• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Colwin1

Major
62 Badges
Mar 13, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Pillars of Eternity
Edit: Why do the imgur links not work? They worked in the past?

What follows are excerpts from a torn and beaten journal, dated approximately from 1936. Many pages are either damaged or torn, so the record is incomplete...

My name is Roman Friedrich Nickolaus von Ungern-Sternberg

2m2SEcK
NOaZaW2.jpg

There were things I saw in the fires of The Civil War. Carnage that the rest of Europe cannot imagine even after seven years of war. I saw forms of death so terrifying that I refuse to describe them. Our world is broken, and I am the only one to realize it.

Unity might have been possible in the days before The Weltkrieg, but it that is now an impossibility. What was there is gone. Austria is broken, America weak, The Entente in flight. Even beloved Russia is no more. There is only a hollowed out husk of Russia That Was. There is an Order of sorts in the world, but it is more fragile than ever. The German’s claim a place in the sun and leadership over the whole of the world. But so many hate them for what has occurred since 1914 that Unity will never come.

skq21pf
GRUiXRR.jpg

The Syndicalists promise order and unity through their world revolution. I cannot deny how France has miraculously revived itself since 1919, but they are short sighted. Syndicalism is too concerned with immediate happiness and comfort to make the sacrifices necessary for true Unity.

2HTFUH5
gRHnkxC.jpg

The Entente offers little in the way of either. Canada lacks the centralized leadership needed to bring Order even to their alliance, and they are not strong enough to enforce either Unity or Order in this world. I am truly sympathetic to them and their cause. But they will not be able to do what needs to be done to preserve humanity.

BlifNCg
SE4ldeD.jpg

x2N9UEm
N1GO6a2.jpg

In the fires that consumed Russia That Was I found a new purpose. I have secured Mongolia as the center from which I will save this world from what will come. Order and Unity must be brought to the whole of mankind or else we will be destroyed by the same fires that destroyed Russia That Was. This road will be hard. Mongolia is not the greatest power in the world as it used to be. But anything is better than nothing, and no matter how far we come I will be surrounded by enemies until Order and Unity is brought to the world.

vyicuks
C5j0kN5.jpg

GHfHgtf
GvkVpo1.jpg

To the East is China. Weak and divided as it is, the resources there could prove useful. But the Germans and their puppet Pu-Yi control the heart of it, and the region is unstable. The Japanese are also a threat to our aims, for they seek to make slaves of the Chinese as they have the Russian people in Vladivostok.

kwKLNvI
ywFv9jM.jpg

To the North is what remains of Russia. The nation is weak and infirm, unable to even preserve its major cities in the face of Japanese aggression and instability at home. Russia will likely not survive what is coming in its current state. But thankfully Kerensky suits my goals well. With him in charge, Russia is too weak to stop me from securing what I need to save this world. When the time comes I will remove him myself and bring Russia into the fold.

To the South is where we must begin…

6u2UDyc
UMmjSVE.jpg

The warlords of the Ma Family are corrupt and evil. They claim legitimacy through their Islamic faith but it does little to save those they have crushed under their heels. But there are some there who could be useful. Many of their soldiers are competent, if only to avoid being discarded by The Ma’s and left with no way to care for their families. Those who survive will make good additions to my cause. There will be no love for what I must do. So many will have to die in order to save us all. But I will do it. I must do it.

For I am the only one who can…

Last edited:
An interesting introduction, 1st person of course as befits Ungern!

Also, in BBCode, tags like need to have a valid address to the actual picture, and also be closed off with a /img tag at the end of the address. So like this:

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/hriOZ9t.png[/img]

Hope that helps!

An interesting introduction, 1st person of course as befits Ungern!

Also, in BBCode, tags like need to have a valid address to the actual picture, and also be closed off with a /img tag at the end of the address. So like this:

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/hriOZ9t.png[/img]

Hope that helps!
Ok I don't get it. I am clearly doing something wrong here.

This looks fun.

Ok I don't get it. I am clearly doing something wrong here.
If you are not already using it, Imgur has a option for posting to forums which has all the relevant code which I generally use.

This looks fun.

If you are not already using it, Imgur has a option for posting to forums which has all the relevant code which I generally use.
Thank you for pointing that out! It worked! Expect the next part later this week everyone!

