Duplicate Stellaris - Federation fleets won't upgrade/retrofit [2.8.1] [dfce]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

d12ddd

Second Lieutenant
12 Badges
May 28, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
Description
Federation fleets won't upgrade/retrofit [2.8.1] [dfce]

Game Version

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?

Do you have mods enabled?
Yes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I can't upgrade federation ships at all. It started when auto-upgrade just stopped working and I couldn't change the ship project without making a new one even when I removed the auto-upgrade, so I did that and all was good for a time, but by the time I had to upgrade, I noticed that while I could create new federation templates and upgrade old ones, I couldn't actually retrofit or upgrade federation ships that were already built. The game doesn't really recongize that the federation ship is obsolete, and the button to upgrade is not clickable and there is no icon signalling that you can upgrade the fleet. I tried just retrofitting the ships to a new, up to date ship project, but I could only upgrade to my empire's project(not the federation's), resulting in federation ships becoming regular ships which is the opposite of what I need. This is a problem even if I turn all of the mods off(Most of the mods I have are cosmetic or AI-related). I encountered this a few years ago even before the Federations DLC came out but forgot to report it, and it seems I'm not the only one who encountered the issue.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Not sure on this one but this is approximately how it went
1. Normal federation gameplay, auto-upgrade on federation ships works, everything else too.
2. At some point something breaks the federation ship designer and both auto-upgrade and ship upgrades/retrofits stop working for federation fleets.
What happens in between that triggers this I do not know.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• 2339.04.17.sav
    5,4 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions: