• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice to see this make a re-appearance.

New World Order
1944-1946

With the British home islands firmly in Japanese hands the fate of the United Kingdom was inevitable. Germany declared victory nearly a month later.

tOXGMGu.jpg

Although neutered, the remaining Allies continued to battle on. Even in the most remote areas of the world IJN forces ensured continued hostilities remained futile.

Hje94qT.jpg

jjuTIfr.jpg

Seeking to root out bastions of resistance, Imperial forces continued to pursue decisive engagements. Although opportunities were growing rarer.

htMtr7H.jpg

QS40AGx.jpg

With the fervor of war dying down, the Axis powers settled into a routine of consolidating gains.

wE0Du8B.jpg

juv1faV.jpg

8MlXNU5.jpg

V0YmRBp.jpg

4qszA3k.jpg

A series of data points gathered over time by the Japanese intelligence services began to paint a grim picture of Germany’s effort at obtaining access to nuclear technologies. Building upon previous German nuclear technology successes at Honefoss, a new facility had been placed into service and rapidly expanded. This time in Berlin.

T8mXsvy.jpg

Faced with the prospect of yet another European power gaining an upper hand on the world stage in technical competence, Japan began to take steps to ward off any future threats to a resurgent Asia. The first act, a negation of the geographic divisions specified in the Tripartite Pact and invasion of the oil-producing country of Iraq.

ORd8fgV.jpg

AJ58vkf.jpg

The second, a diplomatic coup in Siberia.

j6188yL.jpg

Finally, the gaining of atomic prowess second to none. The pipeline to realize Japanese ambition in this area a significant achievement.

kRdduZJ.jpg

aPmN3kF.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Time for a little celebratory radiation?

Scary world we're getting here...:D

Pax Asiatica
March 1946

As the war continued its inevitable slide to conclusion, Imperial Japan took stock of the global ideological re-alignment. Joining gains made across Asia, the Co-Prosperity Sphere had become a colonial power. With populations, resources and basing rights available from the Middle East to the Caribbean and Africa to Iceland.

llpyFxz.jpg

On the geo-political front, the situation was much less varied. Only the Axis remained.

The undisputed power of Africa, Italy's legions regarded themselves as rightful heirs to the glories of ancient Rome.

cC3MVfw.jpg

In Europe and apart from Italy and the former United Kingdom, Germany ruled unopposed.

gmlSaOf.jpg

Cognizant of the technical ability displayed by German authorities in development of the Atom Bomb as well as proximity of the empire to Japanese interests in Siberia and the Middle East, Imperial HQ had secretly been developing plans for a potential future conflict. The outlook, in light of intelligence estimates and for even the most optimistic of forecasts, was grim. For now, the Tripartite Pact would have to suffice as the outline for respective spheres of influence. As well as a continued reliance on Japanese technical prowess.

The outcome of civil war in the new post-war America would also have to be considered, but that was a question for another day.

8WdZMAF.jpg

Ulimately, successfully throwing off the shackles of European colonialism and establishment of the age of Pax Asiatica, would be enough.

s97bKPa.jpg

FIN

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I recently picked up DH after 'another' hiatus and realized I hadn't formally closed this out. (Un)fortunately, I'm now rocking the latest game version so this 1.04-based AAR is no longer playable. Not that there was anything else left to accomplish anyway. But! Deep within the confines of my hard drive I found some screenshots to construct a proper closeout.

Considering this was my first effort in this kind of creative writing pursuit, I feel closure is necessary, in a wrap-it-up-in-a-BOW kinda way.

I got interested in AAR's after voraciously consuming this uniquely styled ancient HOI2 write-up: The Setting Sun - Gotterdammerung, Japan 1944, all credit to Remble. Such a great read (and game), even after first being exposed to it over a decade ago! Check it out for nostalgic HOI2 graphics.

Anywho, for anyone that stumbles through the door and wants to know how this game ended... here ya go!

• 1Love
Reactions:
Thank you!! Indeed, so much victory, there's little left to win now. Congratulations on, and thank you for, a successful and enthralling conclusion to your AAR!

• 1Like
Reactions: