• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nalivayko

General
49 Badges
Mar 15, 2001
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
Part I: Ledokol*

* Ledokol - Russian for Icebreaker or Iceboat.

German Fascism is nothing but the Icebreaker of the Revolution. German Fascism may start a war, which will lead to World Revolution. So let the Icebreaker to break Europe. Hitler to Stalin is like a purifying storm of Europe. Hitler may do things, which Stalin finds uncomfortable to do himself. (Viktor Suvorov, "Ledokol")

Who started the World War II? Scores of historians tirelessly repeat like parrots that it was Nazi Germany, led by her maniacal Furher, which brew, bottled and served this appalling conflict. Let them argue their case, while the few doubtful open their ears to the new kind of truth - a naked, bare truth, horrifying in its simplicity and, strangely satisfying, as it answers fully the scores of questions any of us were not able to get the answers to from the so-called official version of history.

Official history is a very strange kind of history. For example, in September of '39 Stalin officially stated that it is Poland that shall bear the full responsibility for war. A month or so later, he officially blamed Britain and France for escalating the conflict. Needless to say, further down the road his list included Germany and Italy, while the end of the war saw him and the Communist Party blaming all capitalist countries of the world. If one remembers that before the war all sovereign countries of the world except the Soviet Union were considered by Communist to be capitalist, it means that the most appalling conflict of the mankind was started by all, including Switzerland and Sweden, but not the Soviet Union. Let us not be led into temptation to argue the opposite case. We will let the facts speak for themselves.

If one was to follow closely the rhetoric of the Communist Party during '20s and early '30s, one would notice that contrary to popular belief the idea of the World Revolution did not die with the failure to start one after the World War I. Although the opportunity was lost, the Communists believed that one is the smith of his own future. As soon as Civil War was over, they began planning for another war. As their ideologists told them that another big War is another Revolution, they began preparing another World War, aiming to spread the Revolution as far as Argentina and New Zeeland. And, of course, Stalin was at the heart of all this from the very beginning - the very same "blind" Stalin, who according to official history refused to believe the war is near.

How does one start a war and avoids being called the aggressor? Stalin and the Party decided that someone else should do the dirty work, while they shall reap the benefits. Fascism in '20s was just a baby. They nurtured that baby, they took care of it as it if it was their own. On the other hand, maybe it was.

When Germany was denied the right to maintain a large army it was Soviet Union that allowed them to train on Russian territory. When Germany lacked resources it was Soviet Union that delivered. When Germany lacked courage it was Stalin who gave them a green light. Make no mistake, it was Stalin who started the Second World War. Hitler was just an accomplice. He dreamed of world domination, but in reality he was nothing but the Icebreaker of the Revolution.

January 1st, 1936. Soviet Union declares war on Persia. By itself the country may be a nice bonus with its rich oil fields and... well, rich oil fields may be a good enough reason to start a war. In reality, however, Soviet economy will not be effected greatly by Persian oil alone. On the other hand, if Russia was to capture Iraq and the rest of the Middle East, it would be a different story altogether. Stalin masks these thoughts with the old Russian Imperial dream of getting the access to the Indian Ocean. In truth, it is the common border with Great Britain and her puppets that he desires the most.

The attack on Persia is led by Timoshenko, who is put in command of 1st Tank Army. Soviet Tank Armies consist at the time of 2 tank corps, 1 mechanized corps and 1 support rifle division accompanied by artillery brigade (In 1936 there are only 2 Tank Armies in the Soviet Union). In addition, Stalin throws south 2 cavalry divisions, 2 mountain infantry divisions and 1st Bomber Division. The operation, code-named "Razin" (named after famous Russian outlaw, who raided the shores of Persia in the past) , is a complete success, with Soviet forces meeting little resistance from the enemy. The biggest challenge comes from Iranian mountains and deserts. This is where the "ancient" Soviet cavalry comes in handy. By March 30th the Soviet forces are in complete control of the country and the Persian leadership has but one option left - accept the offer of annexation to ease the suffering of the population.

