• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dr. Gonzo said:
I'm off to Uni on Saturday... I was about to say something about a delay with the next update but its not exactly upsetting the schedule now is it :rolleyes:

Anyway... its almost half complete. Expect Irish problems, Royal crisis, growing industrial competition, Texan colonies(!) and tough times for German Unification in coming installments.

Ever tardy,
Gonzo

As long as the quality of the writing remains superb I'm fine with any delays.

Actually no thats a lie but you know what I mean :D

Bafflegab said:
the doc is Gonzo... to University... :D
If only there was a trombone smilie now would be a perfect time to use one.

So Dr. G what form of fancy book learnin' you be wastin' my tax money on? ;)

Jalex said:
You know it might be time for an update...
Alas it has been a month since his last activity, I fear the evil clutches of university have enveloped him. :eek: :(

El Pip said:
Alas it has been a month since his last activity, I fear the evil clutches of university have enveloped him. :eek: :(

I think your right as I haven't seen Gonzo in any other threads as well. Here's hoping to an update at some time.

Fear not, I havent disappeared, I've been checking in from time to time but not as often as I would wish.

I'm afraid I've been caught in the dark den of vice known as University 'entertainment'. Writing for my Uni magazine, my radio show (! They basically gave me two hours a week based on little more than a playlist and half page of scribbles of comedy), and trying to step back into stand-up. Even managed to squeeze some time in for my History course as well.

So yes Ive been a bit busy, but hopefully things will pick up towards Christmas, this is certainly not abandoned but what little time I'm commiting to this AAR at present editing and re-editing the next two demi-updates which for some reason I just cant get right.

So just a pre-emptive warning if two updates magically appear in a week or two, its a total abnormality that wont be repeated in this financial year.

PS £1 a pint at the Student Union, can you blame me?

Dr. Gonzo said:
PS £1 a pint at the Student Union, can you blame me?

It is not a matter of blame, but someone must be found and held accountable... Sooo, it is merely a matter of blame by another name... ?

Of course, I think the timelines of all of our own endeavours would be equally impinged in similar circumstances. :D

and hey, at those prices, you can tilt a glass for each of us!

I wouldn't bother - he'll be enjoying the full experience of being a Fresher. And all the while the EmpiAar suffers...

Le Jones said:
I wouldn't bother - he'll be enjoying the full experience of being a Fresher.
Indeed, I'd be surprised to see much out of him outside Christmas, Easter and Summer, though I will fully expect frantic activity around exam time as writing AARs is an excellent distraction from actually revising. :D

Can I just ask if you have any intentions of continuing this Gonzo? Sorry in advance to anyone who sees this and hopes for an update, just to find me pestering for one :eek:o

Indeed, I'd be surprised to see much out of him outside Christmas, Easter and Summer, though I will fully expect frantic activity around exam time as writing AARs is an excellent distraction from actually revising. :D

Just want to point out that the winter term ought to be completed by now... Just saying...:D