• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Please delete that sentence. It is against the rules as it promotes fascism. Please don't make this AAR a nationalist one.

No, I won't delete it. It doesn't promote fascism ;) . It was an in-character sentence and that's it. And this AAR has nothing to do with nationalism and it never will.

Chapter 5: Hope is still here

January 9th, 1945 - January 15th, 1945

January 9th, Jodl's headquarters, Poznan. It was full of worried faces. Generals didn't know will Jodl line do it its job. Will Jodl line stop the Soviet advance? Alfred Jodl himself wasn't optimistic. Jodl said: "I believe that our troops will stop the Soviets in the western Poland but it is hard to believe that our forces in Slovakia, Hungary and Croatia can stop the Soviets. The only chance to stop them is to transport half troops from Western to Eastern front but that is impossible because in the West major offensive is going on. Only God can help us. I request immediate meeting with the Führer"

fbgpaja.jpg

General Alfred Jodl, Chief of the Army for Eastern Front

In his HQ in the West, Hitler decided that the offensive plan has to be changed. So he changed it. Hitler's Yes men were approving everything he said. Guderian, also, didn't complain about the plan because it was simple and good. When our generals planned Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein they didn't expect this kind of success. All generals wanted was to split American and British positions in half and to conquer Antwerpen. They didn't plan to encircled 22 divisions and destroy 18 of them. Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein now continues! TO PARIS!

AexXv01.png

On January 10th, in the morning, Jodl met with the Führer in Berlin. They talked about the situation in the Eastern Front, and especially about the situation in Croatia and Hungary. Jodl said: "It is unlikely that we will be able to hold out there and the best decision is to retreat from those lands."
Hitler replied: "Jodl, you are the Chief of the Army for Eastern Front. I don't really care what is happening there, we are in a two-front war and I'm not able to command armies on both fronts because military will ruin my planes. You know that therefore I have decided to create two Chief of the Army offices."
Jodl then said: "But my Führer you are the leader of the Third Reich so you should deal with politics. You know that we have to friendly governments there. We can arrange a meeting between you three. You should propose to them the plan of retreat and you should said that they can form a government in exile or something like that."
Hitler: "Jodl, you know that I'm against retreat, my no retreat order is still active in the West, but like I said before, I'm not able to lead the army on both fronts so you're making a mistake, not me. I'll meet those losers and you will be with me because you're the Chief of the Army for Eastern Front. The first one wasn't able to destroy resistance movements and the other one wasn't able to mobilize enough men for the final fight with the Bolsheviks."

Two hours later, Bormann telephoned Pavelić and told him that he must be at the meeting with Adolf Hitler at 15:00 in his Berghof HQ. When he arrived, they began their discussion about the situation in Croatia.
Pavelić said: "We can be the most popular party in Croatia. Maček's Croatian Peasant Party is not relevant anymore. But we need to do something. We need to show the people that we can bring justice in our country. Our people hate Chetniks. They did everything to stop the Croats from having an independent state and if we arrest some of the Chetniks and bring them to justice, our Croatian Armed Forces would gain moral and people will start to support us more. Now, two weeks ago, Đujić requested a written guarantee from me to afford him and his forces refuge in Slovenia. I gave him a written guarantee. He is on his way to Slovenia. But if you allow me, I can order my loyal Rafael Boban to ambush them and bring them to Zagreb so we can judge them. Two days ago, our 6th Croatian Division that was in retreat, under the leadership of Vladimir Metikoš, destroyed Pavle Đurišić's Chetniks that were in retreat. When other soldiers heard the news they were celebrating. You see how it is important to destroy the Chetniks!"
Hitler replied: "I understand that you are trying to convince general Jodl not to retreat from Croatia. Jodl will explain you."
Alfred Jodl: "If we stay there our troops can be encircled and destroy. At this moment, we need every men available, you have to understand that. But, if you want to destroy Chetniks we will allow you to destroy Đujić's Chetniks. They are not important to us anymore."
Hitler said: "Yeah, you can do it! General Jodl developed a new plan. German forces will retreat to Slovenia and cover your back. All Croatian troops will be deployed in Zagreb to defend it to the last men! Also, all Croatian troops that are part of German Wehrmacht will be placed in Zagreb to defend their homeland!"

azxjdS7.jpg

Hitler and Pavelić

Two hours later, Ferenc Szálasi arrived at Berghof. Szálasi agreed with everything that Jodl and Hitler said. He just wanted to save his ass. After the meeting Jodl ordered German troops to retreat from Hungary.

