• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Choosing Sides​

Kurt-schuschnigg.jpg
Kurt Schuschnigg, Austrian Chancellor.

The Spanish Civil war proved to be a short affair, with the Republican government formally surrendering on January 1st, 1937. The Republic had little hope of gaining victory from the beginning of the civil war, as the Nationalists had taken Madrid and most of the other major cities, and were much more popular with the common people. The cutoff of German aid in September allowed a brief Republican advance to menace Madrid, but it would prove to be a last desperate attack, causing the Republic to exhaust it's limited reserves completely and leading to a quick collapse.

Germany was busy with other matters as well during the the Spanish Civil War, in particular seeking to build an alliance that could serve as a counter-weight to the powerful Franco-British alliance that currently dominated Europe. Austria was a logical first choice, with a population that had strong cultural ties to Germany, so strong in fact that many felt the two nations should be united. While Austrian Chancellor Kurt Schuschnigg was opposed to a political union, he was quite willing to form a close military alliance with Germany.

250px-Mikloshorthy.JPG
Miklós Horthy de Nagybánya, Regent of Hungary.

Hungary, Austria's partner in the recently deceased Austro-Hungarian Empire, was equally eager to seek an alliance with Germany. Like Austria they were favorably disposed towards an alliance with Germany due to the fact that the two Empires had been allied in the Great War. Hungary had also been greatly reduced from it's size under the Empire, and revanchist sentiment and a desire to restore what were seen as Hungary's rightful borders was also widespread.

GeorgiKioseivanov.jpg
Georgi Kioseivanov, Prime Minister of Bulgaria.

Bulgaria's reason for aligning with Germany was much the same as Hungary's, the fact that the two had been allies in the Great War, and that Bulgaria also had territorial ambitions against all almost all of their neighbours.

250px-Atam.jpg
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, President of Turkey.

Turkey would complete the list of nations in the German alliance, and as Turkey was generally accepted as the successor to the Ottoman Empire would like all the other German allies be a member of the alliance from the Great War. While Turkey lacked the territorial ambitions of Hungary and Bulgaria, they were still quite worried by the presence of the Soviet Union on their border, and were still somewhat bitter towards Britain and France for the attempt to disassemble the Turkish state with the Treaty of Sevres.

Musso.jpg
Benito Amilcare Andrea Mussolini, Premier of Italy.

Mussolini's Italy and Franco's Spain would both maintain friendly relations with Germany, though they would not go so far as to join a formal military alliance. It is worth noting however that Italy and Spain did sign the anti-Commintern pact along with Germany's allies, and were generally considered to be in the German camp. Most likely Germany did not press the two states to conclude a military alliance due to their poor opinion of the Italian military, and Franco's burdens in repairing the damage of the Civil War.

Colijn.jpg
Hendrikus Colijn, Prime Minister of the Netherlands.

The last major diplomatic effort of Germany would be the conclusion of a nonaggression pact with the Netherlands. The pact was almost certainly motivated in part by Kaiser Wilhelm III's gratitude towards the Dutch for providing sanctuary for his exiled fimaly during the Weimar Republic. It was also seen as a move to confirm Dutch neutrality in the face of pressure from the Franco-British Alliance on both the Netherlands and Belgium to join.

The Allies would find themselves focusing much of their efforts not on trying sway new nations to their cause, but to maintaing those allies they had already gained. The Little Entente between Czechoslovakia, Romania, and Yugoslavia was showing serious signs of stress and a breakup of the three allies seemed eminent, and without those three nations the Allies would lack a Second Front on which to fight Germany. Poland had abandoned the Allies in 1934 to conclude a nonaggression pact with the Germans, Belgium had withdrawn from the Allies in 1936 in response to both Fracno-British passivity after the re-occupation of the Rhineland and the increasingly pro-German stance of many Flemings.

300px-Bismarck.jpg
300px-Heinkel_HE111K.jpg
Bismarck class battleship and Heinkel He 111

1937 would remain a year of relative calm, but marked by major military buildups by many nations, especially the Germans. Throughout the Reich men were being conscripted into newly forming divisions, while factories would pour out tanks, guns, and airplanes, and in the shipyards of Kiel and Wilhelmhafen keels were laid down for cruisers, battleships, and all manner of support vessels.

Draco Rexus: I should imagine it will prove rather interesting, exactly what happened shall be revealed in time...

Don't leave us hanging!

