• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
London

A carriage arrived at the house of the family Landwalker. They brought a child to them, a child named Brian. Nothing more was said. The carriage disappeared, never to be found again...

By GOD's grace instituted Queen of England Elizabeth I., Duchess of Aquitaine, Duchess of Normandy and Regent of Matthew, I, James of Huntingdon, hereby send to you my deepest condolences about the death of our King Henry VI., may his eternal soul find entrance to the heavenly Jerusalem.
The burden of the realm now lies upon your shoulders and I pray that GOD will give you the strength to lead our Kingdom through these troubled times. I remain a loyal servant to you as I was to his Majesty, may he rest in piece. In my role as Diplomat and Member of the Royal Assembly let me give you my first advice. The people of England are accustomed to the Archbishop of Canterbury coronating their Kings. If you seek for true legitimisation, but want the coronation be done by his Excellence Bishop Chaffinch, I counsel you to either give him the archbisopric of Canterbury or to ask the Pope to make his seat the sufragan of the Holy Church in England. Not a mere Bishop should crown the Queen, but an Archbishop.

Long may you rule, GOD bless the Queen.

I remain your loyal servant, James of Huntingdon
((Private to Mr. Huntingdon)

James of Huntingdon,
I thank you for your condolences and for your advice. After the Pope has overruled Bishop Chaffinch's decision regarding the possible divorce of Ser Bourchier I no longer believe that he is the right candidate for the coronation ceremony, I have therefore sent word to the Bishop of Canterbury so that he may crown me instead.
Given that you are a diplomat of the Royal Diplomatic Corps, I have a new mission for you: You'll travel to Rome immediately and speak with His Holiness about making Canterbury the Suffragan of the Holy Church in England.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Duchess of Aquitaine and Duchess of Normandy

((Private to Bishop Crawly))
Bishop Crawly,
The recent events have shown that your colleague Bishop Chaffinch is no longer suited to crown me in London the following week. I therefore would like you to crown me instead.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Duchess of Aquitaine and Duchess of Normandy

((Private to Bishop Chaffinch))
Bishop Chaffinch,
I fear that you are no longer the ideal bishop for my coronation ceremony. You are dismissed from London for the time being as I no longer need your service. I cannot have a bishop crown me who has upset His Holiness.

To Robert Lancaster,
Head of House Lancaster.

I, Oliver Talbot, Count of Caux, seek Anne Lancaster's hand in marriage. House Talbot enjoyed a marriage with House Lancaster until the unfortunate passing of our late King. I would be honoured if you would consider the continuation of a marriage between our two houses. I hope that this marriage would see both of our houses into a bright future.

Oliver Talbot,
Count of Caux.

((Private to Oliver Talbot))
Oliver,
I am happy to announce that Anne shall marry you.

~ Ser Robert Lancaster, Head of House Lancaster

Last edited:
What! Who the hell does this woman think she is. She is merely a regent and yet she dares to deny me my right as the highest priest in England. What an utter disgrace.

The Bishop began to write a letter
Students, Allies and Buisness Partners I am writing to you now to invite you to a meeting of utmost secrecy At my private residence in Northumberland I will not reveal the subject matter but if you follow current events you should be able to make some assumptions.

Your friend, Frederick

((Just to clarify, Elizabeth Talbot is the rightful ruler of England and not just a regnet for Matthew. Her son Matthew is her heir.))

(( Don't worry I know this. Character is just raging))

Reactions:
((Private- the Queen))

Your Majesty,

Thank you for this great honor. I shall gladly place the crown upon your head.

~Bishop Crawley

He was going to coronate the Queen! Oh no, oh no, oh no...

He could not deny the honor, though. Maybe the would finally leave him alone after this.

I need another drink

Reactions:
I can see what the subject will be about already.I am busy,but you have been a good partner,so,I shall come.

Count Morgan of Calais

((@Cheffy ))

To the righteous Bishop,

I thank you for support at this challenging time, and i am sorry your reputation has to suffer from it.
I hope this can resolved quickly and that by the time i come back, i hope all is well.

From Ser James A. Bourchier

((to all, i am going away on holiday very shortly, so i won't be taking part in this AAR until i come back, which is on Jan 4th late, i am sorry for inconvinence, and i'll perhaps do a journel like IC when i get back saying what has happened to Ser James, all the best to you guys and happy new year for then))

Reactions:
London

A carriage arrived at the house of the family Landwalker. They brought a child to them, a child named Brian. Nothing more was said. The carriage disappeared, never to be found again...

((Hahaha. Let me guess, Walpole Sr. is now going to paint his sword red and wear a mask for extra villain points?

