The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
These guys just made a non-aggression pact! Perfect for when a fanatical purifier seperates your empires, making war between the two of you practically impossible in the first place!

*gestures vaguely at wormholes, gateways, and the fact that the galaxy is a circle*

• 5Haha
Reactions:
Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 5.08.54 PM.png

"Though defeated, this villain's name will live on in infa-- wait, what? Oh, well, then I suppose it won't."

• 11Haha
Reactions:
*gestures vaguely at wormholes, gateways, and the fact that the galaxy is a circle*
Well, that would be a good argument, if it wasn't for the fact that it's 2246, I disabled gateways, and there's no wormholes near the Iklaxian Union.
Maybe they are just very optimistic and think they can take on the fanatic purifier?

Reactions:
Well, that would be a good argument, if it wasn't for the fact that it's 2246, I disabled gateways, and there's no wormholes near the Iklaxian Union.
Maybe they are just very optimistic and think they can take on the fanatic purifier?

I'm not a professional debater but I'd question whether *gestures vaguely* should count as an "argument".

Also the galaxy is topographically a doughnut, you can just go the long way around. Yes it's uphill, and coming back is also uphill thanks to the dark energy hyperlane gradient, but that's how it was back in my day. And we liked it!

Anyway, on topic, from a game this afternoon when I was surveying some systems which had been cleared by the Grey Tempest:

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 11.22.08 AM.png

Sad that Sol III lost all its pops but ... that's a nice moon.

How the heck did that happen?

• 5Haha
  • 3Love
Reactions:
I'm not a professional debater but I'd question whether *gestures vaguely* should count as an "argument".

Also the galaxy is topographically a doughnut, you can just go the long way around. Yes it's uphill, and coming back is also uphill thanks to the dark energy hyperlane gradient, but that's how it was back in my day. And we liked it!

Anyway, on topic, from a game this afternoon when I was surveying some systems which had been cleared by the Grey Tempest:

View attachment 962010

Sad that Sol III lost all its pops but ... that's a nice moon.

How the heck did that happen?
Also known as a Musical Moon.

SOLLLLA

As I promised a few posts back, behold the dissociative personality disorder Hive Mind.

View attachment 962053
Gotta keep those amenities up, and that deviancy low. This isn't actually that hard to do accidentally, for hives. It's just odd that the AI did it: usually it makes way too many amenities, instead of the inverse.

No livestock were involved?

Gotta keep those amenities up, and that deviancy low. This isn't actually that hard to do accidentally, for hives. It's just odd that the AI did it: usually it makes way too many amenities, instead of the inverse.

No livestock were involved?
I see this frequently with progenitor hive AI empires, as these are not always very good at making sure they have the progenitor feature if they lose their homeworld and get a huge stability penalty when they are lacking that.

Amusingly, I've seen this also result in a single-planet progenitor hive AI empire rebelling against itself, completely eliminating/superseding the previous empire... I suppose one planet just isn't big enough for two hive minds.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
My vassal exactly 1 seconds after I accepted their plea for protection.
20230329200908_1.jpg

• 8Haha
Reactions:
So what exactly is the difference between a mining district and a mining district?
20230330175525_1.jpg

• 3Haha
Reactions:
So what exactly is the difference between a mining district and a mining district?
View attachment 962560
One is capped by deposits (regular ones), one isn't (machine world special ones). How did this even happen? Did they break the mining building so it provides the +4 of the original districts even on machine worlds? I'm pretty sure that's never been broken before!

• 2Like
Reactions:
View attachment 962560

You got a rich minerals modifier on the planet, which usually adds mining districts.

You got a Machine World which is supposed to use its own kind of mining districts, not the default ones.

My guess is the planet modifier adds default ones.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You got a rich minerals modifier on the planet, which usually adds mining districts.

You got a Machine World which is supposed to use its own kind of mining districts, not the default ones.

My guess is the planet modifier adds default ones.
Yeah, that's it.
Normal mining districts are not excluded from being built on machine or hive worlds, so it's only the usual lack of modifiers or deposits that hides them.

Edit: I misread something, scratch that.

Yeah, that's it.
Normal mining districts are not excluded from being built on machine or hive worlds, so it's only the usual lack of modifiers or deposits that hides them.

Edit: I misread something, scratch that.

I think it's usually the lack of Features which removes default districts.

Modifiers are separate from Features.

I think it's usually the lack of Features which removes default districts.

Modifiers are separate from Features.
Yeah, Features are Deposits, hence "lack of modifiers or deposits".

Still, that's weird. I'm pretty sure I've had this exact situation a few versions ago, but I didn't have both districts.
The only time I had that happen was when I experimented making "Mastery of Nature" grant unlimited rural districts on all planets.