• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Then again, if the AI does indeed consider their lieges potential vassal troops, perhaps it's not such a big issue anymore.

Then again, if the AI does indeed consider their lieges potential vassal troops, perhaps it's not such a big issue anymore.

Not sure about it to be honest. I didn't even know about the rule thing :p
So you know better ;)

Last edited:
Working on it!
Hey, buddy!
The new and updated more cultural names for HIP will probably be (mostly) compatible as I remember, right?

Hey, buddy!
The new and updated more cultural names for HIP will probably be (mostly) compatible as I remember, right?
Yeah, it shouldn't have any overlaps.

Yeah, it shouldn't have any overlaps.
Great.I saw the first post's compatibilty part, but I wasn't sure if it's still valid.

Updates for the tweaks (those that needed it - all are now compatible with Golden1).

CHANGELOG:
01-05-19
No Early Wendish Kingdoms:
- Updated for Golden1.
Proper Ruler Designer:
- Updated for Golden1.
Call to Arms:
- Updated for Golden1.
The Articles of the Barons:
- Updated for Golden1.

No Early Wendish Kingdoms

Features:
Removes the titular Wendish kingdoms in the 867 bookmark, but allows their creation when owning the core areas and being Wendish.

Requirements:
CK2 3.2, HIP Golden1 (SWMH or MiniSWMH required)

Download:
Direct
(02-06-19)

Proper Ruler Designer

Features:
Brings back the +/- of the Ruler Designer to stop yourself and your friends from overindulging.

Requirements:
CK2 3.2, HIP Golden1 (EMF required)

Download:
Direct
(02-06-19)

Call to Arms

Features:
Any independent ruler, with at least one higher than baron tier vassal, that becomes primary participant in a war will have to call vassals to arms, but when at peace or a secondary participant only, the ruler will get the possibility to raise liege levies once more
NOTE:
- I've created this with inspiration, and some base code, from this mod.
- Many triggers for factions and decisions have been modified to take into account the drop in the liege's perceived power when he no longer has direct control of his vassals' levies.
- Be aware that this feature is very much experimental and will change your experience significantly.

Requirements:

Download:
Direct
(02-06-19)

The Articles of the Barons

Features:
Removes the baron-tier border gore reduction. See here for details.

Requirements:

Download:
Direct
(02-06-19)

You are a god. Right now ill be trying to use your call to arms mod but when i go norse ill try everything else.

Do you know if the AI checks for "possible ally levies" or only the demesne ones when an enemy is at war?

Even if it doesnt check it, its good because one thing the AI lacks is opportunism. Even if the enemy outnumbers you 2 to 1, if they are fightning another war you can beat them, like a normal player would. AI ignoring most of the enemy troops ONLY WHEN THEY ARE AT WAR, it's good.

The bad thing would be to normaly declare, but this isnt the case. IF they declare like retards, it would only be when the target is at war.

So, if they check for the potential levies troops, i guess its fine, if it doesn't, i still think its fine.

As long as france doesnt surrender inmediately as tributary against genoa because they think they can't win it should be fine.

It has downsides, like everything, but the historical inmersion and accuracy of all your feudal lords and nobles fighting in your war is so fucking worth it. It always pissed me off how 20k vs 20k battles had only 6 noblemen max in it like wtf.

Last edited:
You are a god. Right now ill be trying to use your call to arms mod but when i go norse ill try everything else.

Do you know if the AI checks for "possible ally levies" or only the demesne ones when an enemy is at war?

Even if it doesnt check it, its good because one thing the AI lacks is opportunism. Even if the enemy outnumbers you 2 to 1, if they are fightning another war you can beat them, like a normal player would. AI ignoring most of the enemy troops ONLY WHEN THEY ARE AT WAR, it's good.

The bad thing would be to normaly declare, but this isnt the case. IF they declare like retards, it would only be when the target is at war.

So, if they check for the potential levies troops, i guess its fine, if it doesn't, i still think its fine.

As long as france doesnt surrender inmediately as tributary against genoa because they think they can't win it should be fine.

It has downsides, like everything, but the historical inmersion and accuracy of all your feudal lords and nobles fighting in your war is so fucking worth it. It always pissed me off how 20k vs 20k battles had only 6 noblemen max in it like wtf.

Cheers, mate!

I actually don't know whether the AI now takes potential "ally" and "tribal-vassal" troops into account with the most recent patches. I haven't play-tested it enough to say for sure.

They will be a lot more opportunistic, and sometimes a bit too much: you might see ten tiny realms trying to fight against the HRE at the same time, which is fun, but they're just going to be put down one at a time. It works pretty well when there's one or two bigger "players" involved, but the small ones have no chance in any case. It's good fun though.

It has so many pros that I can live with the cons.

What I've had to tweak is the faction decisions stuff: i.e. when vassals put forth their demands and such - the likelihood of that has been lowered a lot when the liege has "Call to Arms" on (when they're primary participants in a war), and he won't accept them as easily either if they are initiated in the first place.

As long as its only attackers that lose wars because of misscalculations should be fine.. they only lose prestigue and money.

The problem would be if for some reason rulers dont attack other rules that are clearly weaker, which isnt the case.

