• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Ryan has already had 2 terms; the primary post is here. Primary voting and dc representation amendment are still open for voting.))

((Very quiet.... veeeeeeery quiet... <.< >.> too quiet...))

I wish the best of luck to Congressman Blachnarde; I hope sincerely that he will be elected over the Progressives or these... vile Fascists!

Sorry. It's been a busy, flipping-between-work-and-illness week for me.

The Polls are Closed.

Phillip McCahill will be the Progressive Candidate.
Constant Blancharde will be the Republican Candidate.
Richard Milton-Spencer will run as an Independent.

Send platforms to me ASAP.

I am pleased to announce that John F Fitzgerald has agreed to be my running mate for the coming election.

At this stage I may wish to emphasise our shared hope that reform will increase the efficienc of public services. I could dwell on how the selection of an independent of great renoun shows the desire of the Progressive party to work towards non-partisan politics. It is posible that I would want to make it clear how strongly we want to prevent the sons of the world from dying in a needless war created by the political chaos in Europe. Instead, I will stress the following point, which in many ways made the foundations of my decision, in thanks for his kind acceptance of my offer:

My running mate and I have extensive experience in both business and government, despite my young age. We have both forged successful private enterprises in the financial sector. We have both sat at the head of the treasury and we have both been fighting against the depression in the last government, with as much success as could realistically be expected in these worrying times. This experience is invaluable, for otherwise the economy would be placed in the hands of total novices at a time when we are recovering from the worst economic disaster in American history.

The elections are right around the corner and this will probably be one of the most important elections ever. Americans choose, do they want change, or do they want the same. Change is what the Republican party will give America, and Americans deserve it. The Progressives have been in power for four years, and in those four years America wasn't a happy America. But during the Republicans twelve year reign America was extremely happy, the "roaring twenties" was what the Republican party gave to America. While the Progressives gave the economic depression to America...

My economic policy of spend more to get more, will help America get out of the economic slump faster and bring Americans back to work. My social policy is a great help to Americans and will increase America's happiness as a whole. My foreign policy will be fair and appropriate so that Americans don't get pulled into conflicts we do not need at this time.

- The winds of change: the Republican party, Vote Republican!

What Blancharde calls change would more accurately be called relapse. Relapse into the system where international capitalists exploit our country, where the people are crushed under unconstrained capitalism, where communist demagogues are fuelled, where our military is small and poorly equipped, where our country is given no sense of direction and purpose, where we are too cowardly to secure our honour, and required resources.

For true change, vote Milton-Spencer!

The future is fascism!

Change. That is what every candidate at these elections is offering, but the outcomes of these changes are liable to be so different.

The Republican party wants change, back to the time where the foundations for the depression were laid in their endless facade of fake growth, leading to the real possibility of its reoccurrence. They want change to a country once again under the thumb of big business, where the poor would suffer and the social security, health and education systems would be dismantled.

The Fascist party wants change, to a controlled economy, where innovation and competition are repressed, to the detriment of our wealth. Change to a country that will create wars across the world. Change to a country where discrimination is federally enforced and liberty and freedoms are repressed.

We in the Progressive party also wish for change. We want to make the public sector more efficient. We want to look at constitutional reform that would increase the liberties of our people, for example the provision of representation to the people of the District of Columbia.

More importantly though, I feel we need stability, which is something neither the Fascists nor the Republicans are offering. Stability in the economy, so we don't relapse into further recession. Stability globally, to prevent unnecessary wars. Stability politically, where we can reach over the party divide to govern more effectively.

Not only are the other parties not offering change that is right for America, they are not offering the stability we need to maintain prosperity in an uncertain global situation. That is why the Progressive party is still the right choice for America and that is why I hope you will vote for the Vice-President and me come November.

((Does BBB have all the platforms?))

Are change, can work and will work. I agree with the Progressives when it comes to the fascists, they will make America a radical nightmare of a nation. But the Progressives may be increasing our jobs at .1% but going that way would take way too long, and do you think Americans want to be in jobless for years to come. The Progressives had their chance, its gone now its time for the Republicans to show America what its made of.

- The winds of change: the Republican party, Vote Republican!

May I remind the honourable Congressman that politics is not about taking turns. People should be voting on policies and track records, rather than whose 'turn' it is. My platform is strong and my running mate and I have a strong track record both in business and government; I would argue that your policies are foolish and your track record less significant. Who is right is for the American people to decide.