Quite a group of allies Germany has obtained and nice group of non-aggression agreements as well. If I were the leaders of Britain, France and the Soviet Union... I'd be a little apprehensive about Central Europe right about now! :cool:

Position

J-CWarBegins.jpg
The situation in China at the outbreak of war with Japan.​

China had been a nation steadily declining for nearly a century. Since suffering a humiliating defeat against Britain in the First Opium War in 1842, China had been divided into sphere's on influence, and riven with near constant rebellions and civil wars. The overthrow of the Qing dynasty and declaration of the Republic of China would only bring a brief respite before regional strong men and warlords seized power after President Yuan Shikai attempted to become the new emperor and end the Republic.

Chiang_kai-shek.jpg
Generalissimo Chiang Kai-Shek of China.​

The Kuomintang, headed by Generalissimo Chiang Kai-Shek, would eventually establish itself as the strongest faction within China. While nominally leader of China, the local warlords would still maintain great power in much of China, the Kuomintang was "too weak to lead and too strong to overthrow". Chiang favoured a strong internal focus, attempting modernise China and develop it's infrastructure. He would also engage in a massive campaign to wipe out the Communist Party of China, but would acheive little success.

It is no surprise that with China in such a sorry state, one of it's neighbours would eventually grow ambitious. In 1931 Japan had invaded Manchuria and set up the state of Manchukuo, with the deposed Qing Emperor as a puppet leader. Chiang had declared that the Japanese invasion would be dealt with after the civil war with the Communists was resolved, a move that was highly unpopular among many Chinese nationalists. Chiang would also launch campaigns against the warlords of Yunnan, the Guangxi Clique, and Shanxi, the latter of which would also fact a major Communist invasion.

On, December 12, 1936 Chiang was kidnapped by generals Zhang Xueliang and Yang Hucheng, who forced him to make peace with the Communists. The campaigns against the warlords in the south and north would continue though.

550px-Marco_polo_bridge_china_long.jpg
The Marco Polo Bridge​

On July 7, 1937 A Japanese detachment would demand the right to search a nearby town on the Chinese side of the border for a missing soldier. When the Chinese refused to allow this the Japanese bombarded the town and attacked, which quickly devolved into general warfare. The missing soldier was later found unharmed, but many feel the disappearance was little more than a pretext to launch a war Japan was clearly well prepared for.

China, on the other hand, was decidedly unprepared for the devastation of a full-scale Japanese invasion. Communist forces spread throughout Shanxi were quickly crushed and driven back into their stronghold, abandonding all of recently conquered Shanxi to the Japanese. Amphibious landings would also take place along China's coast, leaving Chinese forces on the northern front in danger of being outflanked. The only good news for China was that the warlords of Shanxi and Yunnan would quickly agree to a treaty with Chiang Kai-Shek, forming a united front agaisnt the Japanese invasion.

J-CWarMarch1938.jpg
Situation at the start of the 1938 campaign season.​

While Chiang would eventually manage to stabilise a battle line, by the time this was huge swaths of territory had been lost, including the capital city of Nanjing, which the occupying Japanese had devastated. While much of international opinion was in favor of China, there would be little more than small amounts of token aid for China's struggle, as well as a few advisors like Alexander von Falkenhausen.

However China was not the only area in which momentous events would occour. The signing of the alliance between Austria and Germany would stir up once more talk of a political union between the two states. Many Austrians felt that that their state was simply too small to be economically viable, a feeling certainly magnified by Depression. In addition, Austria had suffered something of an identity crisis in the wake of the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian Empire after the Great War, leading to the desire for union with Germany so that Austria could remain part of a great empire.

Chancellor Kurt Schuschnigg oppossed Anschluss, possibly because it would deprive him of his position as fascist leader of Austria. However, popular support for Anschluss was strong, and when faced with von Lettow-Vorbeck's suggesstion that a plebescite might be in order, had little choice but to arrange one. Schuschnigg would attempt several maneuvers to manipulate the vote, such as attempting to set the minimum voting age to 24 as the younger Austrians largely favored Anschluss, but von Lettow-Vorbeck would deftly call upon the League of Nations to ensure that the Anschluss plebescite woudl be fair. Observers from Britain, France, and the United States would supervise voting on March 13, 1938, and would certify the result of 63% in favor of Anschluss as having been fair and legitimate.

AnschlussGermany.jpg

Germany after the Anschluss.