MCazRD2.png

Our offensive in the West continued. Our attack on Liege continued and on January 11th the Führer ordered new attack on Aarlon. Allied troops in Strasbourg are higly demoralized and it is just a matter of time before they retreat. Later that day, our troops entered Liege and Allied troops from Aarlon retreated. It is an open season on France, again. De Gaulle will leave Paris as a loser once again!

w17Wq6f.png

In the East, Bolsheviks started a massive offensive. Katowice and Bydgoszcz are under attack. Jodl is sending a reinforcment. Hitler promised a reinforcment from the West in the near future but in the near future Eastern Front could collapse. Jodl is more paranoid every day. And generals understand him. It is hard to be Alfred Jodl at this moment. But our soldiers and generals still believe in final victory!

QELtFJK.png

On January 15th our brave soldiers stoped wild hordes from the East, at least for a few days. They didn't let Bolsheviks enter German cities and pushed them back to their positions before the attacks. We are proud of soliders like that. They are a living proof that Germany will never let Bolsheviks conquer the Fatherland. You live for the Fatherland and you die for the Fatherland! Heil to soldiers that had fallen for the Fatherland! When Jodl heard the news, he was so happy so he got drunk.

RhR6sJz.png

In the West, our position is better every dan. On January 12th our forces entered Eindhoven and three days later Wehrmacht entered Antwerpen. Our forces which attack Sedan and Strasbourg are advancing fast and it is just a matter of time before we enter those cities. Sedan is the key of France because if we conquer Sedan then nothing can help the Allies there. Also, in next few days attack on Mons and Brussels will begin. Second victory in the West is near!

lgwL4EZ.png

Last edited:
That Allied line in France looks a little strong.
Are you sure you can encircle/destroy/reduce it to irrelevance before the reds can push into Poland and Austria?

Are you sure you can encircle/destroy/reduce it to irrelevance before the reds can push into Poland and Austria?

I don't see how its remotely possible. Thats what makes the whole thing so much more interesting; The further he retreats, the shorter his line gets but the more territory he surrenders the weaker he gets. He will get valuable IC in France if he can continue his advances......but time is short. He needs to make a decisive move against the Allies VERY quickly, and then look to try and hold a line,transfer forces to the East and try and retake Poland at LEAST. But I don't see how he can,barring a miracle.

This is such an interesting AAR. SCC you are doing a fantastic job. Even if it feels like you are closer and closer to defeat with every victory; I am sure you can find some way to salvage this situation.

Maybve some militia+art can help?

But it really isn't that strong. Sedan is defended by 2 divisions. Main Allied forces are in northern France and Alsace-Lorraine and if I conquer Sedan I can encircle those Allied troops.

This is such an interesting AAR. SCC you are doing a fantastic job. Even if it feels like you are closer and closer to defeat with every victory; I am sure you can find some way to salvage this situation.

Well, thank you.

There is one question conditionning everything else: how much oil do you have left?

ZVIRuQd.png

Brilliant, as always! We believe in StoneColdCroat!

Thank you!

The West is soon going to be in the hands of Germany again and then everything can be concentrated on the soviets! Onwards to victory!

Indeed!

Chapter 6: To Paris!