As to the figures of job creation under the previous administration; yes, they weren't ideal, but in a global economic crisis, it's about as good as we could expect. Under Republican policies I'd wager more people would be out of work, more factories shut, more people suffering and starving in the streets. A government led by me would continue to provide subsidies and capital investment until such a time when the recovery is strong enough to sustain itself and the country is in no danger of what some economists are starting to term a 'double-dip' recession.

No, but the Progressives had their chances to change America, now its time for the Republicans to show Americans that we are the right party for change. Our economical policies would speed up the end of the depression. Our economic policies, will be the plan of spending more to get more, while we will continue government subsidies and also give more to the homeless. Also, promoting people to get jobs all around the country.

- For economical revival, Vote Republican!

The economy will revive sooner or later. What I would watch out about -and which is my main concern- is the diplomatic implications that a fascist inclined president may bring internationally. Will he abandon our traditional allies?

May I ask this fascist, or whatever he wishes to call himself, believes we should do about the economy (I, of course, ask this of both the Republican and Progressive candidates the same).

((Whistles alone))

General Jarvis III, my economic policies will get this nation out of the depression and into a era, that was under your fathers' presidency.

I. Spend more to get more; I would invest in infrastructure, businesses, construction, and more areas where I would spend to get more people to work.
II. The creation of the FWB; The Find Work Bureau, or FWB will be a government agency that will create more jobs, and help people find more jobs. This bureau will be set up all round the U.S.A and would bring thousands of jobs, and help people find jobs.
III. Continue government subsidies and funding to businesses to help them get along, and give people jobs.
IV. I would increase taxes to 20% to ensure a stable government intake of cash.
V. Keep both the NIRA and NARA intact.

This is the five point plan of the Republican party this coming election.

- The winds of change: the Republican party: Getting America, what they want faster

I am glad that the Republican candidate agrees the programs my Administration put in place are working and will continue them. I must object to his plans for a large tax increase at this time. With our economy still struggling we must not raise taxes and stifle the economic recovery. We can concentrate on balancing the budget once the economy has fully recovered.

President Ryan

In answer to the Good General's question I offer the following extract from the Manifesto of the Progressive Party:

Economic Policies
  • The continuation of industrial stimulus to boost the economy, until such a time as the recovery is secure.
  • An increase in capital expenditure to boost the economy; such as a project to create 'motorways' to connect our major cities.
  • An increase in regulation where necessary to ensure the economy is never in danger of such a serious recession again; such as the creation of mandatory capital buffers for retail and investment banking.
  • The provision of tax cuts for loans to small to medium businesses, which will help promote growth.
  • The continuation of progressive taxation polices.
((It is curious that the left seeks to cut taxes and the right seeks to raise them...))

I must say that I am most displeased at the current candidates running; neither seem to fit into the mold cast by my father, and in some cases, the Progressive candidate may be more in favour of laissez-faire than the Republican (however, Mr. McCahill's support for increased regulation, and what I believe increasing spending while decreasing taxes. may be unwise (though I do welcome most tax cuts)).

I ask Mr. Blancharde to move towards a more capitalist, anti-interventionist, platform; I understand some reform is needed, but I can hardly find any differences between either major party this cycle; though Mr. Carlsson is a welcome addition to my party's ticket.

Raise taxes, Congressman Blancharde? My father would be furious! More regulation, not less? What on Earth has the Republican Party come to?

Senator Max Ritter, R-MA

((theAhawk is right; this platform risks alienating a lot of the Republican base.))

II. The creation of the FWB; The Find Work Bureau, or FWB will be a government agency that will create more jobs, and help people find more jobs. This bureau will be set up all round the U.S.A and would bring thousands of jobs, and help people find jobs.

((In everything but name this already exists, President Terrance established it.))

May I ask this fascist, or whatever he wishes to call himself, believes we should do about the economy

The economy needs direction, thus I shall put in place price and wage controls along with factory quotas and the like in order to ensure that we are producing what is needed and it is available to the people at a reasonable price and that the American people get a decent wage. The unemployed shall be conscripted into the military or public service so that they aren't forced into the sorry situation of long term unemployment. We'd also introduce tariffs; this would give new energy to American industry, protect our markets from foreign exploitation, and add a source of revenue for our Treasury. Public works programs shall continue, however unlike now the vast bulk of them shall be for military purposes.

Last edited: