• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will be following :)

However, could you post your images rather than add them as attachments? Adds a lot to an AAR :)

Will be following :)

However, could you post your images rather than add them as attachments? Adds a lot to an AAR :)
Are they not visible within the text itself? They should be...

But yes, I am going to normally post them in next updates, hosting them on photobucket most probably.

Are they not visible within the text itself? They should be...

But yes, I am going to normally post them in next updates, hosting them on photobucket most probably.

They show as attached thumbnails under our posts

Nice job so far, Emperor_krk. Keep it up.

NB: The screenies in the third post are not showing up (assuming you had some planned there. ;))

Nice job so far, Emperor_krk. Keep it up.

NB: The screenies in the third post are not showing up (assuming you had some planned there. ;))
Thank you. God damn, how could I forget about that, having done the first two posts. They should be working now.

All looks very interesting

We left Poland regaining its strength after the war. It didn't last that long afterwards, though: in May 1625 we received a call to arms from Spain, who attacked a revolting, newly-independent Sicily. Although we were not at all interested in the war, we did accept the call, for we find the alliance with Austria very valuable (at least in terms of it being a turnoff for our potential enemies from declaring war on us!). Some time before that, we got two notifications, both regarding some diplomatic options. They are, namely, reminders about a temporary Casus Belli (a cause for war, for those unfamiliar with game terms of Latin descent :p) expiring, and about the expiration of a peace agreement (after 5 years; this one was obviously about the peace with Moscow), after which war can be declared without severe penalties to the country's stability.

ScreenSave47.jpg

Caught in the act of creating a trading post

One unusual (for Poland, anyway :p) activity undertaken during that time was a colonization attempt of a province we got to know of thanks to taking Moscow during the war with Russia. Polish traders successfully settled in Enkan, on the east end of Asia, however when a consecutive expedition containing some 100 men was sent, it failed. One new thing about colonization and conversion attempts: the chance of success is no longer determined upon sending like it used to in EU2: it is calculated when the action ends, taking into account the Administrative value of the current monarch.

A year after the previous war declaration, another one followed: this time, the Habsburgs went to war against the Ottoman Empire, with the goal of taking the parts of Hungary that still remained in its hands. Poland joined in the war, seeing taking the province Jedisan as a possible valuable spoils of war (it is, like the majority of our lands, Orthodox; however, the culture of the province, as we can see on the map below, is Ruthenian - one accepted by us, and potentially easy to convert afterwards). The main cities and fortresses in the region were taken quickly; consequently, the Polish army was called back to Ukraine, where half of it, under the king's personal command, was left to defy any potential incursion by the Turks, and the other half (under Stanisław Koniecpolski) was directed against Crimea. With the Turks apparently preoccupied in the Balkans, the monarch's army joined Koniecpolski half a year later.

ScreenSave53.jpg

Love those loan reminders

ScreenSave0.jpg

Crimean forces were easily beaten, and the next year was spent besieging, assaulting and looting their settlements at the base of the Caucasus. When the Polish armies returned to Ukraine for the winter of 1628, word came from Vienna that Austria had signed a peace treaty with the Turks, in which Poland would receive Jedisan, and Austria - Maros.

ScreenSave57.jpg

I find this notifier very useful. Quite a lot of times playing EU2 I forgot about an army left somewhere, only to see it 10 years later, reduced to 500 men

Nice. I love these reminders too. I am right there with you with the loan reminder.

I can see the attachment to Austria, especially after this last war. Nice gain. Keep it up!

I may buy this game just for the notifiers