In the same time the Icebreaker begins its gruesome job in Europe in Africa. On March 6th Germany marches the troops to re-occupy Rhineland and Italy annexes Ethiopia. In the east, Nationalist China crushes the Communist uprising on April 14th. Not to worry, the Party will use this as an example of capitalist aggression to justify Soviet further conquests in Asia.

August 25th, 1936. Soviet Union declares war on Afghanistan. 4 mountain infantry and 2 cavalry divisions, supported by 1st Air Army (3 bomber and 3 fighter divisions), under brilliant leadership of Voroshilov, Tolbukhin and Iakovlev, invade the country for no apparent reason. As for unapparent reasons - Stalin simply wants to extend the Soviet border with British India. The other unapparent reason reveals itself later.

The war with Afghanistan lasts a bit longer than with Persia. The country is populated with warlike, aggressive tribes, who take aggression against them very seriously. Their only weakness is the fact that they still live in the Middle Ages, although their equipment suggests military aid from Great Britain. Soviet strategy is to bomb the enemy into submission, take Kabul, cut the enemy supply lines and then finish him off one province at the time using air support to the fullest extent possible. The proposed operation is named "Pugachev" (yet another outlaw and rebel, not related to Afghanistan in any way, but the name will nicely compliment the previous operation), put in motion on September 1st and finished successfully on December 5th. The last Afghani province to surrender is Kandahar, which still contained a large enemy pocket of some 60,000 willing to fight troops. The lack of food and ammo, however, broke the spirit of even the most eager fighters. Soviet losses during operation "Pugachev" amounted to 10,000 men and 100+ bombers.

A month later a Civil War breaks out in Spain. While Stalin wants fascists to succeed in destabilizing Europe, the need to contain the movement to Germany and Italy presses him to send aid to Republicans. In the same time, frustrated with slow rate of research and low production, he orders to speed them up in expense of the civilian sector. People are not happy with these development and dissent increases rapidly. Some officers openly show their discontent with government policies. Certain minister openly opposes Stalin, blissfully unaware that he is about to drop dead in his own home. The terror of the Great Purge is about to be unleashed on foe and friend alike. After the war historians will call it the biggest mistake of Stalin. They simply won't be able to see the method behind the madness.

There is only one simple explanation for the purge of the officer corps. A military machine, like any other machinery, needs a periodic tune up. If left alone, it tends to get needlessly bureaucratic, over hierarchical, slow and incompetent. Stalin does not randomly rid the army of officers. Only the ones infamous for their military blunders (Tuhachevsky, for example, was responsible for a defeat in Soviet-Polish war after the Revolution) or the ones known for the lack of loyalty bear the burden of Stalin's oppression. Some are shot, more are send off to work camps. Majority of the latter return in a year or two to service, their attitudes changed, their ideology corrected, their eagerness unlimited. Among them Marshall Rokossovskiy.

Dissent disappears, the country is on its knees, the Communist Party, which Stalin does not spare from the punishment, is again ready to follow its leader.
May 4th, 1937. Republicans in Spain succeed in putting down fascist uprising. Scores of communists, who fought there against fascist hydra, turn to politics and enjoy there even greater success than on the battlefield. By June 2nd Spain finds itself a member of the Comintern.

By August Nationalist China takes care of its claims in the west and braces itself for the inevitable conflict with Japan. Seeing the need to organize the eastern border, Stalin informs Tannu Tuva than despite their best behavior and admirable form of government (Stalinist) they will have to accept annexation. Period. So they do without resistance (no standing army, the country is occupied within a two weeks by single cavalry division).
The world moves on without a notice. Much more attention is paid to the events in the Far East where Imperial Japan makes a simultaneous attack on China and Netherlands. What does Stalin do? Safe in the knowledge that Japanese have their hands full he orders transfer of 5 rifle divisions to the west.

This marks a start of secret mobilization and re-organization. Three new rifle armies are born in addition to three existing ones. 2nd Rifle Army's task is to guard Vladivostok against possible Japanese aggression and assist Mongolia if there is a need for assistance. 1st and 3rd Rifle Armies are placed at Soviet-Finnish border, while 4th, 5th and 6th guard the border with Poland.
In theory one Rifle Army includes 6 rifle divisions, 1 mechanized corps, 1 tank corps, 2 artillery brigades, 2 anti-tank brigades, 1 anti-aircraft brigade and 1 engineer brigade. Sometimes tank corps may be substituted for cavalry division and mechanized corps for motorized corps. In reality, instead of 80,000 men, 1 rifle army amounts for 60,000-70,000, with many lacking armor support. However, as new types of tanks are being researched, the Party plans to equip the army with sufficient amount of tanks and, possibly, create 2-3 new tank armies before the start of hostilities. But how does one know when the hostilities will start. One helps them to start on the day of his own choosing, of course.

The 1938 comes and with it the ice of Europe begins to crack. Stalin's Icebreaker, Furher of Germany, tries to grab anything that isn't tied down. In March Germany brings Austria to alliance, as former rejects the offer of annexation. Seeing this Stalin orders to slightly speed up mobilization at expense of research.
In September of '38 Germany signs a treaty with Allies (at this time Great Britain and her puppet states together with France) at Munich, which gives Sudetenland to Germany. In return Hitler swears this is going to be his last demand. Czechs agree to cede their border territories and, with them, a network of fortifications, thus stripping themselves off their last defense against Germany. Needless to say, the Icebreaker does not stop there. By January of '39 Germany presses Austria to accept annexation and by March Lithuania is forced to cede Memel. A few days before the world witnesses the demise of Czechoslovakia. Bohemia and Moravia go to Germany, while Slovakia has to cede Ruthenia to Hungary and join Axis.

March 26th, 1938. Italy offers Albanian government to accept annexation without a fight. Using a lot of words, Albanians refuse. Since they do not have an army to back up those words they still get annexed in the end (it took Italy three weeks to annex Albania - about as long as they needed to march their troops to closest port, load them on transports and cross the Adriatic).

In April Hungary joins Slovakia in Axis alliance and Hitler, drunk with excitement, demands Danzig from Poles. Proud as always, Poles rebuff the Furher. After all, did not they send Tuhachevsky back to Russia with his tail between his legs just a decade and a half ago? However, they are not so proud to refuse the offer of alliance from Britain and France, recognizing that the times might have changed and odds are not in Poland's favor.

For awhile it seems as though the Icebreaker got stuck in the ice and Soviet plans for world domination will remain just plans on the paper. Without revolution in Germany there will be no revolution in Europe and thus, there will be no world revolution. Then comes Molotov, the bad cop in Stalin-Molotov duo, and heats things up. Pulling on strings only him and Stalin knew about, he arranges for Furher and Ribbentrop to come to him with proposal to attack Poland together and divide the spoils of war between Germany and Soviet Union. What Germans do not know is that Great Britain and France are already trying to bring Soviet Union into alliance against Germany. They opened their cards to Stalin, who knows now that if Germany attacks Poland, both Great Britain and France will declare war against Germany.
And so it is left up to Stalin to decide whether there should be a war or not. He has several options in hand. On one hand, if he decides to stop Germany's aggression, all he has to do is to let Hitler know than an attack on Poland will spell into two-front war for Germany - a war that the latter can never hope to win. On the other hand, if he is to stab Germany, while it is bogged down in the west, Stalin has to simply agree to partition of Poland, breaking all the borders that stand between Soviet Union and Germany. Let the Icebreaker take care of Soviet enemies, let those capitalist fools fight each other for petty stripes of land. And when they exhaust themselves, then and only then he shall declare a just and righteous war of liberation.

August 24th, 1939. Soviet Union and Germany sign a non-aggression pact, later to be know as Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. Stalin agrees to support Germany in their war against Poland. In return Hitler promises Stalin eastern half of Poland and supports Soviet claims on Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Romania. Stalin, dropping his usual calm, dances in Kremlin, happy to see his plans come together. "Ice is broken", he sings, "ice is broken".

