• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Long time lurker here. I wanted to thank the Elder Kings team for generously releasing the developmental version. I can't mod for the life of me but hopefully I can help with bug-testing.

oh torturousSVN how i've not missed you.. used it a long time ago for a Babylon5 mod for HW2 and it was terrible.. they had directions on their site as to which things to enable and disable so you could have it work the way it did for them.. then you had to sacrifice a chicken and smear it's blood in an 8 pointed star while singing a beetles song backwards.. truely it was horrifying.. But it gave you something to do while it downloaded!

Nah i jest.. thank you Korbah for giving us this gift of SVN! now excuse me.. i have an appointment with a chicken in Riverwood.

Reactions:
Hey, I'm just curious and I'm sure this has been brought up a lot, however would it be ok if there was a community version on Github (in which the official version would get merged when changes are available) where people could submit pull requests that get reviewed? That way you could keep your official SVN version but have a Github that doesn't require 'guest' access if someone has great ideas for fixes. As I said though, I'm sure you guys have discussed this quite a bit within the team.

Thanks for providing SVN access as well!

Reactions:
I guess it's time for all the idiotic questions to start up once again! This is probably the reason you've not released it, you just can't stand them.

How do we plot against people, again? I remember in older versions that it was made into a diplomatic interaction, but I can't seem to find it in my game. Attempting to steal an artefact from someone in my court, if it matters, and can't find the option. I'd report it in the bug tracker but I'm pretty certain it's just something I don't understand/have forgotten.

Reactions:
Hey, I'm just curious and I'm sure this has been brought up a lot, however would it be ok if there was a community version on Github (in which the official version would get merged when changes are available) where people could submit pull requests that get reviewed? That way you could keep your official SVN version but have a Github that doesn't require 'guest' access if someone has great ideas for fixes. As I said though, I'm sure you guys have discussed this quite a bit within the team.

Thanks for providing SVN access as well!

No. If you don't want to use subversion wait until there's a release. If you want help out with the mod there's always some of us in the steam group chat.

wow this version the imperial city makes such massive amount of gold...

Indeed, I'm waiting until I've drawn all the trade routes before I start tweaking values. That said, the Imperial City will generate more wealth than any other province (more than likely) since it is the Rome of Tamriel; the terminus of all roads (as it were).

Reactions:
when the checkout fails can i do something other than restart it from scratch? after 52 minutes i got 610mb in before the connection timed out.

when the checkout fails can i do something other than restart it from scratch? after 52 minutes i got 610mb in before the connection timed out.

I think it continues from where it left off, but I've never had it time out so I'm not entirely sure.

It doesn’t seem to by default for some reason but if you right click on the folder and select the clean-up option then once that’s done select SVN update it will continue from where it left off.

Reactions:
I think it continues from where it left off, but I've never had it time out so I'm not entirely sure.

It doesn’t seem to by default for some reason but if you right click on the folder and select the clean-up option then once that’s done select SVN update it will continue from where it left off.

yep, that worked. clean up then update. thanks korbah and hippo

god damn i am so happy to see this mod in person again.

i have to ask, just what was it with the new patch that FUBARed EK and AGOT? i have no clue other than that it was the new patch

god damn i am so happy to see this mod in person again.

i have to ask, just what was it with the new patch that FUBARed EK and AGOT? i have no clue other than that it was the new patch

I think it was 2.3 (the HL patch), and IIRC it screwed up event triggers and such.

Down the path of Lux Invicta, is the SVN just for 0.1.6 or will this be a permanent thing?

Pretty sure they intend to release it normally, but only when/if Paradox fixes all the modding issues that screwing up most of the more complex/total conversion mods.

Reactions:
If you want to really stay on top of things, multiple times a day (as there are often multiple updates a day); that said most updates are in the evening CET. Do note however that not all issues in the mod are due to bugs on our part; things in events like the trigger conditions not functioning correctly are beyond our control (for example, vanilla "is_female = yes" trigger condition appears to be borked, along with others), this is the main reason we haven't released so expect those kinds of reports to be closed without a real resolution. It isn't personal, it just isn't something we can fix.

Reactions:
Hey, loving the mod, just downloaded this version to see how it was looking, and it looks pretty awesome, not sure if the kamal and tsaeci portraits were in the last version but they both look freaking awesome, though I did notice one issue, the racial traits for the tang mo and the kamal need changing as they say that they kamal are from the north and the tang mo are from the south when that has changed with the new map...
but seriously the mod looks awesome, can't wait for 1.6 proper to be released :D

Reactions: