• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pressburger

Insignificant State Fetishist
15 Badges
Dec 11, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
Hi everyone. A few days ago, I wanted to play a nice little Burgundy game, but I couldn't bear the flags in the mod. Seeing as migratory nations didn't really use flags and that there already were a handful of flags from Total War games in the mod, I decided to go through Rome II and Attila wikis to loot their icons and use them in WtWSMS.

V5xJaga.png

b0vuU2P.png

kj0VBRg.png

u9aHyIj.png

ipDCcip.png

rgSQ1nV.png

pvxAb4S.png

T51xHlD.png

Y3AmKhJ.png

Ymfx7Yx.png

I replaced empire, kingdom and duchy flags, mostly across Spain, Gaul and Italy. However, there were minor changes in the British Isles, Africa, Arabia and Asia as well. I used either the direct flag for a faction, or a faction flag for a local area if not applicable. If I had leftover flags, I pinned them to appropriate titles, for example I gave the blue Roman Secessionist flag to Soissons. I also improved the quality of the Sassanid flag. If I deemed the Total War flags as too dim, I raised the brightness and contrast a bit (but not so much that it's an eyesore of course.)

It doesn't replace everything, but I believe that there's at least some less pain involved in professional map-staring now.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HoatA3jSUCvMoF7udr3qppe6SnPZXJpU

Installation: Unzip, place into WtWSMS/gfx/flags and overwrite.

Credits: Total War artists and some guy on Deviantart that made a Samnite flag.

Further sugggestions: Welcome

I would also really love to integrate CPR into this mod, but alas, I am struggling with it. If anyone has experience with portrait modding, let me know.

If I may give a suggestion: you should package this as a sub-mod (cf https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Modding#Mod_structure )
i.e add a .mod file containing dependencies = { "When the World Stopped Making Sense" }
and move the flags inside a folder "<mod_name>/gfx/flags".