Good job nalivayko!
I like the reading so far.

I'm interested how you want to go on with your World Revolution. I've read that you annexed Persia like Sytass did in his AAR. What will you do next?
Fight Finnland? Coup China? Infiltrate Iraq? :D

Anyway, I really like your "conspirative" style. Keep up the good work! :cool:

Thanks for quick response :)

I skipped introduction, but I hoped it's not too late to write it now:

My style is based on books of Viktor Suvorov, who has a very interesting outlook on WWII and Soviet Union in particular. They are available in English, but if you follow my aar closely you'll get the idea without reading them.

The idea of attacking Persia: I think every Russian game should start with it (at least mine does). It's easy, satisfying and brings me step closer to Iraqi oil.

However, since I am playing "a la Suvorov" I will try to follow closely his ideas. First, I will use Germany to weaken capitalist countries, then stab it in the back myself (Sytass got stabbed himself, I will try to be more careful), and only then attack allies on three fronts: Europe, Middle East, India. To finish off my job on the continent I will have to take care of China and Japan. Shouldn't be that hard with all my influence points (I don't have a navy, so I will have to conquer all I can on the mainland and then influence Japan and bring it into my alliance).

And yes, all of Europe shall be mine.

Little details...

Difficulty: hard
Aggressivness: furious
Technology: concentrating on developing my infantry and armor, plus a bit on aircraft and industry.

Originally posted by nalivayko

Stalin, dropping his usual calm, dances in Kremlin, happy to see his plans come together. "Ice is broken", he sings, "ice is broken".

Somehow I'm having problems picturing him dancing. :p Good to see you posting again nalivayko.

Joe

Thank you, Storey, I couldn't help writing one more aar - I missed this whole business a lot lately.

As for Stalin, you are totally in the darkness here. Nikita Krushchev witnessed that Stalin happily shouted that he deceived Hitler after M-R Pact was signed. If he was capable of shouting, he'd be capable of dancing. I don't think he's charizma would suffer :)

An invasion to Germany with main force concentrating in Romania, trying to cut Germany off from Ploesti. Seems fun, but i doubt that the consequences of that action would be so drastic in the game :(

Anyway, watch yourself... you don't want to end up Germany attacking you again.

An invasion to Germany with main force concentrating in Romania, trying to cut Germany off from Ploesti. Seems fun, but i doubt that the consequences of that action would be so drastic in the game

Anyway, watch yourself... you don't want to end up Germany attacking you again.

Hjarg, I know you will enjoy reading the second part :)

As for Stalin, you are totally in the darkness here. Nikita Krushchev witnessed that Stalin happily shouted that he deceived Hitler after M-R Pact was signed. If he was capable of shouting, he'd be capable of dancing. I don't think he's charizma would suffer :)
*imagines Stalin dancing Polka*

The horror... the horror...:eek:

Oh i can imagine it, after a busy day signing 5,000 execution warrants he used to go to the cinema to watch comedy films.

Your AAR is amusing, I used to read Viktor Suvorov of the CIA Press Department when I was a teenager, wonder what he is doing now? Sleeping on the streets of New York?

Hjarg, I know you will enjoy reading the second part :)

Ok, can't wait then. You really are doing an open assault from there? :p

Originally posted by Martinov
Oh i can imagine it, after a busy day signing 5,000 execution warrants he used to go to the cinema to watch comedy films.

Your AAR is amusing, I used to read Viktor Suvorov of the CIA Press Department when I was a teenager, wonder what he is doing now? Sleeping on the streets of New York?

I can't see a reason why he couldn't watch comedy films if he felt like it... Or can't see a reason why all dictators are concidered dead serious and no fun.

Btw, Suvorov is living in good old England and prolly writing another book at the moment. Another successful one actually. The man has sold millions of them, thanks to his unique (and witty) writing style and interesting subject.

Originally posted by Tambourmajor
*imagines Stalin dancing Polka*

The horror... the horror...:eek:

stalin_dance.gif

Sorry that I did not post the 2nd one yet - long working days and other usual excuses.

