• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm assuming you have no problems with the articles of my bill? I don't have any problems with yours so I could just stick them on as further articles.

Perhaps This as A joint Bill?

The Joint Militia Limitation Act

Article 1. No militia may be raised within, or enter the premisis of the District of Colombia, or the surrounding counties, to ensure the conduct of politics without threat of force.

Article 2. The President may rule Article 1. invalid if at congressionally approved war with a foreign state.

Article 3. No Individual Militia may Have Offices in more than 12 States

Article 4. The Artillery pieces of militias shall be stored in Arsenals manned by federal troops and may only be accessed if the State Governor/Territorial Governor/President declares a state of emergency in the country or if a state of war exists.

Article 5. Persons with a criminal background may not receive a officers rank in any militia

Article 6. No militia may be raised by private persons or buisnesses. Recognized Political organizations, Sate Governments, And the Federal Government may still raise militias.

Before any law can be passed as of yet, I propose a raising of a Northern Anti-Slavery pro-workers militia! In the case of growing Southern hostility, we must have a weapon to strike at the heart of hatred should the federal government fall to the hate mongering SNP!

((I've included your bill and given you and your party credit in the original post, I don't think we should keep rewriting it for the sake of not cluttering the thread))

Before any law can be passed as of yet, I propose a raising of a Northern Anti-Slavery pro-workers militia! In the case of growing Southern hostility, we must have a weapon to strike at the heart of hatred should the federal government fall to the hate mongering SNP!

Really Cesar? I try to hammer out a piece of Bi-Partisan Legislation, with a whig no less, and you have to interject and try to break it up. This is Another example of it being Radical whigs threatening the Union, not the SNP or the SNM. I shall continue work on the bill.

I petition for a new clause be added to this bill stating that the Federal Government intervene in the case of war between 2 Militias and side with the Militia attacked first.

((I've included your bill and given you and your party credit in the original post, I don't think we should keep rewriting it for the sake of not cluttering the thread))

I Object to Articles 3 and 6 which is why I posted a revised act.
Edit: And I concur with Mr. Khurs Clause Addition

That shouldn't be necessary for there shalln't be any war, under a competent administration at least.

What are your problems with them?

The New York Sentinel: "The Militia Question - Ezekiel Brass, owner and editor"

State militias should not be politicized!

I hope President King and other abolitionist Whigs will join me in joining the moderate Whigs and the Democrats in this stance.

The National Union ticket shall be in the White House and shall defend the union and the law with the regular army, not enforce political goals with militia forces.

I hold no ill will against Mr.Vinograd, he has been a friend of the abolitionist cause and proven himself a true Whig time and time again; but this radical behavior will get us nowhere.

That shouldn't be necessary for there shalln't be any war, under a competent administration at least.

But what if such Radical and Militant Whigs ((Cesar)), see an opportunity to strike without fear of reprisals from the Government? Some sort of clause or bill should be made to make it illegal for open war between 2 Militias, such as the case with "Bleeding Texas".

Article 3: I fear That this would require the Immediate disbandment of the SNM wich would be a betrayal of Mr. Khur who would lose his party position which I am unwilling to do

Article 6: Considering the fact that the SNM acts as police in much of the south this seems unwise as well as our uniforms provide a symbolic rallying point for all southerners ((A.K.A law and order would suffer and it would damage my parties electability))

Edit: I again Agree with Mr. Khurs Point

((And remember my party is the only one that has a standing militia so everything I give here is a concession))

Does any of this currently going on meant to have implications for the game?

The bill proposed by Mr. Cameron and Mr. Davis is certainly passable, but there are a few things I personally find lacking. Primarily, I would like the esteemed gentleman from Georgia to offer his assurences that the militias of "recognized political organizations" will not be funded by taxpayer dollars. Just as a southern slaveholder would not like his money to go to a Whig-backed militia, the people of New York or Ohio will not be eager to fund a Southern regional militia.

I would like to know what a colonel, who has no legislative standing, is doing in shaping a bill that will pass through the Halls of the United States Congress.

Article 3: I fear That this would require the Immediate disbandment of the SNM wich would be a betrayal of Mr. Khur who would lose his party position which I am unwilling to do

Article 6: Considering the fact that the SNM acts as police in much of the south this seems unwise as well as our uniforms provide a symbolic rallying point for all southerners ((A.K.A law and order would suffer and it would damage my parties electability))

Edit: I again Agree with Mr. Khurs Point

Okay, I'll include a very carefully worded Article on the issue. The SNM is still allowed due to Article 4. Are the uniforms not the same as the state militia's uniform?

Texas was a case of rogue Southern militia fighting the Federal army. If it happens again a strong leader like Arthur King, or even despite his political differences a strong force of law and order like Mr. McAttack would surely respond with federal force again. The Davis Compromise is in the process of being approved to prevent further bloodshed, but if more Southern rogues attempt to violate further laws, I'm sure federals will be sent in again.

The bill proposed by Mr. Cameron and Mr. Davis is certainly passable, but there are a few things I personally find lacking. Primarily, I would like the esteemed gentleman from Georgia to offer his assurences that the militias of "recognized political organizations" will not be funded by taxpayer dollars. Just as a southern slaveholder would not like his money to go to a Whig-backed militia, the people of New York or Ohio will not be eager to fund a Southern regional militia.

Agreed, all funding for non state militias should be private

I would like to know what a colonel, who has no legislative standing, is doing in shaping a bill that will pass through the Halls of the United States Congress.

The Colonel is acting as the Mouthpiece of his whole party in congress. If Senator Hensdale wishes to make more contributions he will be welcome to do so. This is currently a open debate between all intrested parties.

((do you mean Khur? im not sure who you're talking about))

((I'm talking about Colonel Davis.))

Alright, Colonel Davis, I just wanted to make sure that there are no illegal dealings going on, as a non-elected member and an elected member, a whig, could easily distort the bill before it goes for a vote.

Okay, I'll include a very carefully worded Article on the issue. The SNM is still allowed due to Article 4. Are the uniforms not the same as the state militia's uniform?

The SNM was Created by Merging all State Militias in states whose legislatures were controlled by the SNP i.e. most every southern state at which point we standardized the uniforms (See the post that annouced its formations))