January 15th, 1945 - January 28th, 1945

On January 15th, Chief of Staff of the Army Heinz Guderian met with Chief of the Army for Western Front Adolf Hitler. Guderian proposed to stop the offensive in the West because Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein did its job. Our troops captured Antwerpen, destroyed 18 Allied divisions and brought chaos in the Allied troops. Guderian explained that Wehrmacht has stabilized the front and now some troops should be sent to the East. When Hitler heard this, he went into a rage. He said that Guderian is a coward because he is afraid to continue the offensive. Hitler told Guderian that this is a historic chance to prove that Aryan race is superior to others and no one will stop the offensive in the West, NO ONE! Guderian replied that Hitler is making a mistake and when the offensive fails he won't be there to save Hitler's ass again! After his confrontation with Hitler, Guderian requested to be transferred from the Western Front. Hitler named him the commander of the army in Norway and ordered him to began offensive up there. Keitel replaced Guderian as commander of II.SS-Panzerkorps.

p4AlWV8.jpg

Although German Reich isn't the most powerfull nation in the world, it still has more powerfull military than countries like Switzerland. Hitler decided to send a threat to Switzerland. If they don't enforce trade and technology embargoes on Allied countries, the German Reich will attack them. Switzerland, fearing our great nation, decided to enforce trade and technology embargoes on Allied countries.

0ZRRxYa.png

On January 16th our troops attacked Brussels. The capital of Belgium will once again be part of Greater German Reich. Hitler said that Holland and Belgium will be INCORPORATED in the Reich. Reichskommissariat won't be created in these territories. Also, our attack on Sedan is stronger every day. Every day new divisions are arriving to help conquer Sedan. Hitler said that offensive is doing better without Guderian and his stupid dissatisfaction.

qqOfl1h.png

On January 17th, Foreign Minister von Ribbentrop reported to Führer that Venezuela delcared war to Germany. Hitler said that he doesn't give a shit about those uncivilized pepole from Venezuela. He said that Germany will crush them and people of Venezuela will become German slaves. Also von Ribbentrop said that he reached a trade agreement with Communist China. Hitler wasn't happy when he hear that but he said that desperate times call for desperate measures.

cRV6BSg.png

In the East, we have been able to evacuate whole Courland pocket. Alferd Jodl congratulated to Admiral Backeköhler and his staff. The Reds launched attacks on Katowice and Bratislava. Our brave defenders are trying to stop these attacks.

In the West, our forces entered Brussels on January 17th and Sedan on January 20th. Situation in Brussels was critical for two days because Allies launched a counter-offensive but when our reinforcment arrived they had no chance. Hitler isn't surprised with these results of offensive because he knows that Germany is still strong and Germany still can win the war!

NX1gnZI.png

Western Front on January 21th

On January 22th, our troops, finally, entered Strasbourg. Without time to rest, our troops started moving to Metz. Day later, Wehrmacht attacked Mons. We have rested enough in the last five years. Now, it is time to turn the tide of war! Also, in the East, our troops stopped Bolshevik attack on Bratislava. Our soldiers once again proved that Aryan race is superior to others! TO VICTORY!

v3a4jCA.png

In Croatia, everything is prepared for the last stand against Bolshevism. Rafael Boban brought to Zagreb Momčilo Đujić and his Chetniks. Ante Pavelić organized a court on Ban Jelačić Square. He was the judge. The indictments were for: 1. paricipation in rebellion against Croatia and its pepole
2. planning, initiating and waging war for creation of Greater Serbia
etc.
The accused were sentenced to death. Pavelić stated that the war against Chetniks isn't war because their leader, Draža Mihaliović, is hiding somewhere in the Bosnian mountains.

In the West our forces started an attack on Bruges. Allied forces are weaker every day and we believe that generals Patton and Montogomery won't be able to work together. We believe that in February we will enter Paris once again!

Nyvk2Sf.png

Western Front on January 28th

Last edited:
I wonder how Mao is able to deliver the oil to Germany... *Secret Commie-Nazi powers*

The situation in the east has stabilized somewhat, right?
How long do you think it will take to drive the Allies into the Atlantic?

Despite the fact that you're the Nazis and your victory would mean untold horrors for Europe, I am seriously rooting for you right now - if you can win despite Hitler then I will be massively impressed.

I remember that someone won as Germany in 1944 in a HOI2 AAR but the HOI2 scenario starts much earlier when the situation is much better so if you can pull this off it will be a real achievement. Good luck and subscribed! :)