Reaction among the Allies was fairly moderate, though there is little doubt that they were a bit miffed at being forced to give their approval to the voting process that produced the Anschluss. The London Times would compare the Anschluss to the Act of Union between Scotland and England which produced Great Britain, and it was widely agreed allowing such a union when the populace was clearly so strongly in favor of it was only right and proper. War Hawks like Churchill would simply console themselves with the arguement that Austria as a German province was not that different from Austria as a German ally, so it would not really effect Britain's chances in any potential war with Germany.

Draco Rexus said:
Don't leave us hanging!

Quite a group of allies Germany has obtained and nice group of non-aggression agreements as well. If I were the leaders of Britain, France and the Soviet Union... I'd be a little apprehensive about Central Europe right about now! :cool:

Is Draco the only person reading this any more?

In any case, Britain and France probably are a bit apprehensive, but are probably still counting on appeasement to deal with Germany. The Soviets are probably worried, but there's really not much they can do about it...

Not much to comment about in your last 2 posts i think. Pretty much what would be expeted.
Chzechosloviakia is another matter. Pressing for the Sudetenland and then respecting the souvereignity of the rest would seem most in character, but i wont mind being suprised either!
Question about earlier: Why is Schacht not armaments minister in your cabinet? Non-Nazi admin genius seems ideal.

Chengar Qordath said:
Is Draco the only person reading this any more?

No. :) It'll be interesting to see if Germany leaves Czechoslovakia alone. One could argue that the Sudetenland is a reasonable request but I think a "good" Reich would be satisfied with guarantees from the Czech regarding the ethnic Germans' rights.

Tensions

180px-Edward_Benes.gif
Edvard Beneš, President of Czechoslovakia.

Office of Reichkanzler Paul Erich von Lettow-Vorbeck:
April 15, 1938

Zenobia pulled out a map of Europe, and stabbed a finger down at Czechoslovakia. "Something needs to be done about this country." She declared.

Von Lettow-Vorbeck and Kaiser Wilhelm were both a bit stunned by her boldness and bluntness, though they had gotten somewhat used to it by this time. The Kaiser was the first to recover, asking mildly, "Why?"

Zenobia tossed a slightly surprised look at the Kaiser, as though the reasoning behind her statement should have been obvious. After a moment she explained, "Well, they form a rather large salient into your territory now that Austria has joined Germany, their border is heavily fortified and on good defensive terrain, and they happen to friendly with France and Britain, two nations that aren't exactly your best friends."

Von Lettow-Vorbeck gave a slow nod, "She has a good point Kaiser, the Czechs are potentially quite dangerous. Something should be done to address the situation."

"Well what exactly do you propose we do about them then?" The Kaiser asked, sounding a bit tense. "We've nothing to offer them in order to entice them away from the French and British, not to mention the promises we've made Hungary regarding Slovakia."

"Why not just offer them some of Poland?" Zenobia suggested.

"They wouldn't want any of Poland, no Czechs or Slovaks there." Von Lettow-Vorbeck explained.

"Oh right, the nationalism thing." Zenobia gave a slight shurg, "Doesn't make much sense to me, I mean they'll pay taxes just as well no matter what language they speak, but if it matters that much..." She trailed off and went back to looking over the map.

"Speaking of Nationalism," von Lettow-Vorbeck began, "I just had an idea of how to deal with this situation. There's a pretty large German minority in the Czechoslovakia, especially in the Sudeten area, which also happens to be where their best defences are. Maybe we could try something there, see about getting the Czenchoslovaks to cede the region to us. Without the Sudetenland they're much less of a threat."

Zenobia looked at von Lettow-Vorbeck incredulously, then responded. "How exactly are you going to convince them to hand of their the territory where all their defences are? Even with Nationalism on your side I don't think you can convince them to leave themselves utterly defenceless to a potential invasion..."

"Come now Zenobia," von Lettow-Vorbeck offered an amused grin, "Surely you have a bit of faith in my abilities."

* * *​

Zenobia arrived back at her rooms in the Imperial Palace to find Edana waiting for her. "Hey Zeno," she offered in greeting, "How'd the meeting about Czeko ... er Checko ... um ... that place go?"

"It went alright, but von Lettow-Vorbeck's got some idea of how to deal with them by out-negotiating them and taking advantage of some weird ideas people around here have."

"Oh, alright then." Edana chewed her lower lip, and nervously asked, "are you sure it's a good idea to be helping these people, it seems like they're rather aggressive..."

