• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So my question is if the same vehicle/squad from a different division (or even regiment) will behave differently or have different stats (e.g. a Cromwell from the 7th Armoured Division had a much more experienced crew than the same tank in the 11th Armoured Division or 2nd Canadian Armoured brigade). Personally, given the chance, I would love to have my armored cars from the Inns of Court Regiment.

Game Features
Dynamic Front Line

The dynamic Front line moves in real time based on unit placements and enemy unit placements, units do not necessarily affect the line, such as recon or airborne.

The objective is to during each phase, push the frontline as far forward as possible to gain more income. Map control = income, but destruction points probably determind the end game score.

Please tell me there'll be a conquest mode.

Steel_Division_Normandy_44_Screenshot_01.png

The Baguette at the side gives a nice flavour to this French TD! :)

OP updated, changes made in the top department, the battlegroup and the unit AI.

I need information about artillery and air support.
Going to check the reddits!

I am a bit confused.

According to the pic, you can use M10s in phase A.

But isn't the phase A for infantry and light vehicles?

Or am I misunderstanding it?

I am a bit confused.

I guess he can only use 4 tanks in phase a, to use more he has to wait for a later phase. So yes, he can use them but not many. And there might be other units he wants to bring on that make more sense. The TD in this phase might be more reactionary if the enemy decides to pull a panzer out of their pocket.

I guess he can only use 4 tanks in phase a, to use more he has to wait for a later phase. So yes, he can use them but not many. And there might be other units he wants to bring on that make more sense. The TD in this phase might be more reactionary if the enemy decides to pull a panzer out of their pocket.

Ah okay, I thought that mediums were strictly off limit in starting phase.

That picture is the anti tank tab though, he might have some more hardware.

I am a bit confused.

M10s were used as flank guards iirc? Plenty a fight started with the flank being hit and the TD groups being the primary action teams waiting for backup did they?

We should have a, "Who can kill a king tiger first" Award. Maybe even as a steam prize thingy whatever its called.

M10s were used as flank guards iirc? Plenty a fight started with the flank being hit and the TD groups being the primary action teams waiting for backup did they?
M10 is the French 2e DB were used quite differently as according to US doctrines.
First, no US division had its own M10. Nor any TD for that matter. They were all in independant battailons, as corps assets.

The Free French, on the other hand, didn't have enough armored divisions to form more than one armored corps (in our entire History) and the only one by then was in North Africa, ready to cross the Mediterranean and land in Provence.
So, we had more TD battailons than actual armored corps to attached them to ... but since we were at the bottom of the US equipment line, it was decided to add them directly to some armored divisions. 2e DB being stranded alone in savage country (the UK ;)), it had its own directly integrated into the division. And for the anecdote, this particular battalion (actually called Régiment Blindé de Fusilier-Marins) was crewed entirely by Navy personnel left ashore without a ship. Hence the funny hat.

Since the 2e DB was lacking 76mm Shermans (only a handful were delivered as replacements during the Normandy campaign),the M10 were more than often used in lieu of tanks to fight Panthers. They were always close to the front.
And by the end of the campaign, during the 2e DB's dash from Argentan to Falaise and then Paris, they ended up being integrated with the Spahis, always the 2nd vehicle in the vanguard of each column, just behind the jeep opening the way. If the latter spotted something or got fired at, it would drive out of the road and the M10 would immediatly engage whatever target was ahead.

Another anecdote about the RBFM is that it had within its rank a very famous actor of the time, Jean Gabin. Refusing to work under the Germans in 1940, he went in exile to the USA. In 1943, home-sick and willing to do something, he managed to enlist in the Free French Navy (his old arm from his military service) despite being too old for that. The only privilege he accepted was to enlist as NCO, hence wearing the Navy cap and not the trademark bashi "'cause at 40 [he was] too old to wear the pompom". he then embarked on a tanker taking part in the convoy to the UK & N. Africa, as a Bofor gun crew commander.
Once in Morocco, and despite being offered to work in Free France's broadcasting services, he again managed to stay in the navy, as naval infantry instructor. And finally, to be transfered to the RBFM as a M10 commander. But against his will, he didn't embark to the UK with the regiment, and missed Normandy & the liberation of Paris. He will later join the regiment and fight with it in all the remaining battles of the war, being the oldest tank commander in the regiment (and maybe the whole army) being past 40 and with snow-white hairs.
tKDZHW4v4Ueov6x62gHqmmpe_ag.jpg

At that time, for the men serving with him, it was like if Brad Pitt showed up as an actual tank commander. :)

I always enjoy these anecdotes. Very interesting.

This game looks beautiful so far! All we need now is a Maus Division supported by the Gustav 800mm and the P. 1000 Ratte...
I'm serious.

Last edited: