• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Arnulf Floyd: I remember that AoE2 campaign from back in the day. Quite the reminder that Attila was one scary man. I hoped to recapture a little of that same "Dark Age" feel, so it's very gratifying to hear that it appears to be working! Thanks for commenting!

@Nikolai: Thank you, and a very astute observation. Although I'm starting to wonder if there are any characters in this tale who aren't going to be big trouble...

@iain_a_wilson: Thank you, old chap! I'm still waiting to introduce some characters who take the level of scheming from underhanded to... ah... overhanded. :confused:

This AAR reminds me of opening cut-scenes from Attila the Hun campaign from old AOE2 which I've played in 2009, I heard narrator's voice when read all chapters:) I like so much story and intrigue which inspires my semi-fantasy medieval novel:D

Now that you mention it, that does remind me of that. Man, mentioning that game brings back memories.

@Kylia Quilor: I'm very glad to hear it. I remember playing that game back in the day as well. That's exactly the sort of feel I wanted this story to have.

@All: Good news -- my hiatus is coming to an end. I'm working on the next chapter of The Last Goth, in which Aurelio and his allies pursue the traitor Silo deep into the ancient land of Gallaecia. As a little preview (and just a little bit of nostalgic fan service), I thought I'd share the theme music for the next update with you (see the link below). Thanks for your continued support. I hope you'll enjoy the next chapter once it's ready.

A THEME FOR CRUNIA

uUjUTNk.png

Excellent news

Incredibly auspicious timing: just as I finish work for the academic year and am finally able to give this the attention it deserves, I discover I’m the thread has been revived. Excellent. :)

Brilliant stuff, AP. Plenty of deft weaving and scheming going on. I get little to no time to play during term but it really makes me want to start up CK2 again.

Looking forward to the next chapter!