• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cat Lord and Castellon... you're not brothers, are you? ;)

Secret Master: Hey, you're the secretive one. I'm just trying to rationalise exactly how promoting a mayor will reduce your inflation here... :D

MrT... Samaritans are like those creatures and deities living in the curtains. They can't be trusted. Suddenly a good Samaritan turns out to be a bad one, and vice versa.

*gets headache*

Originally posted by Norgesvenn
Cat Lord and Castellon... you're not brothers, are you? ;)

Well,
My dad did travel a lot when I was younger, And assuming Cat Lord's dad did as well...
One or both of us may live up to the title of this AAR. :D

Folks, I'm having trouble keeping my posts entertaining whatsoever.

Seems as if I've hit a severe writer's block. Not only here, but in general. I have no new ideas, no new twists. I just write out of duty.

That gives me absolutely no pleasure. But it offers a great challenge. I know for sure that I'm not funny anymore. I've delved to deeply into stuff I'm only an amateur at, so I can't really get a parody going.

The general level of this AAR and the great humour behind it makes me have a guilty conscience. I tried to resurrect myself with Lafronde.

However, I feel that although he's entertaining, he's just not... it.

I therefore apologise to all readers of this AAR (who are quite a few) and promise to get Ebbesen the files by Tuesday (hey, I'm off!) and to be more funny.

Dang.

Sad to hear that Norgesvenn.. maybe you should take a break from EU2 and play some HoI instead?

What, not released yet.. well I guess you'll have to settle down with some booze and old WW2 documentaries to build up the tension until it is released.

What, you don't care for HoI.. well I guess you'll have to settle down with some booze and some books about the crusades and medieval europe in general to build up some tension for CK. (Could take a while).

Try to read some odd but famous books to get yourself back in some mood maybe? Like Illuminatus trilogy or Lovecraftian mythos books? (Or Adams/Pratchett/King whatever strikes your fancy)

Or just do what you will, as long as you do what you want:)

Thanks, Nikolai! :)

I'm sure that inspiration will return at some point. It usually does. This might also be because it's autumn... Just began working out again. That might help.

I've picked up "Focault's Pendulum" and I really enjoy that. :)

It's not like I'm tired of EU II. More like my inspiration and writing skills have gone AWOL. I'm still preparing a heavily modded TemplAAR game... so I'll bounce back.

Last edited:
I sympathised Norg.

I'd like to prepare an heavily modded Provence AAR, and my Assam AAR do not get the inspiration it deserves for the moment. That's why I have not posted since a while.

OTOH, I will try again this WE, but do not take that as any promise...

All in all, I was knowing it would be difficult to keep up the pace with an AAR, but I think it is especially difficult with very a-historical one, because this is just stretching the game's narrative possibilities very far away.

I hope my "uchronian" but "more historical" Provence AAR would be easier in this regard.

Good luck,

Cat

PS: Not to cluster this one more, I think I will start a new thread on this subject :)

Originally posted by Norgesvenn

It's not like I'm tired of EU II. More like my inspiration and writing skills have gone AWOL. I'm still preparing a heavily modded TemplAAR game... so I'll bounce back.

I can see where you're coming from, Norg. I've had exactly the same feeling for my GOlden Horde AAR (which is why I've been so slow in updating it. I have played some 60 years ahead of the writing, so far). My work just is not FUNNY. But I'll have to call you on this and say that, despite what you might think, it is good and it is amusing. So keep it up :)

Btw, still looking forward to that TemplAARs work.

Hey Tomas...I know what your maladie is since I've been afflicted with it too...

DSB

:eek:

(I wonder if that's a Canadian term that no one else uses?)

Fear not, things will eventually turn themselves around and you'll bounce right back. :)

Originally posted by MrT
Hey Tomas...I know what your maladie is since I've been afflicted with it too...

DSB

:eek:

(I wonder if that's a Canadian term that no one else uses?)

Fear not, things will eventually turn themselves around and you'll bounce right back. :)
Well, it is the abbreviation for the Danish State Railroad (Danske Stats Baner), but I wonder how Tomas got afflicted with it in Norway :D

Writers block, eh?

Well, before you get to down on yourself, I would point out that consistently doing humor for extended periods of time is one of the most difficult tasks in writing. That's one reason why good comedians and good sketch comedy is in rare supply. Whats worse for us is that our universe doesn't "change" as much as the real world, giving you a smaller crop of ideas to pick on.

You might as well take a break from the AAR and do something else until your batteries recharge. You might also look into viewing radically different sources of comedy than you are using now. Yes, I know, suggesting a break from Monty Python is nearly heretical, but a change might do you good.

If it makes you feel better, you might want to remember that Monty Python themselves were not always funny in every single skit they did. Im thinking of a few that were just not that great. Of course, this is not the norm, but hey, even John Cleese needs a day off now and then. ;)

Intermezzo - The Chemical Experiments Of Lafronde Rosenkreutz

1. Eggactly how much gold from a hen?

When attempting to make gold (like a good alchemist is supposed to do), always use fresh supplies. There's nothing that spoils your failure at making gold more than rotten supplies. Personally, I avoid Tesco, and rather use the local shops down in El Here's-Nice-Food Road. Jaime Oliver's "The Old <insert foodstuff here>" is my personal favourite.

Today I've procured some really nice eggs. I'll attempt making gold from these eggs. Here's the receipe:

Ingredients:
7 eggs (seven is a holy number and all)
3 salamander tails
666 flies
7 grams of salt
13 ram's bladders

How to make gold:
Boil water, and put eggs into water. Let simmer for 6 nights and 7 days. At sundown on the 7th day, add salamander tails, while wearing outrageous outfit and chanting 'Baphomet, baphomet' until neighbours complain.
Add flies. Stir.
Add salt and ram's bladders. Pour nasty-smelling stuff into a huge pot, and leave it in the oven while getting some sleep.

It should now be gold. If it isn't, eat it.

PS! You may have to see a qualified doctor after this

2. Golden Slumbers

I'm a kind of guy who likes to spend my spare time outdoors or in the company of a good glass of Rioja and a book (preferably about cabala or occultism, or even conspiracies). This means that I like to be efficient. Making gold while sleeping would be nice. I therefore invented the method mentioned under.

Methodology:

- Rinse self well. This can be done with water. Or fire and brimstone. I prefer water myself.
- Stay pure in spirit. Now, this spirit thing is tricky, but I usually find that a few bottles of voddy helps.
- Sleep the sleep of the innocents. Heck, I was too wasted to do anything remotely dirty.
- Check under pillow or around bed for gold. Disappointed! A few ducats of change.

To be continued...

Norg, looks like your writer's block is cured then. Did you find a veritable olde mediaeval alchemy book somewhere for inspiration?

Oh, yes. It's been cured. And I thought it'd be a good idea to keep this thread alive. Might be some time until our next update from Peter, so... well, I sort of felt responsible. Besides, alchemy is fun. :)

Dam! I always used pig bladders, no wonder I never had any success! :mad:

Thanks Norg, Castellon runs out to hunt down and behead the last guy to sell him the formula.