Excited to read about Ungern's latest adventures...best of luck :)

Seems interesting! : D
Lets hope you wont get screwed by a simultaneously Japan Qing attack :eek:

As the days roll by I see the world has begun to shift again. The winds tell me that many great things are soon to happen.

x8siLNd.jpg

L4Fgax3.jpg

Kerensky is dead… Russia is in even more chaos…

Russia has brought back a Romanov to lead their democracy, and it seems that for now things will continue as they are. But the people of the Alash Orda have broken away in full. It is time for us to make our first move…

W4DLDkr.jpg

5Ssp1VG.jpg

Yet more good news comes today. The Chinese New Year has come and gone and Emperor Pu-Yi has decided that everything is fine, and there shall be no attempts to strengthen China. The boy is as much as puppet as he is a fool, and I will see him dethroned and China united myself.

w6Xg4H1.jpg

It suddenly feels like a good thing that we are isolated from the world. Germany’s stock market has collapsed, and the world reels as their markets come crashing down. Pathetic. No great leader would allow that to happen.

IFkBk7U.jpg

gM9wNLx.jpg

The syndicalists have ended their elections, and like The Qing, will continue as they have. It is clear that no one sees what is coming. No one save for me. Not even the supposed Internationale will be able to fight against the darkness. Only a strong state, united by my vision can do it.

aKeCAlN.jpg

Xct3IPK.jpg

The Tibetans have agreed to an alliance, one that will divide the Ma’s between us. We now stand ready to begin the process of uniting this world. Unity and Order must be brought to us all, lest we all be destroyed.
GxShjdH.jpg

Last edited:
Wondering if the good baron plans to establish a Yuan Dynasty 2.0 in China.
:cool:

Wondering if the good baron plans to establish a Yuan Dynasty 2.0 in China.
:cool:
Oh you will see.

Also I thank everyone for their patience. A combination of laziness, life, and fear that I would suck has kept me from updating. To make up for this a second post is coming shortly!!!

4bmYVnJ.jpg

As the world deals with the aftermath of this “Black Monday”, the alliance with Tibet brings us benefits, as they share their technological developments with us. I will be sure to put these to good use against our common and future enemies.

YBoR70V.jpg

The elections in Japan have seen no change of power. Japan will not deviate from its path of domination in Asia. We shall see who emerges victorious. There will be no Divine Wind when I strike. Japan, like Mongolia, is isolated from the effects of Black Monday. As the rest of the world deals with the crisis, both of us will take advantage of everyone else’s weakness.

lPH6rnY.jpg

This weakness is made even more apparent as Germany tries to control spending by leaving MittelAfrika and The AOG to fend for themselves. Anything that weakens my enemies in China is good for me.

bJSLJ7d.jpg

I miss many of the amenities I had back in Russia That Was. I have brought electricity and unity to Mongolia, and now at my direction The CMP has developed census tabulating machines. We have so little available that every last man, bullet, and horse must be accounted for.

i8FiT8A.jpg

Even more important is the improvement of our field hospitals. Every man that dies makes it more difficult for us to carry out The Unification.

At Berlin’s direction MittelAfrika will seek to acquire Portugal’s colonies, in exchange for helping Portugal deal with economic ruin. I like Goering. Given the chance I will bring him into my command.

OYC4k8i.jpg

Someone burned the head office of the AOG. A sign that they are unpopular if there ever was one. Their board of directors are stubborn, and will keep their headquarters right where it was yesterday.

frYexc4.jpg

It doesn’t surprise me in the slightest that Portugal would not give up their colonies. Without Angola and Mozambique, Portugal is nothing.

gjasCpE.jpg

I officially rescind my offer to Goering to join me. He has refused to fight a war he will win without struggle. Cowardice like that has no place within my nation.

9carFwD.jpg

The pieces begin to move. His Royal Lunacy Amanullah Khan has picked a fight he cannot win. His regime is fragile, and only a short victorious war will save him from being deposed. Given his absolute stupidity, he naturally chose the worst of his four opponents. Weakened as they are, The Entente has some strength left, and will have no problem smashing the Afghan army.

77I6NBo.jpg

Yet another showing of cowardice from the “civilized” world. The Irish could not contest the Union of Britain showing off their massive ships in The Irish Sea. They could have sought the aid of Germany or even Canada to keep London off of their backs. Now there is no saving them, and London will once more rule the Irish.

LC3opiM.jpg

China is quite exploitable. The world profits from the port cities that have been taken from China and given to the imperialists. Mongolia is not powerful enough to get a share. Therefore one day I will have to take all of the shares.

jtJGt1F.jpg

The AOG continues to make problems for China. Black Monday has rendered their corporate state unprofitable. The Board of Directors is making the correct business decision and closing factories owned by The Qing. This should clean up their balance sheet somewhat.

hPKIDvm.jpg

After months of waiting, it is time to strike. My words and claims has caused the Mongols living within Ma territory to rise up against their oppressors. They now beg to be saved by my forces. Let this be the hour where The Unification begins…

1oCPtPq.jpg

Time to unify the Mongols. The first important step.