Zenobia gave a shrug, "Yeah, but according to them 20 years ago it was the other side being aggressive to them, and 20 years from now someone else will be getting aggressive with some other group. Since all of them follow this Jesus god instead of one of the evil ones I figure it's just normal political bickering, and they're all about the same morally."

"Yeah ... I guess you're right." Edana offered uncertainly. "And they have been pretty nice to us, giving us rooms in the palace and everything. I suppose considering all the nice stuff they've done for us it's polite that you help them out some to return the favor."

"Yeah, and since I do work for a war goddess it's pretty much natural I'd help out with their war if I was going to help with anything."

"Well," Edana offered with a grin, "I guess I can at least offer you a few prayers for good luck in your war planning."

* * *​

Hannover, German Reich:
September 21, 1938

Neville_Chamberlain2.jpg
Chamberlain proudly displays a copy of the Hannover Accords.

"Well Chancellor, are you willing to agree to these terms?" Neville Chamberlain had a clear note of eagerness in his voice.

Von Lettow-Vorbeck paused before answering as though considering the offer, though it truth is everything he had hoped to gain, and then slowly responded, "Yes Prime Minister, it is acceptable."

SudetenlandGermany.jpg

Germany with the newly added Sudetenland.

"Excellent." Chamberlain smiled, seeming quite pleased with himself. "Germany will receive the Sudetenland, and in exchange Germany will promise to respect the integrity of the Czech state, and will not make any further territorial demands. Now, I was wondering if you might also be willing to agree to a further resolution to resolve any disputes between our nations through peaceful means."

"Of course," Von Lettow-Vorbeck offered a smile of his own. "There has already been too much war in my lifetime." He paused a moment, and then added, "I don't suppose you'd be willing to give back German East Africa?"

Chamberlain chuckled, "Sorry Chancellor, but I don't think I can go handing over Tanzania just because you asked me politely."

Von Lettow-Vorbeck sighed dramatically. "In that case I might have to give up on peace and invade Britain to force you to give it back ... it is practically my second home..."

Chamberlain offered another chuckle, though now he looked slightly wary as well. "I should think if you ever tried that lovely little navy you've been building will end up being a very nice looking artificial reef in the North Sea."

"Or perhaps it is the British Royal Navy that would be sent to the bottom of the sea," von Lettow-Vorbeck offered, a slight bit of coldness slipping into his formerly mirthful tone. "Enough of such talk," he quickly resumed his old cheerful tone, "especially when we have just agreed to peace."

"Indeed," Chamberlain agreed, doing his best to pretend not to have noticed the slight bit of coldness in von Lettow-Vorbeck's tone. "A pity Japan and China are still fighting, if that could be sorted there would be peace throughout the world."

"Yes, but at least the Chinese have begun fighting the war much more effectively. Japan didn't do nearly so well this year as they did last year, perhaps as the Chinese grow stronger Japan will be willing to consider a negotiated peace."

ChinaSeptemeber38.jpg

Japanese line of avance at the end of the 1938 campaign season.

"We can only hope so, Chancellor." Chamberlain rose up from his chair and stated, "If you'll excuse me, I have a very enthusiastic public to tell about the agreement that has solved your worries over the Sudetenland and ensured that there shall be peace in our time."

Pablo8: I suppose Hitler's death was somewhat ironic, and it serves as yet another reminder to always be extremely careful when summoning and attempting to bind into your service a powerful being from another plane of existance that could easily kill you if it wanted to.

cthulhu: Well, calling von Lettow-Vorbeck's Germany "good" might be a bit of a stretch, it is still an empire with a fair bit of revanchism and expansionist ambition after all. Certainly it's good compared to Hitler or Stalin, but as I said before von Lettow-Vorbeck and the Kaiser are not planning to run around spreading peace, happiness, and love throughout the world. In any case, there were plenty of reasons, both nationalistic and pragmatic, to take the Sudetenland from Czechoslovakia.

Neroon: Well, Schacht's status as a Nazi is debatable, while he wasn't a member of the NSDAP he did help with raising funds for them and organising major industrialists to support Hitler. I would think in this Alternate timeline he would be a bit tainted by association with Nazis, though not utterly ruined. In any case the minister file labels him as National Socialist so he wasn't available.

Chengar Qordath said:
Well, calling von Lettow-Vorbeck's Germany "good" might be a bit of a stretch, it is still an empire with a fair bit of revanchism and expansionist ambition after all.
Well thats true for just about any nation in the 19th and early 20th century that was not UNO (under new ownership) already.

Chengar Qordath said:
In any case the minister file labels him as National Socialist so he wasn't available.
Ahh did not know that.

So Sudetenland is back in the fold. Now things should start diverging. The rump Chechoslovak state might make a good ally, but of course the Hungarians wont like that. Although i'd definetly say ignoring the accord and doing the historical thing would be out of character. If nothing else then L-V would not throw Germanys credibility overboard like that.
Perhaps Stalin strikes first in Eastern Europe scaring the others into an alliance with Germany.
Tanzania is of course going to be a very sore spot. The British should know that i'll mean a lot more to L-V personally than to them. Does not mean they'll willingly part with it though.
Oh and i'd like some info how your tech research and troop strengh is coming along in your next update.

Leave the Czechs alone!!! I would probably try to soften up the French, getting them friendly, then ask for Elsass-Lothringen.

Or I would sponsor coups in Belgium, since that is the French weak spot.

Broken Faith

daranyi.jpg
Kálmán Darányi de Pusztaszentgyörgy et Tetétlen, Hungarian Ambassador to Germany​

Office of Reichkanzler Paul Erich von Lettow-Vorbeck:
October 5, 1938

"Unacceptable!" Kálmán Darányi declared angrily. "You resolve the problems of the Sudeten Germans, but take no action about the Magyar population of Czechoslovakia. If Germany only cares for it's own interests perhaps Hungary should find different allies."

"Ambassador," Von Lettow-Vorbeck maintained a calm and level voice, "The Hannover Accords were only supposed to address the problems of Germans in the Sudetenland, not any other issues in the region."

"It is your duty to assist us in regaining our rightful lands, the lands you promised you would help us regain!"

"If you wish for arbitration Germany would be more than happy to..."

Kálmán Darányi gave a short humourless bark of laughter. "You really think Czechoslovakia would accept the nation that just stole a huge swath of territory from them as an arbiter?"

"Well, then perhaps you should simply try to come to a compromise with Czechoslovakia."

"We opened negotiations with them shortly after the Hannover Accords, but Czechoslovakia was not willing to offer anything remotely reasonable. Poland gained more success by simply taking what they wanted, perhaps Hungary would be wise to do the same."

Von Lettow-Vorbeck fixed Darányi with an annoyed scowl. "If you attack Czechoslovakia you will do so alone. Germany is bound by the Hannover Accords to..."

"If you care so much about your agreements with Britain," Darányi snapped, "then perhaps you should ally with them instead of us! It's all very well to moralise about agreements with Britain, but you made agreements with us as well! Consider that carefully." Darányi angrily stormed out of von Lettow-Vorbeck's office.

* * *​

March 10, 1939

"The Hungarians are mobilising along the border with Czechoslovakia." Kaiser Wilhelm III said wearily.

"Maybe it's just a negotiating tactic?" Von Lettow-Vorbeck suggested, though his tone indicated that his statement was more what he hoped was true than what he actually believed.

"It would be unwise to assume so," Zenobia stated calmly.

Von Lettow-Vorbeck sighed, and then reluctantly stated, "Then we must support the Hungarians against Czechoslovakia."

Both Zenobia and the Kaiser were stunned by von Lettow-Vorbeck's statement. "What about the Hannover Accords?" Kaiser Wilhelm protested.

"The promises we made to Hungary regarding Slovakia override the Hannover Accords. It is more important to keep faith with our allies than with a nation that will likely end up as an enemy."

Zenobia turned an angry glare at von Lettow-Vorbeck, her fists tightly clenched by her sides. "What you propose is dishonourable," she practically snarled.

Von Lettow-Vorbeck looked somewhat ashamed, but firmly stated, "less dishonourable than abandoning an ally. Also, if we break our agreement with Hungary then Bulgaria and Turkey will wonder if they can trust us to keep the promises we made to them in exchange for an alliance."

"I ... suppose you are correct Paul Erich." The Kaiser hesitantly agreed. "What exactly do you propose we do?"

"Armeekorps III and IX are nearby, as well as Panzerarmerr IV. If we move them to the border it may be enough to make the government accept Hungary's demands. What are your thoughts Zenobia?"

Zenobia frigidly answered, "If you insist on performing this dishonourable act you will do it without my help." With that she quickly turned about and left the room, pausing briefly at the door to tuck her wings inside her armor before entering the more populated parts of the palace.