@ML8991 happy holidays, see you next year))

Reactions:
Renato reflected upon the recent turmoil he heard from the court. Words of divorce, denied, Bishops being reprimanded. Renato wasn't much of a devout man, but knew to always colour within the lines and keep up appearances. Religion was as much a political question as a spiritual one. As long as you could get lynched for disrespecting the church Renato wasn't going to be caught with his pants down.

((Could you list all who received your letter @Cheffy ? I didn't see you list Aleck for example but he replied, can I assume I got one too?))

(('Twas Alex bloodstone, Robert of Huntingdon, James Bourchier and aleck Morgan . You didn't get one cause my character hasn't spoken to you much))

Reactions:
((The Coronation Ceremony of Elizabeth Talbot))

On this day one week after her husband's funeral, Elizabeth's coronation took place in London. There had been some turmoil in the capital with Bishop Chaffinch's reputation on the line after the Pope had overruled his judgment. This had made the Queen pick Bishop Crawly as Chaffinch's replacement. She had never met Crawly before and was eager looking forward to get to know the man who was to crown her.
The weather was still poor, just like it was on Henry's funeral. Heavy rain poured from the sky above but this time it was not as much of a problem because the coronation took place inside.

The event was well-guarded but generally the Queen preferred less security than her predecessor. She plans to become a Queen that her people loves. Security is necessary but too much security might scare the common. She underwent some martial training, uncommon for a woman, shortly before she had married Henry. Elizabeth knew how to use a sword. At the coronation, some of the guests saw her for the very first time. It was a joyful event with a small feast for a selected group of guests after the coronation. Among the common people of London, she ordered to distribute grain in the form of bread and some left-over ale so that even they could celebrate her.

Soon the capital returned to normality with many of the guests leaving the city.

((A fortnight later: Meeting of the Royal Assembly))

My loyal subjects,
I speak her before you for the first time in the Royal Assembly as your new and rightful Queen. Today, we have three very different acts to vote one. One has been suggested by Bishop Chaffinch who I have not seen ever since my husband's funeral. The second act has been suggested by one of the Royal Merchant Corps leading members, Renato Noguiera. The third act has been proposed by the Crown. I'd like you to know that I am a progressive Queen, which is I am proposing the Trade Act of 1450
I'd also like to propose that we should consider getting a fourth ally, next to Portugal, Austria and Castile, even though that would overstretch our diplomatic relations upkeep.

Freedom of the Clergy Act
It has come to my attention that many members of the clergy wish to have children as a means to carry on their legacies of good deeds they perform in their own lifetimes.

I am quick to point out that the bible does not tell us that priests must be celibate and infancy many an early pope was married as such I see no reason why current clergymen should not be allowed the rights of their predecessors.

The children's soul conservation act

A betrothal, no matter the circumstance, may not be intended or initiated if either party is not at least 10 years of age.Violaters of the law will be publicly denounced by a bishop as disrespecting of God's creation and fined by the local authorities accordingly.

The Trade Act of 1450

Modernize leading English trade centers by constructing a new market place in each of them. A market place shall be built, as soon as the necessary funds are available, in the following order in: London, Caux, Calais, Essex, Gascogne. The anticipated cost for this modernization is approximately 500 ducats total. The costs shall be paid be paid by the Crown.

A Change to the second point of Walpoles Plan:
Instead of attacking France right now we attack Scotland to conquer the border provinces on which we have a claim. France alone can be beaten but not with their allies, we could destroy their armies and maybe make them loose to Burgundy. We can annull their alliances and weaken them enough to be able to fight them later with more ease.

Freedom of the Clergy Act: Yes / No / Abstain
The children's soul conservation act: Yes / No / Abstain
Trade Act of 1450: Yes / No / Abstain
New ally: Papal State / Venice / Brandenburg / None / Abstain
Modified Expansion Plan: Yes / No / Abstain

((The deadline for this vote is Tuesday at 17:00 CET))

Last edited:
Freedom of the Clergy Act: Yes
The children's soil conservation act: No
Trade act of 1450: Yes
New ally: No
Modified Expansion: Yes

Last edited:
((Will the Freedom of the clergy act, affect catholic reform desire?))
((I have not considered that before but at first glance that would seem reasonable. Maybe by +1%. I am only on mobile now. I'll give you a definite answer tonight.))

Freedom of the Clergy Act: Yes
The children's soul conservation act: No
Trade Act of 1450: Yes
New ally: Brandenburg
Modified Expansion Plan: Yes

- John Walpole, votes participated: 4

Last edited: