• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zijistark

HIP Lead
58 Badges
Jan 29, 2013
zijistark.com
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Our next release of HIP, Hydra6, is now ready. Paradox recently introduced patch v2.8.3, which broke compatibility with our ARKOpack Interface (GUI) module. Thus, we've compatched it appropriately, and we've also included the latest changes from EMF (as well as some undocumented changes from SWMH).

Mixes well with cocktails,
- The HIP Team

Download! [ MediaFire Mirror ]
This release is for CKII v2.8.3.1. It is compatible with savegames started on all past HIP releases for CKII v2.8.X (Hydra1 through the current Hydra6).

REMINDERS:
  • Always remember to delete any preexisting modules/ subfolder before extracting the release download into your mod folder.
  • HIP is modular: different installer choices yield wildly different forms of HIP, so remember:
    • ALWAYS include your version.txt file from the [default] mod/Historical Immersion Project/ folder with any posts regarding specific behavior in HIP (especially bug reports). If you don't do this, your post'll be much less useful and is apt to be ignored.
  • One must use the same modules as previously used with old savegames. Exceptions which may be enabled or disabled at your pleasure:
    • SED: English Localisation for SWMH
    • ARKOpack Interface
    • Arumba and Internal Tab Shortcuts
    • LTM
  • SWMH does not include a 769 bookmark. We've no intention to add one, but there might be an unofficial sub-mod for this in the future.
  • SWMH does not include eastern/southern India but does include Rajastan. We've no intention of adding more of India.
  • MiniSWMH is an official SWMH sub-mod which removes India and the least-relevant parts of Africa in order to provide a higher-performance SWMH alternative.
  • It's still possible to play with a [slightly modified] vanilla map if SWMH doesn't suit you. Simply give the installer a 'no' on SWMH in that case.
  • EMF has comprehensive changelog archives for every version since the first.

EMF v8.06
  • CHANGES:
    • When a ruler is deposed by their vassals, they will no longer abdicate to a previously-deposed ruler of the same realm.
    • Vassal kings no longer ignore the Complete King's Peace crown law. When this law applies to them (i.e., they are a de jure vassal of the crown title(s) in which the law is passed, in short), all of their out-of-realm CB usage has been manually blocked to workaround Paradox's "interesting" choice for king-tier vassals to ignore the law by default.
    • Reformed pagans may no longer use the Religious Reconquest CB upon rulers of the unreformed / older version of their religion. They will still be able to use the Holy War CB in general and, of course, the Religious Reconquest CB against other types of pagans when valid.
    • Tributaries:
      • Nomads are now restricted to using the Establish Tribute CB, which establishes a Nomadic-type tributary. Previously, they had access to the Extort Tribute CB as well, which establishes a Default-type tributary, and the reverse is true for non-nomads no longer being able to use the Nomadic-type tributary CB.
      • The Free Tributary CB (a tribute's bid for complete independence) is now available to any ruler that is a tribute, regardless of DLC ownership.
    • Threat gain has been nerfed significantly from the previous version, which was a bit of an experiment, and Threat may continue to be a bit of an experiment to get right.
    • Baron-tier border gore reduction was added in the previous version, but we forgot to add it to the changelog. Yet, we've now changed it again, so let's review:
      • It only acts upon AI rulers.
      • Its previous behavior was, in extreme summary, to force AI rulers to keep both vassal barons and owned baronies de jure to their containing county by surrendering out-of-place baronies or transferring vassal barons to their de jure lieges.
      • Its new behavior is essentially to the same end, except that it allows all non-de jure barons and baronies to be so long as they're located within the same independent realm. Thus, we've essentially just deactivated it for top realm-internal border gore reduction.
      • Out-of-place baronies are also no longer directly granted to their de jure liege: first, an appropriate type of character is randomly generated to hold the barony, and then they are vassalized to the barony's de jure liege.
  • MINOR:
    • Fleshed-out the Norse-Gael melting pot a bit in terms of smoothness of transition and robustness.
    • Seljuk invasion troops now reinforce much more slowly.
    • Lucky Rulers now enjoy +6 combat skill.
  • FIXES:
    • You now only recieve notifications for buildings destroyed in your own demesne, not every siege in your entire realm.
    • The Immortals, when reborn, now properly share the faith of which Zoroastrian-related faith restored their priesthood.
    • Tributary renewal now only applies to the default and nomadic tributary types.
    • A bug which was preventing tributary CBs from being available to non-nomads has been fixed.
    • The 'special circumstances' variant of the Holy War CB no longer checks for a holy war cooldown, so cooldowns incurred from elsewhere could still block the CB (adding the cooldown when using this CB was removed in a recent version).
    • It is no longer be possible for Norse-Gael melting pot events to fire for provinces or rulers that are already Norse-Gael.