Time to unify the Mongols. The first important step.

Of course! All that was lost will be regained!
Also I'm sure China will be difficult to digest, but I think @Colwin1 can pull it off!

The Qing weaken themselves further by allowing the German owned factories to close, likely forever. It is almost as if Pu-Yi WANTS to be overthrown or conquered. I will gladly grant his wish one day.

VjTsMv0.jpg

In international developments, The Germans have sold off Crete to The Ottoman Empire. What nation in this day and age would sell people to a foreign state as if they were slaves?

Gy8Cx1D.jpg

April 11th, 1936 shall be a most momentous day in Mongol history. The Ma Family has chosen to fight us to continue their oppression of the Mongol people. We will not stand for this, and with our Tibetan allies, we shall crush these warlords and begin The Unification.

eEnDuOR.jpg

I do not know how long we have, but the world must become one…

uDQAlx3.jpg

The Shangqing rebels have been hiding in the mountains of Yan’an for a long time now. They have finally begun moving, taking Lanzhou and Yinchuan from the Ma’s. Like many, they hold ambitions to claim the whole of China. The skills of their researchers and the resources of the land will serve my empire well.

yFEMCkm.jpg

Badrak is competent. He has moved into Bayan Hot, trapping Ma forces in Linhe and freeing up other forces to strike south. I pray he will continue to serve me well.

fIVcT8m.jpg

The Ma are as stupid as they are evil. Their troops have been caught and surrounded in Aletai, leaving me free to march right into their capital. There is no hope for them now.

Y4MVUbb.jpg

Tibet has done as little as I would expect. They are not a warmongering people by nature. But their mere presence in this war ensures that their men cannot move north, giving me every advantage of tempo and force that I could get in this fight.

YfWvxoj.jpg

I am looking forward to watch The Great Coward back down from this plan after The Kaiser approves it.

FQaR1AG.jpg

As expected. The Kaiserreich is greedy, and consumes all resources without thought. There are few who can be called better though.

h4GeCKr.jpg

My skill as a commander grows, as the men of Aletai continue to put up resistance. Once they are broken the way south will be open.

sMu47im.jpg

The Third Internationale is about to meet. They feign unity but when the time comes they will all die separate. Only the unity I, Ungern Von Sternburg can bring, will protect our people from the night.

srtmoYW.jpg

The Ma have given up it seems… I do not mind… perhaps I will give them a quick death when the time comes. Still bloody and painful, but quick none the less.

JAFyg2B.jpg

The troops trapped in Aletai broke out east, but we have swiftly reacted and driven them back.

5s7ugnD.jpg

With Yumen secured, we can begin turning the flanks of the Ma forces. For this, now general Badrak is leading the charge.

myoIilq.jpg

General Mahmud has finally reached Aletai, leaving the Ma troops fleeing East. I shall support their final destruction, then my main force will finally turn towards Qumul… The Ma Tyrants continue to fight for now. It is a shame to put their troops to waste.

WmBGsVR.jpg

The Ma will merely be the first to bow before the might of the Khan

10wPXKy.jpg

Panama collapsed into chaos, and to the credit of America and the nearby United Provinces they stepped in and ended the struggle before it could turn out worse for everyone.

siw3JCf.jpg

That same day we successfully pushed the enemy out of Zhangye.

0In1MJQ.jpg

With my assistance, General Mahmud will destroy these isolated Ma troops. Breaking them will secure my rear and allow me to begin the final push. May he win much glory for himself.

s459X1b.jpg

The next engagement comes at Xining. A victory here will allow us to turn the flank of the Ma divisions, which will make the strike on the capital easier.

pUs7tpJ.jpg

Olgii is ours once again. Mahmud has been redeployed south to join me in the final push.

ExNHcux.jpg

Lt. General Choibalsan has been sent west now against Qumul. The stronghold there guards the Ma capital and prevents me from launching my final assault. We will see victory through here.

bOcI8yW.jpg

It fell all too quickly.

uDxU6Sn.jpg

In the chaos of the war I forgot to direct new research projects until it was brought to my attention that we had finished development of a Mongolian version of feed tabulator. New projects are quickly assigned.

HC6PjIN.jpg

This map I have drawn here represents the battle lines when I began the final assault on the Ma capital. Tibet has performed better than I expected, and several divisions have been trapped, leaving the Ma’s without many of their troops to defend their last stronghold.

TYNcwgL.jpg

I found fewer troops than I expected in Urumqi.

30OwtH2.jpg

On June 30th the Ma’s surrendered. We are victorious.

Ma down, many to go