• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I guess things are looking good right now. About the Soviets: Maybe you can mod the game to allow for a peace between them and you once the Allies are thrown out of Europe? I mean, with the Soviets not being able to beat you in a two-front war, how should they in a one-front one?

Regarding my planned AAR: I played many achievement campaigns during the last months (including getting Najd/Jihad done a few hours before Common Sense came out!). But now I feel refreshed enough to go for it. I don't know when I will start, but I guess it will be either this or next week.

Ultimately against the Soviets your best bet is probably more of what you're doing right now - do your best to bleed them dry and hurry up and develop nukes you can use against them. In a one front war you should be able to at the very least hold them in place (while building more IC) or even push them back.

Thegreatgeneral: Thanks! Though this is actually the 1945 scenario not the '44.

MrLevenstein: I don't think there will be a Grand Offensive on the Eastern Front, probably just several smaller ones. With luck, the first major counteroffensive in the East will be in the Fall.

LanMisa: The Soviets still have a HUGE army. Even with the massively lopsided casualty ratios, they will win a war of attrition. But I can win a war of maneuver! I just need an opening and some fuel.

I'm glad to hear you'll be starting a new AAR soon. I enjoyed Sons of Carthage.

Antonine: I don't think it's possible to bleed the Soviets dry. I need to force an opening and form some massive pockets- I'm not winning a war of attrition. I might build some IC in western Germany at some point, but my main priority is reinforcement and upgrades at the moment.

Enewald: I always do this for the Japan updates. usually it's not really necessary, but sometimes it might spoil important things.

Duke of Awesome: I certainly hope so.

Sorry for the delay everyone- I'm starting a new job and things have been a little hectic. Also, I had another 100 pics to sort through and weed out.

Daybreak

May 1945
Week 4 Part 1: Save the Panzers!

Von Manstein’s HQ May 22nd

Two Allied stockpiles were within striking distance… St. Nazaire has over 4000 tons of oils, while Brest hold nearly a 1000 tons.

1QBjTiT.jpg

Of course, capturing the stockpiles is meaningless if there is no way to transfer the stockpiles to German supply lines. Falaise must be captured!

QIqcnic.jpg

Von Manteuffel’s HQ

General Kirchner succeeds in knocking the Americans out of Valence. The southern front in France is going swimmingly!

gHY069o.jpg

Model’s HQ

The foolish Russians are ambushed in Allenstein! We know this land well, for it is our Fatherland!

MR7SaJz.jpg

Meanwhile, Field Marshal Jaenecke is busy knocking a lone division in Tilsit around.

FrEti4d.jpg

Guderian’s HQ

The Soviets are attacked in Radom. In the south, Army Group Danube succeeds in forcing the Soviets out of Banska Bystrica.

PZLGEG7.jpg

A few hours later, the Soviets retreat from Radom, taking 14,000 casualties to our 2,500.

DURlMLv.jpg

Model’s HQ May 23rd

The Russians are retreating from Allenstein!

nw7UIFR.jpg

Von Manteuffel’s HQ

The Seine is crossed; Army Group West arrives in Evreux. The Americans must be feeling a little cramped! If we can take Falaise, they’ll be trapped without supplies and with their backs to the sea.

OpEblUl.jpg

In the south, Le Creusot is taken.

9rqxPS5.jpg

Guderian’s HQ

Tarnow is attacked.

DuYurm5.jpg

Von Mantein’s HQ

General Hoth arrives in Avranches; the vital port of Cherbourg is only a short drive away.

6B3N4y4.jpg

General de Gaulle tries to force us back, but he will fail of course.

MjarZlZ.jpg

Model’s HQ May 24th

The Russians put another division into Tilsit, so we maul it around a bit.

uQQYlb1.jpg

Von Manteuffel’s HQ

Falaise is taken, reestablishing lines of communication with Army Group Manstein. The Americans are falling back from Caen towards Cherbourg.

qNKfdar.jpg

Though General MacArthur quickly gets his men in line, and the defense of Caen resumes. Von Manteuffel orders an attack on Le Havre to end any possible threat of an Allied attack on Paris and free up these troops for the inevitable siege of Cherbourg.

8K3v9VZ.jpg

wrje0LR.jpg

The Americans retreat soon. We have a chance of encircling the divisions defending Le Havre!

ponCDKF.jpg

Model’s HQ

Now it’s the Russian tanks turn to get beaten!

xQUhhNi.jpg

They retreat before we can inflict heavy casualties however.

pLS6lVi.jpg

Von Manteuffel’s HQ

St. Nazaire is captured, along with a huge Allied stockpile…

HjJfrbv.jpg

Von Manteuffel smiled. Now, the tables are turned!

-End Part 1-

Reactions:
He threw Soviets on a borders of June 1941th,guess Eric can continue offensive without Japanese.Im worried about American front in a French

Now there's only one thing for it: spam out a fleet of transports and invade the UK to trigger bitter peace with the allies. How hard can it be after beating the Americans in France and holding off the Soviets at the same time?

Eric8344: What are you going to do immediately after kicking the Americans out of France, because it looks pretty imminent?

Eric8344: What are you going to do immediately after kicking the Americans out of France, because it looks pretty imminent?

Writing an update about it :p

Nicely done, that about settles it for France!

I wouldn't be too cocky, but with the addition of oil France should be pretty manageable.
Well he's been managing without oil all this time. Imagine what he could do with oil! ;)