• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wogudwkd12

Colonel
83 Badges
Oct 24, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • 500k Club
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • War of the Roses
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Age of Wonders III
There are several optimizations techniques that were developed/tested by the M&T team during its long and lasting struggle for performance optimization. To name some major ones there are, cb optimization through changing all cbs into triggered_only and then using a monthly pulse event to assign correct cbs to corresponding countries, optimization of building/event/decision triggers, and optimization of event mtth in correspondence to how they're checked by the game engine. This following python script does the last one in a semi-automatic fashion.

WHAT IT DOES:

1. check all events
2. if any event has an mtth type of days whose value is greater than 365, change it to years and change its value correspondingly
3. if any event has an mtth type of days whose value is ranging between 30 and 365, change it to months and change its value correspondingly
4. if any event has an mtth type of months whose value is greater than 12, change it to years and change its value correspondingly
5. if any event that is not triggered_only is lacking an mtth, report its location without altering anything
6. if any event has an mtth type of days whose value is lesser than 30, report its location without altering anything

WHY IT DOES WHAT IT DOES:

this is mostly for modders who are not aware of this fact. The frequency at which event triggers are checked on ALL corresponding targets is determined by its mtth. Every event with mtth of years has its triggers checked once per year, events with mtth of months once per month, and events with mtth of days once per day. Any event without a formally written mtth is treated as having mtth type of days.

Not many people considers the performance impact that triggers can have on the mod, but they're really, really significant, especially those with mtth type of days. Imagine every province and every characters getting checked by numerous triggers every single day, and you'll get what I mean.

Building and decision triggers too can have significant impacts on the performance, but their optimization requires getting your hands dirty by actually looking and altering its structure. You can imagine it as events having 2 stages of optimization, while building and decision triggers have just 1.

HOW TO LET IT DO WHAT IT DOES

It's a python script, so you need to be able to run it. If you can, just move it to the mod folder and run it. Processes 2-4 does not require any human input, but processes 5-6 just displays the locations without actually altering it.

HOW GOOD IT IS AT WHAT IT DOES

Observed noticeable improvement in performance at year 2050.

HOW TO GET IT SO THAT IT CAN DO WHAT IT DOES

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B53TaerJlcMrTVA1WmgtM0VlcDQ

(For those who doesn't want to go through all the details)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B53TaerJlcMrQXBxOEVPUngwRXc

Last edited:
Will this work on any version of the mod? I would assume so but would like to check

I merged this with the unoffical hotfix and continued my game on year 2186 that was getting really choppy and crashy on me and seems the crashing is gone so I would say this was nice improvement on performance.

Would you mind posting your merged version?

The second link that I posted already contains unofficial hotfixes, along with my own fix for mutation on elfs(dwarfs accumulate random mutations 10 times slower than humans, but that was not the case for elves, and phoenix kings were not immune to random mutations). It has its dependency set to the main mod, so you can just download it and toggle it in the game launcher mod menu.

The second link that I posted already contains unofficial hotfixes, along with my own fix for mutation on elfs(dwarfs accumulate random mutations 10 times slower than humans, but that was not the case for elves, and phoenix kings were not immune to random mutations). It has its dependency set to the main mod, so you can just download it and toggle it in the game launcher mod menu.
That's good to know! I'll be trying it later. I'm excited to finnally be able to play a Lustria game without frying my potato of a computer haha

Edit: This is a great fix, the game is running a lot faster. I even managed to reclaim an old save I had abandoned because of constant crashes. Excellent job!

Last edited:
So I download the 2nd link,
drop that stuff in my mod folder,
click the WH: Geheimnisnacht: Hotfixes box in my mod list along side the regular Warhammer: Geheimnisnachy box

and my game that is in the year 2350 and takes forever to get through a single year will speed up and become more playable?

So I download the 2nd link,
drop that stuff in my mod folder,
click the WH: Geheimnisnacht: Hotfixes box in my mod list along side the regular Warhammer: Geheimnisnachy box

and my game that is in the year 2350 and takes forever to get through a single year will speed up and become more playable?
It won't be the alpha and the omega, but it will help.