• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No to the vote of no confidence! Unity!

Due to the scandalous actions of the Chancellor namely, pulling the rug out from under my ministry during wartime without so much as consulting my office to voice his objections before hand I am forced to act. Normally, I would resign and call for no confidence in the Chancellor. Unfortunately, this is war and unity as some of the more san embers of this chamber have reminded us is paramount. As such I am faced with having to choose the least bad of many horrible options and ammending my recommendation to Surrender to the British Dogs. I feel a great pain for the people of Plymouth and for every German life lost defending it because that have now died in vain. The Chancellor and I will have a score to settle over the fate of Plymouth after the war but for now we must put such petty things behind us.

I believe it was the Frenchman Voltaire who said, "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by a hundred rats;" I can only agree with this sentiment. The Foreign Minister should note that he has only proven himself a vacillating coward. I suggest that he take up permanent residence in Britain after the successful conclusion of our current conflict.

~ K. F. von Hohenzollern, Chief of the General Staff

If the Foreign Minister is willing to amend his plan and see reason, then I will withdraw my vote of no-confidence.

Hermann von Leute

((The 24 hour rule now goes into effect; if nobody objects openly to the amended plan, then we proceed.))

I object to this dishonourable and cowardly plan.

~ K. F. von Hohenzollern, Chief of the General Staff

You are in the Conclave, Herr von Hohenzollern. It is for the Assembly to decide upon Herr Schaumburg's plan.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Do people not understand the nuances of Constitutional Law!?

Rafanelli says to nobody in particular.

Well then I object to this Foreign Minister's plan, as is my right as a member of the Assembly. I will not stand by and see Germany sell its people away to our enemies.

- Eva von Vandenburg

((I'm starting to lose track of what's going on with all the objections and votes of no confidence. :p))

I applaud the FM's willingness to amend his proposal, and only regret that our personal relationship seems to have become a casualty of our difficulties. Believe me, my objection to his original plan was not personal, but was guided only by what I see as the best interest of our German nation as a whole.

If is time for voting in the assembly, I vote to approve the amended Foreign Ministry plan.

Gutfreund, Chancellor

I applaud the FM's willingness to amend his proposal, and only regret that our personal relationship seems to have become a casualty of our difficulties. Believe me, my objection to his original plan was not personal, but was guided only by what I see as the best interest of our German nation as a whole.

If is time for voting in the assembly, I vote to approve the amended Foreign Ministry plan.

Gutfreund, Chancellor
Seeing as your backstab of this coalition has cost us Plymouth and its many citizens our pride, and stabiltiy in a time of war. In addition to costing myself my pride,conscience, favor of my own party and I am sure my post when a new coalation come to power. There will be a resolution to this insult and disgrace the moment the war is over. Only for Germany do I not stick to my guns and end this now.

Reactions:
Seeing as your backstab of this coalition has cost us Plymouth and its many citizens our pride, and stabiltiy in a time of war. In addition to costing myself my pride,conscience, favor of my own party and I am sure my post when a new coalation come to power. There will be a resolution to this insult and disgrace the moment the war is over. Only for Germany do I not stick to my guns and end this now.

When will you get it through your skull that we have already lost Plymouth, you simpleton? Will it take a rebellion of earth shattering proportions before you quit sulking? One could probably be arranged, if you absolutely insist, Comrade Schaumberg.

I vote in favor of the plan.

Hermann von Leute