The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This one is fun. Who exactly are we taking Simbirsk from?

C6E1AA3D2890E2935BC56615EE4CC4DD799E7159

I couldn't see that part of the world, and my best guess is that some rebels or another have taken it? :huh:

Overseas provinces are far cheaper, and Guantanamo was apparently just inside the limits for GBR when Northumberland decided to peace out.

This MIGHT have been true if they ever seized these lands - which they couldn't without a navy...in fact, it seems that Northumberland was forced out of GB by rebels and for some reasons unknown to me they got claims on ALL of Cuba in the progress. I guess they White Peaced and some rebels (GB had many of them there) just turned the province over to Northumberland?

Still, it is strange to see a 2PM with one province in Europe and one in North America.

What exactly is particularily strange here? ((Except Ireland and Scotland who should've been eaten by ENG a long time ago.))
Scandinavian clusterfuck, the mess in Eastern Europe, Portugal not colonizing where it should, French Japan, Russia ignoring Crimea and Lithuania...

EDIT:
s78kJCjowI.jpg

Oh, really?

Could be. I didn't have any contact with them.

Yeah, this kind of thing happens. Recently, in my current game, me (Prussia) and Russia were fighting over a province that was, at the start of the war, in the hands of the, now non-existent Livionian Order, but now belongs to Sweden who isn't even involved.

Habsburg comeback.

This MIGHT have been true if they ever seized these lands - which they couldn't without a navy...
Since their enemy has provinces they cannot reach by land, their AI will build transport ships - if Britain had no garrison their, it's perfectly possible that Northumberland took that province (especially if HM got owned by rebels). ((AI's do not suffer any sort of naval attrition in any and all PDS games having naval attrition.))
Russia ignoring Crimea and Lithuania...
That's almost normal these days.

Scandinavian clusterfuck
Denmark isn't able to keep the occasional Norwegian Nationalists at bay, cause the AI is f*cking bad at amphibious invasions in general. Just start up a game as Sweden and watch Denmark to beat these pretenders on Gotland.

the mess in Eastern Europe
Well, the AI has never been a border nazi.

Portugal not colonizing where it should
That's why it's a sandbox game - not a history book.

French Japan
While quite unspectacular gameplay-wise (uncolonized at start and nobody lasting takes exploration/expansion in the area), it's strange from a history perspective. Took that for Korea-blue.

I don't know if this is strange or not, but at least I have never seen any event quite like this. Neither in EU4 nor in EU3.

3E1Fa2Z.jpg

And about the post before: Northumberland never ever had a navy. They did not when I vassalized them - right after the screenshot - and they never fought any wars but their War of Independence. They didn't even produce a single Cog until I annexed them. And I never saw anything green above this province - only years of black from some Rebels.

So I guess they got their claims when they broke free from England. Or when rebels gave them this province they just claimed the others.

In any case: It IS strange to see Northumberland with an American colony.

Oh dear won't someone help the pope? He's turning Protestant!

28FCE04EB7F891074E60B5487411F000E3476CA3

Damn, Protestant pope gonna be a p-what? Roma didn't convert? Maybe it'll happen if the country breaks though.

F992E155DA512799C694D822F0834FE893FF511D

Ottomans to the rescue!

8D6616C5D32AA0B4543396291201E5FEE1425DE1

Yes, they really did wipe out the zealots then left to keep fighting Venice.