• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry for shamelessly necroing this :)

As a person who likes it neat and tidy, what I wish for would be the following Features:

- Ability to sort your fleets, alphabetically / Point cost / number of ships as well as sorting your blueprints alphabetically, by heritage (Commonwealth, Elite, Marauder) and point cost
- Ability to rename fleets without having to create a new fleet
- Ability to rename blueprints without having to delete them and saving them under another name
- Ability to import your existing fleets to other Servers OR independance of fleets from servers (all fleets available on all servers).

- Indication whether a player in my friendslist already is in another game
- Indication how long a player has been inactive in a match (not having issued any commands to his fleet), perhaps with a forced autokick after a set amount of turns inactive

- Games which have not yet started and where the host is offline for more than a quarter of an hour getting purged from the Server
http://i.imgur.com/540dCtL.jpg game still open as of today, 27th of June 6:20 p.m. GMT+1

- A client-independant possibility to watch replays from all servers, e.g. as a browser plugin (for example to get my RL friends to watch my exploits, so that I can pull them into this game :))

<to be continued>

I have to thumb-up all those. They're good ideas that aren't just "I want sharks with laser-beams on their head" kind of ideas.
s
I have to add I'd like to see way to add the ability to 'draw' on the map so you can coordinate with friends. At the least, be able to see each-others movement commands so you don't end up running others over, etc. Right now, it's hard to describe where to move when all I have is "over the water there, between the rock and the hard place."

So, if you guy's plan on making a sequel the armor might need to be looked at, as I have suggested before. I had a thought that the health of most,not all, boats with armor on them is pretty close to balanced. The no armor option should go away and be replaced with a new power plant category to deal with speed performance, at point cost of course. I would also propose a auto repair category to keep the health system from being vanilla.

I don't think they should take away the option to have no armor. I kind of like the look of light ships, and it'd be a shame to literally have no option except big bulky plating all over every ship. What they should do is balance the armor/no armor choice better. I could see things like making ship health a constant regardless of armor and removing the ability for high piercing rounds to deal extra damage to low armor ships being feasible ways to make balanced or light ships less cripplingly fragile.

Well the problem with no armor is you lose, 100% of the time. In my book that makes it a useless feature. Now i am not saying that the game shouldn't have a customization feature to make your boats " look " better. I would love a deeper shipyard for paint and such, but the topic is ship health and how it is very little fun for a boat to go down in a single volley.

Yeah, but it's probably better to make it so that unarmored ships aren't useless, rather than remove the feature altogether and force everything to be fully armored all the time. If a ship has to be fully armored because of health, make it so that every ship has the health that a fully armored ship has now, regardless of armor. Armor then becomes just for the deflect chance, which is still useful, but not having armor doesn't equate to an instant death sentence.

We are on the same page, maybe I worded it wrong. My initial point was the health system on the boats with armor is nearly balanced for this type and speed of gameplay. Maybe what I am thinking is use the armored boat health numbers, damage deflection etc., etc., for all boats without having to activate anything. I personally like the armored look, but perhaps that could be a skin selection for astetics only.

Wow, you two are screwed up.

No one else gives a damn about how these ships "look"; it's not like we can view them from any direction but top down.

And you both miss the point of the differences of no armor, low armor, normal armor, and heavy armor ships. There should be health differences between ships if they are not set up the same way, hull wise that is. It is more then reasonable to go with the "no armor ship goes for big ass ship, no armor shoots, big ass ship returns fire with a broad side, every or most shots hit, no armor sunk" idea.