Von Lettow-Vorbeck sighed as she departed, "Hopefully she'll help us once her anger subsides."

"I am not pleased either Paul Erich. You are correct that we must hold faith with our allies, but you should not have placed Germany in a position where we had no choice but to betray a promise, either to Britain or to Hungary."

"An error I regret, Kaiser."

"See that it does not happen again." Wilhelm sighed, and then softly added. "Do what must be done."

* * *​

hacha_emilx.jpg
Emil Hácha, the new President of Czechoslovakia after the Hannover Accords.

On March 11, 1939 the German Reich would declare it's full support of Hungary in it's dispute with Czechoslovakia, a move generally seen as a violation of the Hannover Accords. Germany had been placed in the difficult position of either violating the accords or abandoning their ally Hungary, one of Reichkanzler von Lettow-Vorbeck's few major blunders. The choice to support Hungary has remained a source of much controversy even into modern times.

Czechoslovak President Emil Hácha folded under the threat of a major German invasion in support of Hungary, and Czechoslovakia was reduced to the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia, nominally still independent but a de facto German province. German rule would remain relatively benign, though most Czechs were understandly angered by the loss of their independence, with frequent student demonstrations and other forms of political protest. The benevolent occupation policy kept armed resistance from being a major problem for Germany.

Despite their co-operation in dismembering Czechoslovakia, relations between Hungary and Germany would remain stressed for several months. German objections to Hungary's harsher occupation policies in Slovakia would be a major sore point of relations between the two powers, until Hungary eventually adopted the more benevolent policies used by Germany in Bohemia and Moravia.

France and Britain strongly protested the end of Czechoslovakia, but would take no action. However, the violation of the Hannover Accords would cause the policy of appeasement to fall out of favor in both these nations. Romania and Yugoslavia, which also had territorial disputes with Hungary in addition to Bulgaria, were deeply concerned to see Germany supporting Hungary's ambitions, and when assured that appeasement was no longer the policy of the Allies would rejoin.

PartitionedCzechoslovakia.jpg
After the Partition of Czechoslovakia.

ChinaMarch1939.jpg
China makes limited counter-attacks by March of 1939.

aussieboy: Negotiating Elsass-Lothringen away from France would be impossible without liberal use of hypnosis or mind altering drugs. The Czechs had be neutralised as a threat to Germany, and after that Germany was trapped by promises they had made to secure an alliance with Hungary. As for Belgium, I have different plans for them.

Mettermrck, Pacer: Glad you're enjoying it. :)

Neroon: Sorry if you don't agree with Germany taking a different policy from what you had predicted, in the end they got stuck in a rather difficult situation of either breaking the Accords or betraying Hungary, either way their credibility would have been pretty badly damaged. Von Lettow-Vorbeck is going to have to be careful about not making any more mistakes like that.

Tech-wise I'm sticking with fairly conventional choices, improving infantry, armor, and doctrines are top priority, also keeping up to date with electronics, synthetic oil and aircraft, and about to start on the assembly line industrial techs; no rocket or nuke research yet.

Here's the state of the Reichswehr as of March 16, 1939

Rechsheer
108 Infantry divisions (22 divisions recruiting)
24 Armored
2 Headquarters
(12 motorized divisions recruiting.)

Kaiserliche Marine
10 Bismarck Battleships (Five under construction)
11 Nurnburg Cruisers (4 under construction)
12 Transport Flotillas.

Luftwaffe
12 Bomber squadrons
9 Multi-role fighter squadrons (3 squadrons recruiting)

So, we're rapidly approaching Danzig. In wonder if the Kaiser will go the way of Hitler. Also, I must say I'm a bit confused at Zenobia's lack of morality. Sure she has a sense of honor, like a knight perhaps, but I can't see any angelic in her views and actions. But maybe I'm wrong to expect her to act like a christian angel would do.

In any event, great writing, more please. :)

Well i'll agree that gamewise your choice was definetly the best one given that you have cores on Czechia. And since there is no such thing as a defensive alliance in HOI2 you would have had to back Hungary in a war of agression.
Because in RL i think not helping Hungary in a war it started would have cost much less credibility than violating the Hannover treaty. Best option for L-V: Try and get Czechoslovakia to pre-emtively attack Hungary, than he can join in without loosing face.
Never mind that now. I think you can still win the war. ;)
I'd just have liked to avoid the Allied guarantee to Poland and then see what happens next.
Still interested in what happens next though! :)