, even the typically realist von Rundstedt.

0ewSjY4.jpg

-End Week-

• I had always planned on a small encirclement along the Adriatic, but I have a tremendous opportunity here! The Soviets have about 36 armored divisions, and many of those divisions are a little understrength. Knocking out seven mostly fully manned divisions will severely limit the USSR’s capacity for armored warfare.
• I think I might need to put an end to JACKBOOT. But I’m determined to at least capture Rome first.
• On a similar note, I’m considering giving the RSI cores on at least northern Italy if I liberate Rome. Thoughts on this?
• Not much is going on in Army Groups Danube and Poland. I won two relatively large battles in Siedlice and Nowy Sacz, but that's about it.

EDIT: Are the smilies working properly? My computer isn't showing them for some reason :(

Last edited:
Go ahead with giving the cores to RSI after the capture of Rome. IIRC, it has been discussed for the next patch.