I am planning for an all-out assault, but AI can be as unpredictable as humans. This is as much as I can tell you. Screenies are coming too, btw.

P.S. Suvorov's books can be found at http://www.lib.ru/WSUWOROW/ for free. Couple of them are in English.

Last edited:
Part II: Day "M"

Mobilization is war.
Marshal of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics B. M. Shaposhnikov

It was widely acknowledge among the military minds of the 20th century that modern warfare required the effort of the entire country in order for this country to have a decent shot at victory. Total war required mobilization of millions and millions of men but there was one little problem - it mobilized prematurely this huge army would surely bankrupt the country and sabotage the entire war effort. Therefore the mobilization was like a drawn gun. Once one started it there was no way back. A country that started massive mobilization was de facto declaring war.

Stalin starts to mobilize the army in 1936.

First, as it is planned by Stavka, it is a relatively obscure effort, explained by the need to replace casualties in Soviet-Persian and Soviet-Afghan wars as well as the need to patrol the increased Soviet border. Then, as soon as Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact shocks Europe, Stalin orders the increase in the mobilization. He knows well the country will not be able to feed the men long during peacetime. However, he does not count on peace to last.

Less than a week after signing the pact with Stalin Hitler presents Poland with ultimatum - surrender Danzig or face the consequences. Assured by England and France that they will stand by her in the hour of need, Poland rebuffs the aggressor. On August 30th, 1930 Hitler orders full-scale invasion of Poland. Stalin claims that his army is unready to fight and leaves the Furher with two-front war on his hands.

On September 6th Finland, intimidated by growing Soviet armies across the border and feeling very much alone in this world, gives in to Soviet demands. Viipuri, Sortavala and Petsamo are ceded without firing a single shot. The impregnable Mannerheim line is surrended without a fight. This only confirms Stalin that Finland is going to be a walk-over.

September 27th, 1939. German forces take Warsaw. Italy sees it a fit moment to join Axis and to attack France. As the majority of French divisions take their positions by Maginot line, Italians have a relatively easy time breaking through France's defensive lines in the south and achieving operational freedom. On the same day, assured that his Icebreaker needs no help, Stalin orders the Northern Front to attack Finland. Stripped of their defenses, Finns have a rather difficult time trying to stop Soviet Army steamroller. At the time of attack the Soviet Northern Front consists of 1st and 3rd Rifle Armies (led by Marshals Tolbukhin and Rokossovskiy), 2nd Tank Army (Marshal Zhukov), 1st and 2ns Air Armies (Marshals Yakovlev and Moskalenko), 2 cavalry divisions under Marshal Chuikov and 15th Rifle Division (occupying Petsamo). Main attack takes place in direction of Helsinki, where ground more or less suited tank warfare. Once the bulk of the Finnish army is defeated, there is only room left for mop-up operations.

On October 13th Finland joins USSR as Finnish SSR. The whole war, conveniently over before the heavy winter snow, costs Soviet forces two bombers and 18,000 men. Such a sound victory sends shockwaves through the Baltic states. In less than two weeks Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania accede to Soviet demands and join the USSR. Soviet claims on Romanian Bessarabia, however, are met with little sympathy in Bucharest.

In November Germany is still struggling with Polish forces along Soviet-Polish border. Polish patriots are putting up a fierce resistance, but Germany gets unexpected help from Slovakia, which force fight their way as far north as Pinsk. On December 2nd, 1930 Poland is annexed by Nazi Germany. Still at war with the rest of the Allies, Hitler does not dare to dishonor Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. Soviet Union gets East Poland in return for 2000 oil. The exception to the rule are provinces of Lvov and Rovno, at the time of annexation occupied by Slovakians. Stalin does not object. In his mind he is already planning a capture of Berlin.
December 6th, 1930. In an obvious attempt to outflank French forces at Maginot line, Hitler declares war on Luxemburg, Belgium and Netherlands. However, at the same time Italianian forces are already seen advancing rapidly across southern France.

