• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just finished watching. Great Idea.
About lengh: I don't think you should aim for a certain amount of time, more like one full "chapter" with varying lenghts. Examples:
- Invasion of Poland
- Transition from Conquest of Poland to Begin of Attack on France
- Invasion of France
- Transitional Period
- Invasion of Balkans or Scandinavia or....

Could not get a working connection to the big files though :( , small ones look quite good, too though. :)

Fatality: Thanks a lot, i will upload them on Megaupload and if you could have them as i back up that woulld be great of course.

bluermonkey:
yea im guessing most ppl must have broadband to DL them in a decent time, and i feel kind of sorry for ppl with dial-up (i remember the times vividly) so ill try to keep a balance. Maybe i can zip them in a package later on

stnylan: yes the clip is from the intro from HoI2, i just took a small part and mixed it up to make it fit the music.

coz1:
thanks and i will keep them around app. 3 min. Good to see you enjoyed it and indeed i thought it would give an interesting change in pace to give information on the Japanese front.

Neroon:
Thanks, and too bad the big file didnt work hope it will get better in future.

I was thinking to make the chapters something like that as well. But i think they length will differ too much so i will try to maintain a good difference between the episodes but still the time is a constraint. I also thinking about having episodes on a longer period (months) and some episodes for a smaller incident and look into detail at what happened.

Very cool, OV. :)

I downloaded some with Kazaa and others after long searches on the Internet. Its too bad cause a lot of those sites with old clips dont work anymore and are really from the early days of the internet. I try to get as much as possible and work from that. I looked really long for the famous quote of Chamberlain 'peace in our time', but without much succes, one site lets you pay for those clips but unfortunately im not that wealthy.

episode35pi.jpg

Episode III: The Countdown

The third episode spans over the week before World War 2 and brings you back into time as the world is plunged into another war.

Download the episode now:

Filesize: 28 Mb
Duration: 3:24
Videosize: 640 x 480
Best viewed: Fullscreen

Filesize: 7.8 Mb
Duration: 3:24
Videosize: 320 x 240
Best viewed: 200%

PS. A special thanks goes out to Lord E for aiding in the production and showing me the light. Feel free to comment on all aspects of the movie, and again if anyone has any clips they are most appreciated.

Kaiser Franz said:
truly an innovative AAR.....well done, this is excellent. Very very original!
Thanks, myself and i heard many others were planning such a thing, but never dared to.

Deo89 said:
Oh BTW is this just a documentary, i mean it's gonna have a historical or ahistorical outcome?
Well I am playing a hoi2 game so it wont be 100% historical.

But for the game i am planning to follow a 'historical' approach and follow a similar path. However i will make other choices, but the result i do not know as of yet, because i still have to play (am now in november '39).

Episode 3 was very nice, now we have arrived at the outbreak of the Second World War, very well done. So now we have arrived at war, I presume we shall soon see German panzers deep into Poland, and then on to the west. Looking forward to next episode :D

Oranje Verzet said:
PS. A special thanks goes out to Lord E for aiding in the production and showing me the light. Feel free to comment on all aspects of the movie, and again if anyone has any clips they are most appreciated.
No problem I am only glad to be able to help :)

That radio snippet from Neville Chamberlain I think is one of the more haunting pieces of audio. What was, in my opinion, so impressive about this episode was its use of silence, not just music. I counted it - ten seconds from those fateful words until the breakin into O Fortuna. Pure brilliance. On a similar theme, a very effective black screen at that time as well.

Thanks, it is like you are reading my mind.

I wanted to have one last episode in which the futility of war is shown and use the silence for the storm. I had those clips and the events in those few days are just very interesting. Could make two movies about those couple of days, its never really been shown what happened in those days before WW2.

The next episode im working on now and i wish i could show a clip. But i found a lot of new material and its gonna be a double length episode. I also have access to more speech material so i hope i can use that as well.

This is one great documentAARy.
I really like it.

episode45tb.jpg

Episode IV: Fall Weiss

The fourth episode is a complete overview of the Polish Campaign. An extra long episodes containing the offensive of the Germans and the events that occured.

Download the episode now:

Filesize: 55.9 Mb
Duration: 6:28
Videosize: 640 x 480
Best viewed: Fullscreen

Filesize: 16 Mb
Duration: 6:28
Videosize: 320 x 240
Best viewed: 200%

PS. The episode is extra long because i did not want to split things up, so sorry if it takes too long to DL. My mass production has come to an end and i think updates will be less frequent the coming week (exams).

Thanks wolfhound.

EDIT: The smaller version doesnt show the subtitles very well, sorry for that. I also noticed that Windows Mediaplayer can be a bit laggy, if you use Cyberlink power dvd it runs smoother (or any other ind. player)

Last edited:
Just watched episode 4. It was very well done, and I liked that it was a little longer than the previous ones. It felt good to get the entire campaign in one update :) Nice work

Just watched episodes 3 and 4...wow! This remains truly impressive. The lead up to war with Poland was handled well, as was the chilling nature of Chamberlain's speech. And the invasion was gripping. The musical touches added very well to the feeling of impending doom for the Poles, capped by a most haunting image of the boy in the rubble. Outstanding! I can't wait for more!! Can we just award an OscAAR now? ;) :D