• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting update.

How far do you think you can trade the UK out of Africa?

Last edited:
Then get on with it!

There are quite a few pictures involved in this post, so I'll be splitting it into two. Since this is primarily a gameplay-oriented AAR, with a goal of controlling all of Africa, I'll be doing everything to illustrate my progress through the years as Transvaal.

Currently, the in-game year is 1880, less than halfway through the campaign. A big part of expansion involves colonization, as well as limiting the colonization of European powers in African continent.

This entry, therefore, highlights the current progress made by all parties:

This is a shot of Africa from space (heh):

Picture108-43-58.png

A broad, broad brush. Points to notice include: the encirclement of the UK's claimed territories; the Ottoman's conquest of much of Tripoli, the French expansion into the Sahara.

The UK, of course, aren't completely out of the picture. But their expansion will be limited:

Picture9.png

When this is down, I'll have a spare colony claim to trade for..... something. Probably colony claims being built by the British.

....such as:

Picture11.png

But beyond the British, what other countries pose possible competition for us? France has been highlighted, but they're not the only one:

Picture13.png

That's right, the Swedish. Hah! They're an easy target for a colonial war, so we're going to let them build as many colonial claims as possible beforehand, so we can spare that particular expense. Who else?

Picture14.png

This particular screenshot shows a claim by the Swedish; ignore that, and look at the Prussian claim already established. The Prussians, despite the fact that they're one of the most powerful countries in the game, are easy targets for colonial war.... this is exacerbated by the fact that they never formed Germany (it's 1880, so all of the main avenues for unification are past)
Picture16.png
Now, this is a bit of a lead-in to the second part of this post, but as you can see our level of development is at steel railroad, most of which have been built in the 'industrial' states' in current-day South Africa. My capitalists have done pretty well so far, but we're acquiring so much territory so quickly that they can hardly keep up.... which is unfortunate, but an unfortunate reality.

Hope you enjoyed this; we'll be back soon!

Last edited:
Madagascar?

Colonel Bran said:
Lol if you keep doing this you will become the dominion of Draka ^^.
My thoughts exactly. :cool: