• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Going to have to shut this one down, folks. Got an idea for a novel a few days ago, and I may use some of the material here in it. Apologies for the abruptness, but it may turn out better in the end (if I can get the thing published.. my MFA novel sputtered out halfway through).

Going to have to shut this one down, folks. Got an idea for a novel a few days ago, and I may use some of the material here in it. Apologies for the abruptness, but it may turn out better in the end (if I can get the thing published.. my MFA novel sputtered out halfway through).

Sad news :(. OTOH, I enjoyed the story thoroughly so GL with your novel - I hope that the ideas from this 'AAR' will find a good use in it ;).

That's a shame, but I understand you'd want to secure your freedom to write what you want and not run afoul of the forum rules (last time I checked - a long time ago - it was that anything written on the forums became property of PI. Is that still the case?).

It's a bit frustrating that I'll never have any kind of closure regarding our hero's protagonist's story, but then again, given the non-life's he's living, it's rather fitting. :)

Good luck with the novel. Do drop by to let us know if it works out: every now and then, (former) forumites will drop in to proudly proclaim their success in real-world publishing and it's always nice to hear those stories.

A shame to see this end, though one understands the desire for freedom. I tend to find I can't maintain a novel unless I get regular feedback, though the whole "property of PI" thing would certainly complicate that if you were going for publishing. Good luck with your writing endeavours, in any case. And, as Stuyvesant says, so stop back to tell us all of your publishing successes! :)