Meanwhile, the mobilization is speeding up back in the USSR. Fully understanding that a large army cannot stay idle for long, Stalin uses constant Romanian refusals of Soviet demands for Bessarabia as an excuse to launch an operation code-named "Izmail". The attack on Romania, however, has deeper reasons than above-mentioned. As this country leans toward an alliance with Germany, Hitler has a good chance of getting his hands on Romanian oil, which might significantly improve Germany's economic standing. To prevent this, Soviet High Command plans to conquer Romania first and the use it as a base for a flank attack on Hungary and, eventually, Germany itself.

Operation "Ismail" is the last step on the way to mysterious Day "M" - a day, when a secret mobilization stops being secret and Soviet Union unleashes its numerous, motivated and battle-hardened armies on the worn-out countries of the West.
Romania, by all standards, is not an easy country to swallow. Mountains in the west provide Romanian Army with a perfect sanctuary, while the army itself (31 divisions) is barely outnumbered by newly established Soviet Southern Front. The latter consists of 5th and 8th Rifle Armies (Marshals Konev and Chuikov), 6th Mountain Rifle Army (Marshal Voroshilov, experienced at mountain warfare in Afghanistan), 1st Tank Army (Marshal Timoshenko), 1st and 2nd Air Armies (already won themselves a reputation in Finland) and 3 cavalry divisions.

December 9th, 1939. As soon as new Soviet Tank T-34/76 is ready for production, Stalin puts operation "Ismail" in motion. Thankfully, Romania is hardly famous for harsh winters. Romanians, however, turn out to be decent fighters, but they are no match for disciplined Soviet soldiers. By the month end the Romanian army is forced to retreat west of Carpathians, where they make their final stand. With Soviet forces stretched far and infantry unable to keep up with cavalry and tanks, Romanians get a break and one final victory, as they manage to destroy two cavalry divisions at Oradea. Soviet forces loose additional rifle division at Arad, but there they claim victory as 1st Tank Army routes twenty-two Romanian divisions. This crushing defeat and the loss of all but one provinces force Romanians to surrender on January 11th, 1940.

By January 25th Germany and Italy put an end to a war in France. While the former fails to achieve a breakthrough in the north, Italian forces march on Paris and, by appearing behind French forces, force France to surrender. With the exception of one province, all of France falls into Italian hands. German inability to break through French lines confirms Stalin's suspicions that Hitler is not ready for a total war. With England and her dominions still at war, Hitler will stand no chance when Soviet onslaught comes. Meanwhile, the rest of Europe will cheer Soviet troops as liberators, not suspecting the fate that awaits them in the near future.

With this in mind Stalin finally decides on the date for Day "M". As T-34/76s roll in production and newer T-34/85 tanks are being developed, Stalin deems the army almost prepared for war. Not expecting Germany to last more than 3 months of fighting, he sets Day "M" for August 31st, 1940.

Last edited:
Beat the real mr. Stalin by a year as i see :)

Can't wait for the outcome of the day "M"

very good aar... Well Written and Good gameplay!

Beat the real mr. Stalin by a year as i see

Hjarg, in RL Day M did not match the day USSR entered the war with Germany. With crazy AI like in this game everything possible. Consider it another hint :)

very good aar... Well Written and Good gameplay!

I am not sure as for good gameplay :) I've done better with smaller countries. Unless you mean more or less realistic :)

Great! So we'll get to see Operation Barbarossa in reverse...

Hm, do I wish to comment on that :) Ok, not Barbarossa in reverse, but the reverse of Barbarossa. You will see what I mean later.

Seriosuly though. Good AAR

Thank you, Jordan3

Update!

and screenshots!

I've sold my soul till December 15th, but I am trying to pull this one through. Screenshots will be up tonight. An update may be here (78% possibility) tomorrow.

Hjarg, in RL Day M did not match the day USSR entered the war with Germany. With crazy AI like in this game everything possible. Consider it another hint :)

Yes, i know. Day M was about a month later iirc? So you still did beat him with a year.