• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

makif130289

Field Marshal
78 Badges
Feb 20, 2008
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
DAS ENDE

[video=youtube;VNh4MEEuNF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNh4MEEuNF8[/video]​

December 15, 1944

There was a tense atmosphere in Fuhrer's HQ at Berghof. Fuhrer seemed tired and unhealthy, his hand was shaking involuntarily. Everyone in the room was pessimistic about the war. Reichsmarshall Goering looked at the map with empty eyes, he was clearly hopeless about the upcoming offensive. General Guderian told the details of upcoming offensive to Fuhrer and explained to him that this offensive wouldn't bring total victory to Germany but would certainly deplete last reserves of Germany. Fuhrer was decisive about the necessity of offensive in the West. In return, General Guderian proposed effective counter-offensive strategy that will try to exploit stretched allied lines. According to Guderian, Allied lines in Belgium could be encircled with a tricky counter-offensive. This would have more chance compared to large-scale offensive to dug-in Allied forces. Reichsmarhall Goering immediately supported this idea. Fuhrer, though being reluctant, accepted the proposal of Guderian.

hdsC19U.jpg

Fuhrer at Berghof with his staff

GhH4vp1.png

Germany in December 1944

TABLE OF CONTENTS
THIRD REICH
ALLIED OCCUPATION
FEDERAL GERMANY

FOURTH REICH

Last edited:
Looks better than Germany's situation by that time in OTL.

So what are your objectives? Drive the allies from Europe and push the reds back to their own border?

oh
9-3 germans divions against 23? This is gonna hurt...
Subscribed

PART I : GENERAL SITUATION​

December 1944

hDVdofI.png

German Cabinet

Following his meeting with General Guderian, Fuhrer met with General Model in Berghof. General discussed situation of Courland Pocket with Fuhrer. Fuhrer realizing that breakout is impossible, ordered evacuation of the pocket as fast as possible. There are 37 divisions of Army Group North in the pocket. Kriegsmarine on the other hand has only 3 transport filotillas to evacuate entire pocket. In the meeting, it was decided that armored and mechanized formations should be evacuted first.

yy0Za0p.png

Third Reich almost depleted its oil reserves. With the fall of Romania, Germany lost its main oil supplier and now has to rely on its own production which is result of a costly and ineffective conversion.

5ynU4ge.png

On the morning of December 16, Soviets launched massive offensive against Courland pocket. Pronged attacks against Tilsit and Plock were launched in order to break our defensive line.

Fevngds.png

Bad news continued to come to Berghof in the following hours, In conjunction with Soviet Offensive, Anglo-Americans began offensive along the Rhine. Fuhrer accepted withdrawal from only Colmar. Soldiers in Dunkirk were ordered to fight to the bitter end.

vk96E87.png

In order to give proper response to attack in the West, Fuhrer ordered new wave of V2 rocket attacks on Allied positions. Launch sites are being prepared near Belgian border.

UdqluSU.jpg

V2 Launch Site in Belgium

Soviet offensive continues to expand towards the South with huge attack on Radom. Red Army outnumbers Wehrmacht by at least 2:1 on all fronts. Magnitude of Soviet offensive very much added to the pessimism of German generals. General Model has begun to prepare plans for retreating deep into Poland.

vsoSTxO.png

Looks better than Germany's situation by that time in OTL.

So what are your objectives? Drive the allies from Europe and push the reds back to their own border?

My plan is to buy time to reorganize my troops. If I can reorganize my troops, i believe i can launch successful offensive in the West. There are plenty of panzer divisions in the West. With these i could drive allies back to the sea. In the East, i have no idea. For now, i just want to save as many troops as possible from Courland pocket.

I think you must start massive millita (Hitlerugend?)spam for defense on east

Yup, use your 200IC to spam militia, if you'll survive until the first batch is complete, there's a chance to do something meaningful.

Please,do not Lose:

Milan
Frankfurt at main
Wien
Warsaw
Berlin
and Amsterdan

:)

PART II : WARSAW UPRISING​

December 1944

Bad news from the Eastern front continues to arrive at Berghof. Overwhelmed by huge number of Red Hordes, Generals sent messages to Berghof requesting permission for withdrawal. Fuhrer complained about lack of tenaciousness of his generals to Field Marshal Keitel. Keitel immediately agreed with Fuhrer. However, pessimism about the future of war was present even on his face. Later in the day, Fuhrer discussed with General Von Weichs about the situation in the Balkans. General expressed his belief that only way to stop Red Army and Yugoslav partisans is to leave Croatia and create a new front along Austrian border. This would shorten the front considerably and would eliminate the risk of being trapped in Croatia. Fuhrer objected at first due to the political difficulty of leaving Croatian allies to the mercy of Bolsheviks, but agreed that it is not possible to stabilize the front without leaving Croatia.

yc7Byul.png

Soviet bombers bombed HQ of 233. Reserve Panzer Divisions. Fighters brought from Norway intercepted bombers and inflicted heavy casualties.

sjYQaJJ.png

On December 19, Field Marshal List telephoned Berghof. He requested immediate permission for retreating to Cologne as his troops are completely exhaused. Fuhrer shouted at List saying "Aaachen is German, you can't leave your position." General Guderian then intervened and tried to persuade Fuhrer. General Guderian promised counter-offensive to Fuhrer few weeks later. Fuhrer, exhaused by weeks of sleeplessness, accepted Guderian's proposal but continued to murmur about how his generals ruin his plans.

8t1mGVL.png

[video=youtube;k8VkgdHbt2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8VkgdHbt2k[/video]

Americans attacking German positions

As overall situation isn't bad enough, even worse news continued to arrive at HQ. Polish resistance taking courage from Soviet advance into Poland began massive uprising in Warsaw. Fuhrer turned mad with the news and ordered all partisans to be shot.

FrmZCA7.png

qnpvabb.jpg

Polish partisans in Warsaw

H2YsggN.png

Wouldn't it be better to keep Maribor and Capodistria? Only two provinces instead of four to garrison.

One more thing - not sure what's gonna happen when Croatia is annexed. Do you have their troops as expeditionary forces? If yes, from what I know they should become yours. If not, they might disappear.