ARKOpack Armoiries (2018-06-21)
  • Compatibility patch with Crusader Kings II v2.8.3.1
  • A new set of random CoA for christians (crosses series)
  • Improved CoA frames

ARKOpack Interface (2018-06-21)
  • Compatibility patch with Crusader Kings II v2.8.3.1
  • Reduced character sheet to fit 800 pixels high screens
  • Character sheet bottom part clean up
  • Added an alternate religion_icon_strip_deco (with no wooden backgrounds for pagans)
  • Provides a new picture for vertical event type (Codex Manesse style church)

• Baron-tier border gore reduction was added in the previous version, but we forgot to add it to the changelog. Yet, we've now changed it again, so let's review:
    • It only acts upon AI rulers.
    • Its previous behavior was, in extreme summary, to force AI rulers to keep both vassal barons and owned baronies de jure to their containing county by surrendering out-of-place baronies or transferring vassal barons to their de jure lieges.
    • Its new behavior is essentially to the same end, except that it allows all non-de jure barons and baronies to be so long as they're located within the same independent realm. Thus, we've essentially just deactivated it for top realm-internal border gore reduction.
    • Out-of-place baronies are also no longer directly granted to their de jure liege: first, an appropriate type of character is randomly generated to hold the barony, and then they are vassalized to the barony's de jure liege.
Would it be possible to make a "rule" for this so you can disable the mechanic?

I like border gore:

HRR_1400.png

Map_SLH-1650.png

Excellent to see a new release! A genuine thank you to the HIP team!

There is a way to use the vanilla map textures with the arko pack?, cuz i want to use the arko improvements, but i prefer the Clausewitz textures.
Arkopack doesn't deals with map textures ;)

Note that that's all internal border gore, which is now unaffected.

More or less, but in the second map it's more complicated: do you count the Danish king as a vassal of the HRE (which, granted, he was in his function as Duke of Holstein etc.) and what about the various lords of Holstein and Schleswig? Are they vassals of Denmark or the HRE? Whatever the case, the main point is that the fact that we have something called enclaves/exclaves tells us that we need border gore! ;)

I doubt I'm the only one that prefers some border gore to systemised, neat blobbing.

Would it be too much work to allow some costumisation in this case?

My answer to that one is that the game's timeline does not extend to 1650, so the Holstein situation is unlikely to occur.

Perhaps an exception could be made for baronies bordering realm counties. Not that I'm the one to decide such things, of course.

I was fooling around with the console in my Armenia game when i tried the extra holding event and it doesn't seem to work right. It didn't work in the 2 armenian provinces (Sirak, Ayrarat) i tried but it worked in another savegame(Österreich) i loaded up.

I was fooling around with the console in my Armenia game when i tried the extra holding event and it doesn't seem to work right. It didn't work in the 2 armenian provinces (Sirak, Ayrarat) i tried but it worked in another savegame(Österreich) i loaded up.
It doesn't work in many SWMH provinces because SWMH hasn't added extra holdings to those provinces. (Reportedly, vanilla merely added a bunch of extra holdings from a fantasy name generator.) To make the event work in such a province, you need to add more holdings to the county in common/landed_titles/swmh_landed_titles.txt.

Last edited:
It doesn't work in many SWMH provinces because SWMH hasn't added extra holdings to those provinces. (Reportedly, vanilla merely added a bunch of extra holdings from a fantasy name generator.) To make the event work in such a province, you need to add more holdings to the county in common/landed_titles/swmh_landed_titles.txt.

Aaaah, thanks.

So what happens to the ton of English baronies in French counties in the William the Conqueror start? Will they just flip to France and their dynasties destroyed? Would be a shame to lose the Montforts for example.

So what happens to the ton of English baronies in French counties in the William the Conqueror start? Will they just flip to France and their dynasties destroyed? Would be a shame to lose the Montforts for example.

I agree. EDIT: To answer your question, the baronies of de Montfort and de Bellême are taken away from them and given to new, random, French characters (who become vassals of their dejure, French liege); the characters remain in the game as courtiers, but they have no claim on their old title.

Excuse my bluntness, but I think it's a lazy solution. If baronies belong to an owner other than that of the county, there must be a reason for this. If it's some kind of bug that happens after peace deals or the like, fix the bug. If it happened in a legitimate way, and it still annoys you (I personally haven't ever seen it on a scale that annoys me in any way), make a code that will make it easier to clean up without indiscriminately stripping the barony and handing it over; that's just bad and immersion breaking.

I don't know how it should look, but it should probably include options for the top liege to relinquish or insist on holding on to the exclave barony (perhaps an event that triggers for both the dejure claimant and the holder/liege and that may include monetary compensation in return for handing over the barony and thus avoiding conflict/war - or alternatively spark a conflict between the two parts), and it should not strip the original owner of the barony and make a random new one.

The way this mechanic works now, I'll simply disable it.

Again, I hope we can get a "rule" so people can choose whether they want the mechanic or not without fiddling with the mod files.

Last edited:
Just curious, but did this update reduce the frequency of raiding by pagans? In a clean install of the newest release of HIP, I’m three years into an 867 campaign as Wessex and I have yet to be raided nor do I see any raiding occurring in other domains as well. I can provide the save file if needed. I’m currently playing with the 6/21/18 patch for HIP and a few other minor mods which do not override the defines file.

If anyone else is experiencing similar issues, I would be interested in their feedback.

Thanks!