If both by peace, it will default as if no mod is active regarding the calculations, so a stronger ruler should declare on a weaker.

And if the weaker is at war before the stronger attacks, it will make the stronger even more confident.. it only speeds up things.

You should add new forts building cause so many armies sieging 30 different cities at the same time. Make it so siegues take longer for balancing purposes.

Using Call to Arms, I've noticed an issue that may have been fixed with Golden1, I haven't played it yet; but I've noticed that when calling up the vassals, the barons will not draw up their own troops, but they'll also not supply a levy. This wouldn't be so bad if the AI had this same handicap, but afaik it does not. Perhaps I'm simply having a mod conflict cause this.

Ok so, some desperately needed changes for call to arms

It needs to decrease opinion while at war over time. Vassals fight like if they are fightning for their lives 24/7 non stop. The bad opinion modifier is really neccesary while at war.

They almost all of them accept even with very bad opinion, that needs to change as well.

Its too cheap to fight wars now too, since you only use your demesne levies and sometimes not even that.

It's historical that the lord sometimes used to pay for his vassal levies.

If i knew where to mod or edit at least the first thing i would do it myself.

Last edited:
Using Call to Arms, I've noticed an issue that may have been fixed with Golden1, I haven't played it yet; but I've noticed that when calling up the vassals, the barons will not draw up their own troops, but they'll also not supply a levy. This wouldn't be so bad if the AI had this same handicap, but afaik it does not. Perhaps I'm simply having a mod conflict cause this.

That's always been an issue (actually I don't know why I haven't written it down in "Known Issues" yet). It's not possible to call barons to arms because barons have no "agency" - you also can't remove them from the equation since "tribal call to arms" (which is the function I'm using) doesn't let you differentiate between different tiers of vassals you have to call: it's either all or none.

It should be for both player and AI though, unless something drastic has changed recently. Can you confirm that direct baron vassals are called? (It's important to note that it's only the direct baron vassals of the character that calls to arms that are affected; barons under his vassals are raised as normal by the vassals in question).

Ok so, some desperately needed changes for call to arms

It needs to decrease opinion while at war over time. Vassals fight like if they are fightning for their lives 24/7 non stop. The bad opinion modifier is really neccesary while at war.

They almost all of them accept even with very bad opinion, that needs to change as well.

Well, the vassals are sworn to fight for their liege lord - I was rather contemplating giving some severe penalties for refusing the call to arms; that's the fundamental function of the feudal vassalage system after all... I understand your point though, that they should start to get unhappy when they're in a war for too long (unless they stand to gain directly). I'll give it a think, but it's not a great priority in my opinion.

Its too cheap to fight wars now too, since you only use your demesne levies and sometimes not even that.

It's historical that the lord sometimes used to pay for his vassal levies.

Hmm.. Maybe, but it affects all top-tier lieges, so it shouldn't create too great imbalances. A smart liege lord would also pay money (give gifts) to vassals that would otherwise refuse the call...

On the other hand, what this mod also does is that if you lose a lot of troops, your whole realm will be affected, including your vassals' holdings: all your lands will have lower troop and garrison numbers for a long while if you lose a great war - so consequences are more severe.

Under weak rulers doesnt matter the oath, vassals usually refused the call to arms. You could add reasons to revoke title if they refuse.

If you want to keep it the way it is i guess its fine but definetely give them really bad opinion modifiers the longer the conflict goes

Last edited:
That's always been an issue (actually I don't know why I haven't written it down in "Known Issues" yet). It's not possible to call barons to arms because barons have no "agency" - you also can't remove them from the equation since "tribal call to arms" (which is the function I'm using) doesn't let you differentiate between different tiers of vassals you have to call: it's either all or none.

It should be for both player and AI though, unless something drastic has changed recently. Can you confirm that direct baron vassals are called? (It's important to note that it's only the direct baron vassals of the character that calls to arms that are affected; barons under his vassals are raised as normal by the vassals in question).
It's probably more likely that I'm overreacting, but I think I once, while playing an uppity lord in Syria, saw the Abbasid caliph call in more troops as liege levy after the war I had with him go on for about a year. I'll look more thoroughly in future runs, and tell you if I see they're able to call up barons as levies in a direct war.

I'm pretty much ready to release all my NHO parts now, but I have a very weird bug; perhaps someone here can help with it.

All localization changes in my new landed_titles overwrite file work well, except for some very odd reason Gall-Goídel (Norse-Gaelic) landed titles revert to the default (e.g. "Outer Hebrides" instead of "Suðreyjum"). I simply have no idea why this is. These landed title localizations work well with other cultures (a Norse holder will get the correct name for said title), so there's something breaking it for the Gall-Goídel only...!

I'm pretty much ready to release all my NHO parts now, but I have a very weird bug; perhaps someone here can help with it.

All localization changes in my new landed_titles overwrite file work well, except for some very odd reason Gall-Goídel (Norse-Gaelic) landed titles revert to the default (e.g. "Outer Hebrides" instead of "Suðreyjum"). I simply have no idea why this is. These landed title localizations work well with other cultures (a Norse holder will get the correct name for said title), so there's something breaking it for the Gall-Goídel only...!
This is a very weak guess, but what if it's a small error in the way that localization is written, such as the number of semicolons?